ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: voronkov.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Greetings dear community members! :hugs: At some point, I became heavily disappointed in centralization. Freedom is not possible without true decentralization of the communities. While being a Russian citizen, at the same time I am a resident of Norway, which is considered to be one the freest countries in the world with a developed democratic system. Nevertheless, even in the most transparent democracy, I see how different groups of people dominate and enforce others and others have a lack of freedom to live according to their rules. Similar centralization damages the internet. Currently dominating social networks abuse power, infringe ownership rights and represent a totalitarian dictatorship. I consider the ban of Donald Trump (independently of my political position) Twitter account was a symbolic act of digital dictatorship and a symbol of the end of traditional (web2.0) social networks and the internet (web1.0). Therefore I foresee web3 decentralized internet, truly owned by its users to be a winner in the fight for freedom! I see that ENS can be a cornerstone in this new WEB3 era and I am 100% dedicated to tirelessly working for the benefit of ENS DAO and web3 users overall! :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist:

****My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ](Proposed ENS Constitution)

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a serial entrepreneur in crypto and web3. I am in crypto trading since 2013. In 2016-2019 I was advising different ICOs, IEOs and IDOs. Since 2019 in DeFi and NFT. Now interested in cross-chains (including cross-chain domain names) and cross-chain bridges. Main skills: generating new ideas, bringing together people, who can make these ideas come true, design of the products, which people need, managing devs/non-devs team, software architect.

ENS name: StephenBrowne.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I have been full time in crypto and blockchain full time for the last 4 years and have seen many things come and go during that time. ENS Domains, from the first time I encountered them, I realised it was an important project/movement that was here to stay. My background prior to crypto was in law, specially advocacy, so I think I can bring a lot of these skills to bear for the role of being a delegate. I have skills for analysing problems and coming up with practical solutions.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree - This is something that goes along with the very essence of the ENS domains.
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree, although ensuring quality of the network is paramount, so fees must also be used to ensure this ,
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:

I have been in the digital assets space for the last 4 years, you can check out my linkedin here - https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephen-browne/. I am involved in numerous companies from gaming to security tokens, from Ireland to Hong Kong. I am passionate about crypto and Web3 and devote my professional life, and much of my personal life to this end!

ENS name:
gwera.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
Iā€™m really enthusiastic about ENS and decentralization. It gives me the promise and shimmer of early internet vibes, but this time, we have the gift of hindsight.

Iā€™m particularly excited for the potential ENS has to shape and drive identity in the global south. The possibilities of this community are beyond exciting and I would be honoured to be a part of building and moving forward.

Iā€™m all in on the future of decentralization and the public good it promises, but I also acknowledge that bad actors exist to ruin things for all of us. I will advocate for fairness with ENS domains and the future of identity.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 478

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
    While I agree, Iā€™d like to consider the proposed constitution here which talks about fees also being used as a disincentive model.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
    the definition of public good should always be reviewed and voted on by community members. we donā€™t wanna repeast the whole ā€œdonā€™t be evilā€ debacle. Income should be used to drive adoption and building for public good with ENS.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

• avid user of web3 apps but Iā€™ve recently flung myself head first into building in web3

• often appear as a special guest on the blockchain insider podcast

• currently working in fintech, building truly digital financial services - closer to the trad-fi

• keen to get involved in de-fi - specifically to drive financial inclusion and web3 adoption in the global south.

Iā€™m on a mission* to bridge the knowledge gap between emerging web3 tech and the mainstream world.

support ļ¼Good platform

ENS name: mauvis.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Hi Iā€™m Mauvis. I am the biggest fan of the decentralized web. Iā€™m the former CTO of CoinMarketCap. I am the trusted multi-sig holder of many projects including Aavegotchi. Iā€™m also a fullstack + web3 developer who manages his own nodes. I believe I have the knowledge, connections, and fortitude to continue to make ENS a success as a delegate.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree, I believe this is a core concept of the decentralized web.
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree, the fees are minimal, critical to prevent sybil attacks, but also sufficient enough to continue advancement of ENS.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree, even if overbudget there is plenty to do good for ENS, blockchains, the decentralized web, and other public good.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree, only in that ENS is an open-source, community driven project and integrating with the global namespace is quickest way to mainstream adoption. COMMENT: I believe ICANN should and will eventually be replaced eventually as all ā€œpublic-goodā€ services should eventually shed the intermediaries that helped bootstrap those networks. Before blockchains this was impossible.

