ENS DAO Delegate Applications

DAPettit

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Interested

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills: very low

ENS name:

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Absolutely AGREE

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: AGREE

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: AGREE w/comment

COMMENT: ā€˜other public goodsā€™ should be more defined and less vague a statement. Whatā€™s good for some is not good for others, and itā€™s subjective nature should be framed in a more objective way.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace:
    AGREE

My web3 qualifications / skills:

Director/project manager of several Defi and ReDefi projects at scale.

Developed first vertically integrated DeFi Real Estate transaction and funding web3 portal.

1 Like

ENS name: chiro.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think i have the motivation to be an ENS Delegator, also iā€™m really into Ethereum / WEB3 technology in general and i think i can be a delegate and reperesent the Spanish Speaking Community.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 63

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.
My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3/solidity skills.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I just love ENS!

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ]

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Solidity eng and game mechanics designer. Previously helped start a bunch of meatspace businesses.
[/quote]

ENS name: iconee.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To help support the community and drive ENS forward. Iā€™ve been an ENS user from very early on and realized from onset how important it would be to web3; I look forward to helping ENS moving forward into the DAO-era.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree, but more like a disincentive to prevent users from simply sitting on names without using them.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Avid cryptocurrency researcher and long time ethereum node operator. I strive to fully research any project to its core and understand as much about it as possible. This, in my opinion, makes me a good choice to become a delagate.

ENS name: ourdigitalhomestead.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe in the future of Web3, I like to learn, I am a former city developer/community builder, I have passion to help others, I see myself as a bridge to help others here and in my community transition to Web3. My skills are in learning, synthesizing, systems ecology, consensus building, and creating imagery.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution **

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree. Free market, transparent, no institutional favoritism or unforeseen conditions.
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree. The application of an environmental pressure to manage entropy and chaos. Keeps the system from collapse due to entropy.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree. Feedback loop back into the system for growth of system and ecosystem. Imagining this section could be more robust as things evolve.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree. Marge rather than dominate.

My web3 qualifications / skills: My skills are ecology, engineering, and community building. I was a city developer before entering this space. Iā€™ve built infrastructure for communities (parks, roads, public art, bridges that kind of thing). I am good at learning systems, hierarchy, and interdependencies. I do not have any special Web3 skills other than what I have taught myself by reading and applying. My knowledge base is in the ability to learn systems and reach out to others, teach, reduce friction for entry, and have fun.

ENS name:: aseoconnor.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:: I want to help steward the next generation of domain names. ENS is a community good that I have been using for years and I want to push forward the start of the art of WEb 3

My web3 qualifications / skills:: I am the Chief of Staff at Blocknative, building core infrastructure to make transactions more reliable on public blockchain networks. Prior to joining the blocknative team, I helped NBA player Spencer Dinwiddie tokenize his contract in the first Pro Athlete Investment Token. I got into Web3 in late 2016 and originally joined ConsenSys to drive Cellarius ā€” a fan governed sci fi universe.

1 Like

ENS name: derekw.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Deeply engrained in the web3 community with the aim to represent anyone who wants to see the internet be a user owned, public goods protocols.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

• Experienced crypto/web3 investor and delegate.

ENS name: motoma.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a long-time crypto enthusiast. I started mining Bitcoin in 2011, began professionally working with NFTs for an S&P 500 in 2017, and currently work in the crypto space solving issues of identity for a major token sale platform. As an early adopter and a strong believer in ENS, Ethereum, and the crypto space more broadly, I feel it is our responsibility to improve the landscape to make it safer and more accessible to the broader population

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

My web3 qualifications/skills:
My 20-year career in the tech space started with managing subdomains on a major state university campus. Iā€™ve watched the evolution of DNS (a decentralized system from the start), the growth of adoption of DNSSEC, and the technologies enablement of security in other protocols (SPF, DKIM, etc.). Iā€™m thrilled to see how ENS continues to evolve the spaces of DNS, Web3, and identity.

ENS name: tabathal.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe in web3 and view this DAO as a way to advance this. After working in big data and watching companies eat away at user data, I want to help change things. (For instance it would be great if there were a way to autovalidate the prior statement without me having to give away which companies I specifically worked for). An ENS service will greatly facilitate the transition to web3 and will remain relevant. (I donā€™t have to give someone a random address). I really like that you guys reserved some names so as to prevent people from buying them and attempting to sell them to other people for a high price. All in all I hope to be a part of this movement to change society.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:

Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Comment. While I somewhat agree, I think in the end it gives weight to insanely wealthy people who can afford ETH vs someone who doesnā€™t necesarily have that much money. So adding fees as an incentive only deincentivizes those that do not have as much money.
Income funds ENS and other public goods: agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: agree

I am a full stack engineer who also works on machine learning projects. I support big data infra presently and am trying to figure out how to pivot big data infra to support decentralization of data. I studied mathematics. I am fluent in javascript (NodeJS, ReactJS, etcā€¦) and python and know C/C++/R etcā€¦ I am currently learning solidity.

1 Like
  • Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Disagree, lets put value on the community)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

Web3 and Python are my main job, I will give my best to contribute with my skills.

ENS name: yinon.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I would like to be involved in the ENS DAO. I believe that building a decentralized future will help many people in achieving freedom.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:
Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

Business Development, Go To Market, Product

ENS name:w060908.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:Want to grow together with the ENS and be optimistic about the ENSā€™s future.

