ENS Affiliate Marketing - Affiliate Program

Thankfully we have solutions to that challenge :grinning:

The key is to separate the onchain tracking from the accounting that aggregates all the tracking results. Accounting can be achieved in a decentralized and gas-free way offchain using the onchain tracking. For example, decentralized accounting is already being achieved through Dune and can be further enhanced through a few code updates to the ENS Subgraph.

We have some good solutions already for onchain tracking:

1. Duration parameter. Enables tracking of both registration and renewals. Also enables easier accounting as all tracking data is emitted through onchain events. See this thread for details. Planning is moving fast and thanks to feedback from the community there’s already some improvements to this idea that haven’t been updated on the forum yet.
  2. Secret parameter. Enables tracking on registrations only and requires more specialized techniques for accounting that have the ability to inspect internal transactions. See the existing ENSIP-14 draft for details.

The above are not complete end-to-end solutions for a full ENS Affiliate Program. They represent just one part of a larger solution that needs to be designed. An end-to-end solution proposal is being drafted through a community effort. Feedback and advice from all members of the ENS Community are very appreciated ! A number of these feedback sessions have already been coordinated 1-on-1 or in small groups. For the current state of planning, I think these smaller group feedback sessions help to produce more detailed critiques / analysis and open conversation.

The key is to find the best overall solutions and I’m confident if we combine insights across the community we can achieve a great result.

@accessor.eth if you’re interested in setting up a call to discuss in more detail, please let me know in a DM :+1: All feedback is appreciated !

This invite to contribute to the planning is also open to everyone else in the ENS Community. If you’re interested in helping the ENS Ecosystem grow, this is a great opportunity to participate. All are very welcome to DM me here on the DAO Forum, on Twitter, or on Telegram.

2 Likes