ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: cemgundogan.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

I want to become an ENS delegate with a particular focus on sustainability because I believe that minimising the environmental and energy impacts of the ENS system should be one of this communityā€™s objectives. I think I can add value in this particular context. I am a climate change and sustainability analytics expert with 14 years of professional experience. I work at an International Organisation and currently building skills in machine learning and blockchain technology deployment within my areas of expertise. I think I can be a knowledgeable delegate when it comes to relevant proposals.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:

I have a solid theoric background in blockchain technology, I have some practical experience in environmental and energy impacts of emerging technologies, I am an intermediate level python, R and Julia programmer, I am quite good at data viz, I do have 14 years of professional experience in climate change, energy and sustainability domain.

2 Likes

ENS name: sujiyan.Eth

Been using ens since nearly day1 and as founder of $Mask Mask Network, really support a truly decentralized domain.
Glad ens is now one step further into decentralization and hope can contribute my knowledge and experience.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Partially. Also itā€™s a tax system imo. Tax the richer in crypto community

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree. I also hope ENS can go L2/side chain so the fee can be much more lower for mass adoption

Been around with Eth ecosystem for years and with day job as founder of Mask Network ($mask , mask.io ).
Also helping dao and governance like Gitcoin (as one of their delegate/ steward)
Iā€™ve involved with many activism and journalism (search Suji yan Bloomberg for my activist story etc) and spent lots of time promoting and explaining Web3 to mainstream. Been developer for years but now switch more to helping other developers. Many feeling is ens could be very mainstream and beyond small public good. Hope can help with my experience.

2 Likes

ENS name: johnleung8888.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am really interested in blockchain application and wanna learn everything about it.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Basic knowledge of Solidity, Rust. Willing to learn more !

ENS name: mevdata.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS to and make it a common standard for every platform.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Have been involved with web 3 for years. I have good knowledge of solidity. Most importantly I have a great team and great partners.

ENS name: arigold.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think I have the motivation to be an ENS Delegator, also Iā€™m really into Ethereum / WEB3 technology in general and I think Ican be a delegate and represent the Albanian Speaking Community.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3/solidity skills.

ENS name:lbwnb.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe I can represent the people and listen to what they want. Whether is be companies or whales to artists, creators, or investors.

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)-Agree.
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)-Agree.
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)-I totally Agree.
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)-I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills:Avid cryptocurrency researcher and long time ethereum node operator. I strive to fully research any project to its core and understand as much about it as possible. This, in my opinion, makes me a good choice to become a delagate.

ENS name: Shinobi.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think ens is a very cool concept and it will really be the feature that will easy on boarding of new crypto nerds and I want to be part of that.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)disagree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: solidity, we 3 currently working on my ntf project

1 Like

ENS name: byrley.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS is a pioneer in the web3 domain. I want to be a part of bringing the power of the blockchain to everyone.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: While I have an engineering background, Iā€™m no expert in computer programming. My experience is in diplomacy, foreign relations, and relationship building.

ENS name: ensrus.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: My eyes light up every time I even think about Blockchain, Ethereum, and of course, ENS. I discovered ENS last April 2021 - and from that moment I instantly recognized the crucially important implications, and gravity of such a system to the blockchain ecosystem. The more I studied ENS, the more value and beauty that I would continue to find. Ethereum is the root of functional blockchain, and ENS is of that same root and vein. I would like to be a delegate because I genuinely care about the ENS ecosystem and would love to ensure that it exemplifies cautiously-strategic growth, while focussing on ethical-driven longevity. Also, Just like Ethereum, I AM [proudly] Canadian.

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree

There should not be any pre-defined roads to reach the predetermined goal, only ethical-logic to help guide us to the most reasonable courses of action to for the best possible results in each circumstance.

ā€œRoads? Where weā€™re going, we donā€™t need roads.ā€

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

We occupy an innovative, ever-dynamic space, as is the world as whole, ever-dynamic. ENS governance should be permitted to enact reasonable fee changes that ensure system integrity in regard to functionality and economical continuity, as long as it is clear to the user-bace of the intention of the changes, so they are not perceived as cash grabs or for purposes that do not coincide with ENS organizational / strategic goals.

Perception is reality, and transparency is ā€œthe first rule of blockchain Clubā€

Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree

Governance must ensure that proper diligence is exercised in the funding of public goods to ensure that not just the short-term, but the long-term goals of the public good to be funded are alligned with the ENS system, and ethical standards in-which it subscribes.

Weā€™ll leave the Frankensteins to Mary Shelly

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

ENS should integrate only at ā€œthe edgeā€ of the web2 | web3 space. While integration with centralized systems are increasingly necessary to act as a bridge in the onboarding and subsequent melting pot from web2 to web3, ENS must be cautious to only integrate with existing centralized systems, and not to create on its own, any technology that is considered to be centralized as each time we create a centralized component of the blockchain ecosystem, we are actually taking 2 steps back instead on one step forward.

ā€œAfter all, I got a car and he got a computer.ā€ - If you donā€™t recognize this line, you may not understand the level of passion instilled in technology enthusiasts such as myself. My first experience with a calculator as a child lead to revelations that there were machines that were capable of becoming an extension of our body / brain. I could enter giant numbers into this machine and it would instantaneously calculate these giant numbers - this mini computer made me into a superhuman and I instantly appreciated its simple brilliance. My first computer was called a PET, though though my passion began with an Apple II, eventually graduating to the MAC SE (a computer with a hard-drive!,) and eventually a Packard Bell 8088 with an amber colored monitor and a 2400 Baud modem. I was completely fascinated and enamored with being able to communicate with others through Compuserve and Prodigy chats & games. In the 90ā€™s, a friendā€™s brother who was enrolled in the University of Toronto Dental program, demoed for us a dial-in system that was completely text-based and was basically an indexible source of boundless information - this became the Internet - and I never looked back since.

