ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: MKarpushko.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To help shape the future of web3 by participating in the governance of a cornerstone product in the space.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree - As long as there is a warning period and potentially also an option for refund if the changes affect the operation someone had in place when originally purchasing the domain under the old rules.

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Disagree (with current wording) - What is a “reasonable” level of operation? Should limits be put in place before the protocol grows even further? I do not disagree with the ability to change the fee amount/structure, but I think its worth considering the potential for abuse with the current wording. I think there also needs to be a minimum warning time before such changes are enacted, so that people have plenty of time to prepare (maybe 3 months?).

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Disagree - To me this feels like its open for Cronyism. With a 1 token 1 vote system, whales over time will gain more and more power and sway, but even without the tokens based voting issues there may be people in the DAO with more social sway then others, either of these two groups could manipulate article 3 to their advantage, funding their friends projects. If there is any question about the long term lifespan of the ENS protocol (as suggested in article 2), then maybe allocating grants to things outside of ENS is not a good idea? What happens if ENS treasury funds a non-ENS related protocol but then years later the bear market hits and the protocol is forced to raise fees? Is the funding of non-ENS projects worth risking the long term life of ENS? Instead of grants, what if the ENS DAO was to invest in other public goods in return for tokens which it could add to the treasury, and sell if needed instead of raising fees?

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree *- This is very useful to onboard web2 entities. *

My web3 qualifications / skills: On-Chain analytics, Business Strategy (Focused on how Web2 businesses can use Web3), Marketing, & Research Analysis.

1 Like

ENS name: snxambassador.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As one of the Synthetix Ambassador members of this epoch, it is our duty to represent the Synthetix community in governance decisions made in other protocols. Becoming a delegate will empower us to represent them effectively.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Synthetix Core Contributor (Frontend and Protocol Engineering), Synthetix Ambassador Member

ENS name: steakwallet.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: This application is on behalf of steakwallet.eth, the DAO behind Steakwallet and application and the ecosystem growing around it. Steakwallet is a multi chain wallet but treats Ethereum mainnet as a so called home chain, the application itself is deeply integrated with ENS and we’d like to be part of shaping the future of ENS in the coming decades.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: We’re the DAO behind Steakwallet, a multi chain, self custodial cryptocurrency wallet.

ENS name: posthumans.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: you said WEB3? I thought you said future?

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: WE ARE POSTING! BRING EARTHLING CORRUPTION TO END!!! WORLD PEACE!! WE ARE PEACEFUL!!

1 Like

ENS name: cryptocgi.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) — Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) — Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)— Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)— Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:
I’m the Digital artist. Almost 2 years I’m building exclusive and valuable NFT projects for the community :slight_smile: WEB 3 for sure is the future for artists and collectors.

ENS name: Hautepng.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I represent real artists and designers, who are important to web3 development. I’d like to help those new to web3 or come from different art fields to have a role in its development, as it can be intimidating to many without coding experience.

I run a NFT collection and have foundational knowledge of Web3.

ENS name: Makheswa.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Rather than just a decentralized domain registrar, I have always viewed ENS as the decentralized digital fingerprint that gives everyone an identity in the web3 revolution. Its this kind of ingenuity that sits at the root of a brilliant protocol and has duly drawn my interest in becoming a delegate. I strongly believe the key in advancing the protocol’s vision lies in having a community centric DAO, that places public good above enrichment and self-interest. And for this reason, delegates that are active community members, that experimented with the protocol in it’s early days are the best candidates for the DAO. Alongside the incredible technical web3 engineers that already share this space, the perspective and leadership of financial and business leaders could serve the DAO well. With my experience as a private equity fund founder and tech/web3 investor I believe I will be a valuable addition to the DAO.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agreed.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) This one is a little complex for me. I think revenue fees can exist as both incentive mechanisms for adoption, as well as means for expanding the capital capacity of the DAO for public good.

My web3 qualifications / skills:.

• Managing a private equity fund, with the mandate of funding innovative web3 and technology startups in Africa since 2019
  • Responsible for capital allocation decisions and portfolio restructuring based on risks, opportunity costs and new investment opportunities
  • Managing and growing unallocated capital through an actively managed listed crypto/web3 portfolio
  • Community empowerment and building by developing resources and educational tools on crypto/web3 investing

ENS name: Coltron.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe Ethereum Name Service is a powerful tool that can become a foundational product of Web3. As a result it will help bring a decentralized, user-controlled internet to the world which is a paradigm shift that find inspiring. On a basic level, I enjoy taking on projects that can make a difference.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution.(Proposed ENS Constitution)

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree, although I do believe that the fees should be set at a price level that encourages participation for everyone while still sustaining the future of ENS.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: I agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: I whole-heartedly agree. This is an extremely powerful opportunity that ENS is poised to leverage.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I’ve been working in the public sector for a combined total of nine years that’s spans Federal (:us:) and municipal organizations. I have a track record of upholding tenets of public service, stewardship, and trust. I may be one of the few prospective delegate who has passed a polygraph to hold a job in public service. I also am familiar with non-profits as the director of fledgling 501(c)(3) organization.