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree
My web3 qualifications / skills:I have a certain foundation in web3 skills.

ENS name: phutchins.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am very interested in helping to move ENS forward as it is such an important building block for our web3 ecosystem. DNS through ENS is in so many cases the first entry point of a user to the web3 world so getting it right is so important.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree - Keeping name registration, ownership, and transfers decentralized where everyone has equal rights and changes are made on a macro level driven by the ENS DAO is hugely important to me and the core of what this DAO is about.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree - We want to ensure that the cost is inclusive where most could afford to purchase a name however the fee should act as enough of a barrier to ensure that legitimate buyers are buying names. It is also imperative that we fund the work of the DAO to ensure continuation of this fantastic service.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree - Directly in line with item number 2 in the constitution, funds should go directly back into supporting ENS and continuing its efforts. Being a part of the web3 and public goods community also makes it important to assist in funding other public goods where it makes sense. We all succeed together!
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree - In order for ENS to work widely and be adopted by the world, we absolutely must integrate with the DNS systems that are in place today making our best effort to stay as decentralized where possible and continue to move more and more toward true decentralization as the technology and society allows.

I have been in the crypto/web3 space since 2015 and have been involved ever since.

• Lead DevOps team focused on security and automation at BitPay
  • Former CTO of Storj Labs where I served on the board of directors and lead teams to architect and build a decentralized storage platform
  • Designed and built a prototype of a decentralized supply chain coordination platform
  • Played a part in launching the Gitcoin DAO
  • Proposed and launched one of the first workstreams in the Gitcoin DAO
  • Was one of the first full time employees of the Gitcoin DAO
  • Built a fully decentralized Grant platform POC and successfully executed a grant round supporting public goods
  • Currently a steward of the Gitcoin DAO and am actively involved in governance and inter-dao operations
1 Like

ENS name: crypto-monnaie.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I remember being up all night at ENS domain registrar launch few years ago to start registering domains and participate in this ecosystem. I like web2 but iā€™m in love with web3. I also come from Francophone Africa and believe me being a delegate could contribute to have my community voice represented

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I built a non custodial wallet

**ENS name: ramiabih.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to increase my impact on web3 and the ENS ecosystem. I am excited for the chance of having a lasting effect on our development, and to play a larger role in making sure everyoneā€™s voice is heard, and ensuring ENS is a success.

**My web3 qualifications / skills: In the space since 2013. Early miner, DeFi adopter, NFT purchaser, etc. Code in solidity, JS, Python. Degree in politics and love DAOā€™s for their structures and powers.

**ENS name: investing.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: become part of and support the evolution of the next version of the web to create more investment opportunities in tech

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: technical, software development background, basic knowledge of web3

ENS name: yilak.eth

My motivation for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™ve been using ENS since its inception. I use it for both my personal account and our project (amole). I was intrigued by the idea of a name registry in Ethereum.

Iā€™ll lead efforts to integrate ENS with all major Ethiopian banks and wallets, as well as smart contract, to make ENS a standard for banks to build on as they transition to new systems.

That is why I am putting myself forward as a delegate candidate. I have strong views on decentralization, web3, and user ownership that have guided me in this sector since I first dabbled with crypto, and I believe I would be useful as a delegate in the DAO.

I believe it is critical to express principles as we embark on this path to align the community and ecosystem we hope to create around this endeavor

• Many more people should have access to financial services.
  • I believe that free, fast, and low-cost money flow will spur economic growth.
  • People have an intrinsic right to control the fruits of their labor.
  • I think that we all have a responsibility to contribute to financial inclusion, promote ethical actors, and maintain the ecosystemā€™s integrity.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution 3]

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree. There should be no cause for the DAO to interfere with any ENS name holderā€™s fundamental right to name ownership.
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: I agree that the incentive component is important, but I also view it as a method for ENS to become self-sufficient.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree. All proceeds should be used to support ENS
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: I Agree the ENS DAO should strive to integrate with the global namespace on its own initiative.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a core developer for lbtil. I work as a peer-to-peer node operator and contribute to open-source peer-to-peer infrastructure. I manage a blockchain education initiative that helps individuals transition to new financial system, and Iā€™m a 1/2 bitcoin maximalist also understand the need for different solution for different circumstance. I am good at Bringing fresh ideas to the table, challenging assumptions, and making progress when knowledge/resources are limited are some of my skills.

1 Like

ENS name:
matters.eth

We are Matters Lab, and we have been bridging content creators from Web2 to Web3 since 2017. We believe ENS is a crucial and undervalued piece for end-to-end decentralized web apps, and integration with ENS has been an important component of our roadmap, in which we are providing Web3 tools for 8k+ content creators in our community. We hope to contribute to the ENS ecosystem and help make sure that its direction maximizes the public good.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree, although the definition or process of determining public goods should be clarified.

• Product design
  • Web application development
  • Smart contract development

ENS name: tfnow.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Early starter of innovation with all. Start up since February this year with the goal of reaching out to better everyone in many different forms. What better way than to implement cryptocurrency in all aspects of what there is to offer. To artists, creators, music, teaching and so on.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 1.4k

Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)ā€“Agree

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)ā€“Agree

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)ā€“Agree

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)ā€“Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Moderately acquainted with web 3 for awhile now. Especially involving my company. Naturally drawn a interest to most recent tech raspberry pi, coding and such. Looking towards building a larger following for keeping all in the knowing.