[EP6][Social] DAO-wide proposal to terminate Directorship of Brantly Millegan at the ENS Foundation

Besidesa material changes to the value of the ENS governance token, and the unaligned opinions on specific subject matter to yourself and anyone participating within The ENS Foundaton internal affairs, has Brantly.eth acted in a manner against that which he has signed for, as a Director of The ENS Foundation. First this is information available to the public, to delegates and the broader community:

• The ENS Foundation is a required legal entity for many reasons, and has three directors: Nick Johnson, Brantly Millegan, and Kevin Gaspar. All of them are core members.

• The ENS Foundation has one supervisor. The supervisor is an administrative role whose job is to make sure that the directors are doing their jobs in accordance with Cayman Islands law. The position of supervisor is filled by a Cayman Islands firm, DS Limited.

[EDIT]
In this instance, my conjecture would be that Brantly.eth has to communicate with the supervisory firm, DS Limited, and directors Kevin Gaspar and Nick Johnson. Again conjecture here, looking at the governing constraints that [currently] exist, Brantly.eth will continue at ENS DAO and working within Web3

2 Likes

On the technical side, there is an internal Stewards’ meeting today on this subject. I am sure everyone important will be present there and something will come off it. In any case, any delegate can initiate a vote on Snapshot; I am simply adhering to courteous practise and asking the core team instead to take it up.

Addendum:

1 Like

While everyone is arguing about other aspects, inplco can you please explain this part of the draft proposal?

1 Like

For legal reasons. He is employed as Brantly Millegan by TNL, not brantly.eth

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I do not have the authority to decide if he gets to keep his .eth name. Is that what you were getting at? No, the reasons are legal.

2 Likes

No, not removing the name, but I thought maybe it was suggesting that the DAO censure anyone who refers to him using it. Thank you for clarifying.

2 Likes

Who are the internal stewards. Feeling super centralized.

4 Likes

@HealingVisions I meant internal meeting of Stewards.

Stewards for the ENS DAO working groups, for Q1/Q2 2022 are as follows:

• Meta-Governance: jmj.eth, simona.eth, james.eth, nick.eth, leontalbert.eth
  • ENS Ecosystem: ginge.eth, slobo.eth, bobjiang.eth, nick.eth, jefflau.eth
  • Community: limes.eth, coltron.eth, spencecoin.eth, brantly.eth, validator.eth
  • Public Goods: sumedha.eth, ceresstation.eth, avsa.eth, matoken.eth, ricmoo.eth
3 Likes

A modern witch hunt. Who’s pushing for @brantlymillegan to be excluded from ENS doesn’t deserve web3.

6 Likes

He can use ENS and web3 like all others, just not as its DOO. That position doesn’t suit him anymore.

6 Likes

It makes no sense to tell people to DYOR in this proposal. Please include the information in it.

I also want to argue that a poorly worded proposal and vote will result in more harm to the ENS ecosystem. What I am trying to do here is to improve the quality of this proposal so that anyone can come in to see the full picture, the events that transpired as well as the relevant (if any) guidelines, code of conducts or agreements that were violated.

Please approach this with cooler heads and document / archive anything that is helpful for what you want to achieve with this proposal.

1 Like

This is the type of information that I wish to see in the proposal:

Please include any of such violation along the proposal so people can see what ACTUAL line was crossed and not just subjective views. If no such line was actually crossed, it will come off as “he didn’t break any rules but we don’t like him so we’re voting him off”. A better proposal IMO would be a vote of confidence.

1 Like

It is a Draft Proposal, not an Active Proposal. As you can probably read, the core team has been invited to make a Snapshot proposal (with the timeline of the events as they unfolded as is customary including the “charges” against him), which they have eluded to in another thread an hour ago here. If you could just gulp the salt and look around, you will find all the information, and the timeline of things to come in their respective categories. For instance, Brantly has already been voted out as Community WG Steward

1 Like

My position is not to defend Brantly, it is to ensure that whatever the ENS community or DAO decides to do does not come off as a bunch of bigots or angry zealots. I am mostly aware of what happened but please keep in mind that “he’s a bigot” can be improved significantly.

1 Like

This proposal is written up as a half-assed, knee-jerk reaction. I can’t take it seriously.

Let’s hold ourselves to a much, much higher standard when it comes to sanctioning or removing anyone for speaking their minds, no matter how badly we are upset by their opinions.

6 Likes

If you want something to be advanced to a proposal, please adhere to the governance process for draft proposals, and use a template matching those used for previous votes. Your proposal needs to contain the exact text you want to be posted as a question on Snapshot.

5 Likes

Hi Nick, thanks for the feedback. I will move to draft an active proposal following the guidelines from the governance docs. Please feel free to close this thread if you feel like this draft has fulfilled its purpose.

3 Likes

Please post any further replies to [EP6] [Social] Proposal: DAO-wide proposal to terminate Director of Operations role of Brantly Millegan at the ENS Foundation - #3 by nick.eth