ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: efir.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Very few members of the cryptocurrency community show their active position. Most are hunting only for profit and do not express their point of view on the vision of the development of the cryptocurrency world. This centralizes the crypto a lot. Therefore, I want to express my special point of view and convey to others about the initiatives in the ENS ecosystem and I will try to be useful for the ENS for the community and for the positive future of the whole world.

I believe that the world is deeply immersed in thought, in the ego. Technology for technology’s sake. I vote for technology for the sake of harmony in life. And I will defend this position.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a smart contract security auditor. I teach the development of dApps.

1 Like

-ENS name: stichick.eth

-I am a firm believer and supporter of a delegated community. It opens the door for numerous possibilities and keeps new ideas coming with the collaboration of like-minded individuals who are all after the same end goals. Passionately, properly and responsibly governing the ENS network is important to us all and collectively we all have a voice that speaks for the greater good of the community and the project.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution :

-Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree. If you purchase the name, it is rightfully yours.

-Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree. Fees are necessary in helping maintain and expand the project and having a fee system in place helps keep the individuals who plan to be active.

-Income funds ENS and other public goods: I agree with this as it is something that is for the greater good of the project and is necessary to ensure growth and security for the project.

-ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree. This is a massive component that can play a key part in the future of cryptos and for ease of access. It is a fantastic idea that I fully support and cannot wait to see what the future holds!

-My web3 qualifications / skills: Basic knowledge but a fiery passion to learn more and to be involved in crypto and governance projects and communities exactly like this one.

ENS name: cuttlefish.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to advance the adoption of ENS while ensuring that it retains its core principles of decentralization and security.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a developer of security applications and have deployed tools for blockchain analysis.

**ENS name: kevinleslie.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS is a great proposition. I have worked in IT fro over 20+ years and used DNS, so when I found out about ENS this made perfect sense for me and it ties in with Blockchain. This work is necessary to help transform this space to Web 3.0. I believe ENS is part of the future and I want to help shape the good work you are doing

**My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

**My web3 qualifications / skills: Currently working for Blockdaemon as a SRE, I have nearly 30 yr experience in IT and in recent time I been working as a Devops/SRE engineer, I sue the following languages golang, Python, C+ Java, I worked for most of the tier one investment banks, also IT companys such as SUN microsystems, media company BBC, Amazon to name a few so I fell I can bring my experience. my experience speaks for it self and you can find me on Linkedin

ENS name: wangxingyu.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

作为早期互联网技术专家和区块链布道师,我非常赞同互联网思想和去中心化理念,也谙熟相关技术,我认为我应该可以做出明智的选择。

As an early Internet technologist and blockchain evangelist, I strongly agree with the Internet idea and decentralization concept, and I am also well versed in related technologies, so I think I should be able to make a wise choice.

My web3 qualifications / skills:

掌握智能合约和 dApp 开发,对系统架构、软件开发、系统运维、网络安全和开源文化有深入了解。

Mastery of smart contract and dApp development, in-depth understanding of system architecture, software development, system operation and maintenance, cyber security and open source culture.

1 Like

ENS Name: daddio.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I’m a proponent of names and brand ownership. I’m also a proponent of community leadership and governance. I’m excited about what ENS does for web3 and excited about the future. My professional experience leading strategy and scaling Operations makes me a good choice for ensuring the healthy growth of ENS.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Experienced developer and founder; Building a application and infrastructure to simplify web3 for creators and owners. Active mod in several groups.

ENS Name: capitulation.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I’m doing this as a governance experiment. My aim is to be chosen by ANT holders and receive the respective delegation of the ENS tokens that the Aragon Association will receive as a result of it’s adoption of ENS. If elected I will serve as a direct proxy and vote as per the will expressed by ANT holders in a mirrored vote. Ultimately my goal will be to be replaced by a direct vote execution.
In the unlikely event that I perceive the expressed will of ANT holders to go against my personal values I reserve the right to “rage quit” in which case ANT holders shall choose a new delegate from the long list of extremely capable delegates.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Building the Ecosystem at Aragon (come build cool DAO tools at hackforfreedom(dot)org ). I am an active experimenter in web3 (DegenScore 440+, Level 6 Rabbithole scholar, How to DAO alumni, Kernel applicant), sporadic supporter of public goods (clr.fund, Gitcoin grants, Giveth, MoonshotBots, RainbowRolls) and lurker in many great communities (FWB, Bankless, ForeFront, DAO Masters, TEC). Last but not least during the 2018/2019 bear market I created from scratch a $5m (annualized revenue) business for one of the high profile crypto lenders.

ENS name: mentor.eth

• Prevent the problematic aspects of the web2 namespace I experience as a dev
  • I enjoy being part of open source and community projects

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree, comment: not just about speculation but general incentives for what the DAO considers “good” behaviour for the health of the namespace

I’m a co-creator of the Rocketeer NFT project (link) where I wrote the web3 frontends and deployed the Ethereum mainnet contracts.

I’ve also been an active open source contributor to: Rocketpool, Nimbus, Chia, Metamask, ENS, Ethereum Mist wallet. See my Github @actuallymentor for details.

1 Like

ENS name: Beardedginger.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a freedom loving, God fearing American. I will always advocate for the community. I want to contribute to the ENS and Web3 movement. Privacy, security and functionality. America.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications / skills: Web3 is the future. I am an avid crypto researcher and ETH nut. I will never claim to know everything or act like I do. However, I will always put forth 100% and continue to learn and grow daily.