I have also used the Web in different iterations since that days of Napster and Geocities. I am familiar with front-end web design, graphic design (AI and After Effects), and I plan on learning Solidity to create my own projects utilizing the ENS.

3 Likes

ENS name: rainyren.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I used to be a media person. I have media resources and am good at communication. I want to make some contributions to ENS

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 1.7k

Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree

Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:I’m a technology enthusiast, but I’m relatively elementary in wed3.

ENS name: paddypie.eth

consider me the village idiot. i’m not a programmer, scientist, mathematician, activist, or wealthy individual. if this community is going to thrive, you’re going to have to educate idiots like me to adopt the technology.
i’ll use my delegation power to vote yes on things that clearly make sense without crypto superpower brain. i’ll leave all that nerdy stuff to the thousands of geniuses posting to this message board.
<3

Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Comment)
define public goods

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

i know how to use web3 wallets. i understand supply and demand. i understand decentralization. i recently went down a solidity rabbithole. love it. can’t write it.
<3

ENS名称:songxj.eth

我想成为一名代表的理由:我认为ENS是一项伟大的倡议。域名在数字货币领域的应用,与区块链一样方便。它就像在互联网上浏览网站一样简单易懂,使货币交易变得更加容易。个人账户更容易记住。毫无疑问,这是最伟大的创举。

姓名所有权是一项绝对权利:(同意/不同意/评论)**同意。
注册费作为奖励机制存在:(同意/不同意/评论)**同意。
收入基金和其他公益物:(同意/不同意/评论)*我完全同意。
ENS与全局名称空间集成:(同意/不同意/评论)我同意,未来ENS应该是全局名称空间的标准。
我的网站3资格/技能:我有基本的网页3/坚实的技能。

ENS name: misanao.eth
I have the motivation to be an ENS Delegator to be make the world peace and hopefull.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Researching web3.

ENS name:ensfly.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:I am a trader in digital currency and have developed various game software. We have opened an exchange together and have a wide range of contacts. The most important thing is that I have always been keen on this industry。

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:I love learning and Web3. I love digital currency. Have enough time to participate and enough funds. :grinning: :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

ENS name: interplanetarycompany.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To build a future with consensus

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications/skills: Python, Unix/Linux Shell, JavaScript/TypeScript, C#, Rust, Solidity, Git, HTCondor, R, React.js, XML etc

1 Like

ENS name:
mariroom.eth

I believe that ENS will replace business cards in the future, and I would like to create a place to prove myself in the web 3.0 space comfortably.

Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) – Agree
Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) – Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) – Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) – Agree

I learn web 3.0 by myself and writing about Web 3.0 related article for Forbes Japan, etc Japanese media. Besides, I am a founding member of MeebitsDAO, I learn & experience Web 3.0 DAO there.

ENS name:
heartcatch.eth

I just saw Mr. Inoue’s YouTube.
I think ENS is an important factor in developing web3.
So I want to cooperate.

Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) – Agree
Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) – Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) – Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) – Agree

I attend nft.nyc and various world events and am constantly learning.
I am also a founding member of meebits DAO.

ENS name: olivertwisty.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe in a more equatable future that prioritizes sovereignty, market access, and freedom of expression in arts and technology. I think ENS is an integral foundation for these futures.

Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications / skills: More front end, design, dev, large scale production management skills

ENS name: crogers26.eth

I love the ENS network abs everything they stand for and are trying to accomplish. Being a victim of fraudulent trade and losing money gave me the passion to get involved. I would be a great leader and would look out for the people.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills: I’m learning and have the basic skills needed to be involved as well as a technical minded individual that understands and learns quickly. Being involved with several enterprise companies in the USA for the past 20 years.

ENS name:jlk544.ETH
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:I am a loyal follower of ordinary ENS. I think it’s a great and equal project for ordinary fans to join the team. If I join the representative, it’s a very amazing, exciting and surprising thing. Ordinary people like me will be proud
My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 1.8k
Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)agree
Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)agree
My web3 qualifications / skills:I know the basic operation of wab3

ENS name: kourosh.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To take on some responsibility of shaping ENS’s future.To continue to be an advocate for web3 and a decentralized internet. To be an ENS voice for the Persian web3 community.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I talk about #paidmedia, #paidsearch, #paidsocial, #facebookads, and #integratedmarketing. I work with cross functional teams and external agencies to activate marketing campaigns through digital media channels. Often these are impactful return-on-ad-spend campaigns driving purchases of B2C products or lead gen campaigns driving leads for B2B products; other times they are simple (e.g. awareness campaigns) but drive major impact. I state clear objectives and navigate the many options to build the best campaigns possible while meeting timeline and budget requirements.