I have been a full-stack engineer for the past 15 years, CTO of multiple startups, and well-versed in web3 and running/managing my own blockchain nodes.

ENS name: bean.eth

Hello I am yoonsung.eth.

ā€˜bean.ethā€™ is my social token and DAO is composed of my influence.

Our DAO is a collection of people of variable characters, especially co-owned by bean holder of the I developed protocol and its Meta Governing Governance.

We should focus on the assumption that ENS is essential to public goods for using ethereum, so it can be used by anyone in the world. Giving diversity to governance members as a way upsolving these problems is discussed first. also, an effective way to hear local voices is to select people who actually worked in the region, which is effective. I suggest my DAO as an option for such diversity.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 333

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree - Naturally, nothing is easier than guaranteeing ownership, and someone wants to damage the real world by using Someone elseā€™s name, itā€™s because the value has not been delivered enough. This is also a problem that occurs in the existing Domain System. However, ENS is better than the existing system because it distributes sufficient signals to On-Chain at the time of registration.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree - Maintenance is essential for most systems. Furthermore, the cost of maintaining public goods is generally unimaginably high, and printing money from a national system cannot be solved. Incentives are also essential for the autonomous maintenance of public goods.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree - Public goods are limited to being effective alone. For example, by financing the creation of a ā€œSign in with Ethereumā€ specification, we aim to improve the experience of potential users. Therefore, it is necessary to raise funds for various public goods systems with the funds of ENS.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree - DNS is a complicated area. Many problems arise from what each ISP and Web2 company is doing to route to a new IP. I think these companies will also prefer the trusted DNS system, ENS. I think it would be good to start from here.

Used to be an Auditor from Haechilabs and is currently an independent consultant in the Web3 area.

• UMAā€™s Sponsor award from the 2020 EthOnline Hackathon.
  • 1st Winning from 2020 Near Rainbow Bridge Hackathon.
  • 1st and 3rd Winning on 2020 Ethcon from Korea.

If you want to know more detailed code skills, please refer to my GitHub.

1 Like

ENS name:
mbelinsky.eth

Helping to ensure a strong future for an important public good

PM, Agile, UI/UX, Localization

ENS name: dragoncatlab.eth
My view on each section:
ALL Agree!
Follow me! Things are best simple! Letā€™s go as you feel!

ENS name: showmenft.eth

ShowMe is an NFT Subscription Social Platform Built on Web3.0. The core function modules are subscription, NFT membership and NAAS (NFT-as-a-service). Subscription allows creators to flexibly set a variety of subscription methods to enter the Club.

We will use ENS as the user name to display when our official version is launched,. On the one hand, ENS is a symbol of status, and on the other hand, it improves the user experience of users in the crypto. We hope to contribute to the ENS ecosystem and attract our users to contribute to ENS.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)Agree

**My web3 qualifications / skills:**ShowMe is an NFT Subscription Social Platform Built on Web3.0. Our website URL is https://showme.fan/

ENS name: theshowme.eth

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

ENS name: thomasjeans.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I strongly believe that building an open and decentralized technology future will play a vital role to ensure the freedom and prosperity of humanity.

As I read through many of the other delegate submissions, I didnā€™t see many whose views aligned with my own relative to the initial articles of the constitution ā€“ namely that unless an article is absolutely critical for the core mission of ENS, it should not be ratified. Limiting the restrictions outlined in the constitution will allow the collective wisdom of the DAO the flexibility to make the best decisions for the direction of ENS now and in the future. I go into detail regarding my rationale in this tweet.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

I believe Article 1 should be adopted because name ownership is a fundamental value proposition of ENS and ownership is a core tenet of web3

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Disagree

I agree with this principle today but I believe it may be too restrictive in scenarios the DAO may face in the future. It also seems unnecessary. I trust the collective wisdom of the DAO to make these decisions

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Disagree

I think ENS should have a narrowly focussed mission and avoid using DAO funds for public goods. If public goods are to be supported, this should be defined more clearly in a future article

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Disagree

While I see tremendous value in integration, I think ENS should seek to become the global standard in namespaces and not be held back by legacy technology or outdated thinking

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have been working in software engineering as a developer and leader for the past 8 years. I came into the crypto space in 2017 as an investor (aka degen) and have recently begun learning Solidity. It is my hope that my lack of direct experience working in web3 will provide the DAO with a greater diversity of ideas and opinions.