ENS name:
hirenpatel.eth

I believe that every individual should have access & control on their own data (assets, digital currency, digital profile, etc.). As web3 moves towards a decentralized internet and processes, it will help with achieving stated above.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

I don’t have technical coding skills (did some basic coding in school and SQL coding for some part of my current job). Having said that happy to contribute in any way I can - my background is in data analysis, streamlining processes, remove ‘wastes’ in a process, etc. (Lean Six Sigma certified) I’m also interested in translating the complex terms in web3 to simpler definitions that a common man (especially non-technical) can understand.

ENS name: da☯️.eth

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree. Though the distribution of names may not be fully fair (e.g. Squatters do exist), the harm done by infringing on ownership rights would far outweigh the benefits. The ability for ENS users to trust that their ownership of domain names is an absolute right, is invaluable.

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree - I think the primary barrier to ens domain registration is Ethereum transaction costs. Including small fees should be no problem for the majority of domains, and larger fees absolutely make sense for in demand and short domain names, as high net worth individuals can afford these.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree. Of course Income should be used to fund ENS. That just makes sense. Funding public goods is also important, as ENS is an infrastructure project, and generally depends on other public infrastructure to thrive and succeed.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree - Ask for forgiveness, not permission, enable other Top Level Domains and grant ownership to those TLD owners on request. This is excellent for growth, and I don’t see that there is much in the way of legitimate grievances from other DNS holders

I am an experienced Ethereum Developer, having started in 2016, and manage a web3 development community since 2017,called Block Devs United (https://bdu.dev). I have programmed hundreds of dApps, and am experienced with integrating ENS into dApps. I rarely act alone, but with the backing of our community of Blockchain developers, and rely heavily on their skills wherever mine are lacking. I have also participated in a dozen blockchain hackathons or so, and won lots of prizes!

ENS name:
emanuelperez.eth

I’m here to help others onboard to the world of web3 and ENS by walking them through on the use cases that crypto has available for everyone. This is my passion and I’ll do whatever it takes to make understanding the current environment easier for those that are new. My goal is to increase the amount of exposure while decreasing the barriers of entry into web3 for those who are curious, especially in minority communities.

I am great at breaking down complex concepts in web3/crypto lingo into understandable terms to anyone I’m talking to. As an active user in this space that includes NFTs, DeFi and DAOs, and as a former PC technician, I’m able to relay empathy to those who don’t understand and am patient to educating those who are excited about taking their first few steps into crypto.

1 Like

ENS name: delilahjones.eth

• I believe ENS has huge potential to expand the definition of “online” identity, enabling more transparency, interoperability, and ultimately creating a system to unify all of the disparate profiles a user has been required to create to interact with different properties/entities under web2. I want to be actively involved in the development and future of ENS, and in establishing it as a foundational pillar of web3.

My view on each section of the ENS Constitution:

Comment:
    This is key: While there may be instances where a users wants the ability to secure a domain name that is owned by another user (eg; squatting), creating a standard for ENS governance to affect name ownership (for any reason) should be avoided to the fullest extent possible.

Comment:
    We need further clarification on “funds that are not reasonably required” - what do we view as “reasonably required” to ensure the long-term viability of ENS and its continued development/improvement? This is a question that will come up further down the line.

• ENS integrates with global namespace: Agree
    Comment:
    This is generally a good idea, as we want to avoid squatters maliciously holding an established company’s DNS name in the ENS ecosystem - but similarly, guardrails here would be helpful. For example, should a newly-incorporated company with a registered DNS be allowed to request an ENS of the same name be revoked from its original holder/creator?

• I’ve spent the last several months diving into web3 and the applications of blockchain. I have 7+ years of experience in product/marketing in the startup and ad-tech worlds, and believe my experience in the advertising world of web2 gives me unique perspective on how projects like ENS can break the biggest limitations of web2.

ENS Name: Pikachu.eth

This is a big step beyond web2 identity and it should be fair and transparent for all. It is early and important for this to remain for all and not for the money. ENS is the future in digital verification and identity.

Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

Off-chain to on-chain integration in corporate finance

ENS Name : LiamGoodwin.eth

This is a big step beyond web2 identity and it should be fair and transparent for all. It is early and important for this to remain for all and not for the money. ENS is the future in digital verification and identity.

Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

Off-chain to on-chain integration in corporate finance

ENS name: hki.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: HashKey is an ecosystem participate in blockchain industry and hope to boost the momentum of Web 3.

Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - agree
Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - agree
ncome funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: We are a transparent and licensed institutional investor. Full stack technology team at back office is enormous supporting and helps us understand better for Web 3 projects. Our team can leverage this and then to give advices to our portfolios to help to get used to Web 3 world faster and more smooth.

chiefmcconnell.eth , johnmcconnell.eth

I would like to be able to help shape the future of ENS and how the technology and community grow

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree (wholeheartedly)

Been in the Web2 space for many moons. Spent the entire year this year diving deep into web3 and smartcontracts. Built a small army of developers on discord (blockhead devs) and have been pushing the learning and building of blockchain things. Deep in the discords (all of them it seems like) and actively working to help push the boundaries of what the blockchain and web3 will do for our society and our planet.

1 Like

I have voted for you

1 Like

ENS name:
I would like to be a part of this change.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

Lead architect of deepwaters

ENS name: shiva.gundavaram.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I would like to be a part of this change and learn about ENS

My web3 qualifications / skills: None. Willing to learn