**ENS name:maoge.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS as well as become apart of the change as we progress into the next evolution of the web.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have a technical background, however only basic knowledge of web3, I wish to improve on my understanding and contribute to this community with the security and growth that it has to offer.

ENS name: jeremycs.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe ENS domains will serve as the passport to web3 and will be the first, and most important, crypto asset that a significant portion of the mainstream own: I believe it will be the most decentralized digital asset there is, with every person on the globe having an ENS home.

It will serve as the identity layer, the underlying digital home, and the gateway for web3. It will also serve as the de facto bridge between web2 and web3. We must protect the development of this integral layer of the crypto economy to ensure that it reaches this vision of true decentralization, full interoperability, and ungamable digital identity.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 1

Name ownership shall not be infringed : Agree

Name ownership is the base layer of web3; and true ownership necessitates interoperability and portability across the entire crypto universe.

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism : Agree

Fees are a critical mechanism to discourage ENS hoarding, squatting, and speculating. Ownership should ideally tied to an active end user who derives real utility from ENS, rather than an opportunistic actor with purely financial incentives.

Income funds ENS and other public goods : Agree

ENS will be one of many crypto-native public goods, and it is integral to the health of the broader web3 ecosystem that we strategically support initiatives that contribute to the future of the web.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace : Agree

ENS will not only be the underlying base layer for web3, but will also serve as the bridge to web2 and the non-blockchain internet. Interoperability should be at the core of ENS and its development.

Iā€™m the co-treasurer of the Stanford Blockchain Club where we are delegates representing significant governance power for protocols that have helped shape web3 as we know it, including Uniswap and Compound. A core part of our mission is to educate the community about web3 and accelerate the next generation of adoption.

I have a background in economics (Oxford) and business (as a founder & Stanford MBA), with an extensive focus on incentive structures, game theory, and platform design.

1 Like

ENS name: paradigm.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS should prevail as a fundamental building block of the metaverse, further emerging as the most important public good on Ethereum. Oneā€™s ENS name is a cornerstone of her digital sovereignty. We must protect the namespace with respect, loyalty, and deference commensurate to its immense societal significance. Part of delivering on that mission requires the namespace confronting and conquering tests of antifragility. I stand to prevent the web3 aristocrats from exerting their interests on the namespace at the expense of the collective good and in place of building collective wealth.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I exist on chain

2 Likes
Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree)
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

ENS name: Klent4d.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Have been into the NFT community for past 5 months now so guess its time to register an ENS name and so am willing to be a delegate.
My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:

1. Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  2. Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  3. Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  4. ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree
    My web3 qualifications / skills: Been into the NFT space from past 5 months now and have my wallet connected to 53 sites

ENS name: nudibranch.eth

I would like to support the development of ENS (one of the first NFTs) built for web3!

My fellow delegators are:
:black_joker::black_joker::black_joker::black_joker::black_joker:.eth
nebe.eth

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree with focus on automation/AI and UBI

• Member of Consensys Academy | Blockchain Developer Bootcamp
  • Experience in DeFi, DevOps and Infrastructure
  • Created multiple NFTs on OpenSea (Ethereum) and Hic et Nunc (Tezos)
2 Likes

Superb fren A+++ Will be the cornerstone of this community.

**ENS name:**Yuaf.ens

Everthing is just a beginning, I want to see the great change in the cryptocurrencie world.
I believe that ENS will provide a huge foundation for any exist in the metaverse, and i want to be a part.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

Cryptocurrency researcher, Basic web3 skill and im investing in programming.