For at least 10 years prior to the introduction of web3, I had a gut feeling that I would share with anyone who would listen.

The gut feeling was as follows:

I felt there had to be some way to interface with another dimension, where we could creatively, ethically and logically create opportunities for ourselves that were not possible in this, the 3rd dimension, and then somehow monetize our actions and enjoy the spoils in the 3rd dimension. When I first caught a glimpse of the Ethereum.org homepage for the first time, my heart dropped instantly, and there was a connection that I canā€™t explain - I knew immediately this was the place I saw in my dreams, the new world to interface with, where almost any logical-thing is possible. I welcomed myself home and made myself at home by familiarizing myself with every possible aspect of web3, and continue to learn about it in every waking hour. I have the skills, experience, and knowledge to be a tremendous to ENS and the community as a whole.

Respectfully submitted.

1 Like

ENS name: kemin.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I strongly believe that ENS is the new standard of Global Namespace in the future. ENS is really great project that I always follow, support and would like to make all people know about.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 600

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment): Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment): Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment): Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment): Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have a technical background, a developer (both back-end and front-end), a system integrator and a project manager and really enthusiastic with Web3, Solidity. Besides, I am open-minded and really want to learn lot of new things and share to everyone, so I believe that I will become a qualified DAO participant.

ENS name: fengyun.eth

The reason why I want to be a representative: I have entered the blockchain industry since 2015, and my youth has been dedicated to the blockchain. I want to know all about the new development of blockchain.

My views on each part of the proposed ENS charter

Name ownership is absolute right: agree
The registration fee exists as an incentive mechanism: agree
Income Fund ENS and other public goods: agreed
ENS and global namespace integration: agreed

My web3 qualifications/skills: I am a blockchain practitioner and have my own self-media channel. I can promote web3 in terms of publicity.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am very passionate with the crypto space and itā€™s growth, especially with this evolvement from decentralized finance from web 2.0 to 3.0. I strongly beleive that ENS has a crucial role in this governance and transition.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 599

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree )
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree )
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree )
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree )

Iā€™m a Web3 and solidity development developer enthusiast and also a seasoned project management professional.

ENS name: offcamber.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe that ENS will be a critical part of onboarding mainstream users to web3, both in terms of a familiarity bridge and making the UX better overall by linking a userā€™s ā€œwalletā€ to the userā€™s chosen plain language ā€œidentityā€. I see serving as a delegate as an opportunity to give back and to learn and to grow with the experience.
My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 594
ā€¢ Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
ā€¢ Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree, but I do think there needs to be discussion about mitigating the increasing costs, which are a significant barrier to entry for some users.
ā€¢ Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree. This is paramount to the longevity of any decentralized ecosystem.
ā€¢ ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.
My web3 qualifications / skills: My technical (i.e. coding) skills are limited, but I have done self-study of Solidity to have some understanding of the language. I am not a ā€œdigital nativeā€, and thatā€™s a good thing in this context because I know what itā€™s like to struggle to learn about and operate in this space. Making that transition easier for others like me is a personal mission. I see it when I try to onboard people into the ecosystem. As far as skills, Iā€™ve been a practicing attorney for 17 years, am working on building a crypto/web3 section at my firm, have helped many companies grow, and my most rewarding legal work is as an advocate of voting rights for traditionally underrepresented persons.

ENS name: junkpunkie.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a web3/Solidity developer and multiple ENS domain holder. I would love to help build out the ecosystem. I believe ENS is uniquely suited to helping Ethereum attain mass adoption on the internet

My web3 qualifications / skills: Full time web developer / launched two separate fully onchain NFTs - experience participating in other DAOs

ENS name: Amicus.eth

Of all the web3 technologies, the NFT and the domain names are the most important steppingstones for mass adoption and demand for data self sovereignty and decentralized use cases.

I passionately believe in the ENS potential, message and mission and I would like to see decentralization succeed.

I have governance experience IRL in the not for profit, co-op, and profit sectors as well as DAO governance, and I am a legal thought leader on the position of DAOs and tokens. I quit trad-punk life last year and I have the time to contribute. I work full time in DAOs and crypto.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 597

Name ownership is an absolute right: I agree.

User ownership of digital rights and digital assets is core to the success of web3 ā€“ this is the paradigm shift from web2.

Our current domain names can be seized or denied arbitrarily. I know this, I have experience on the governance team at a national domain name authority where they have denied and/or killed domains.

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: I agree

Fees make the ENS experience better. Human behaviour is simple, if something is free it is not handled with care, open to carelessness and abuses like spam and invites costless vectors for malicious attacks. When there is a cost to access or to ownership, human behaviour is incentivised.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: I agree

ENS should develop a strategy or strategic plan, and approve high level guidance on investments, and rely on that as the sounding board to grant internal and external funding.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: I agree

The path to mass adoption will be accelerated by partnerships and making the onramp easier. The is time sensitive. The Web2 institutions will continue to deny and de platform web3, for example from app stores, until they think they can seize web3 for themselves.

Governance ā€“ Bankless DAO ombudsman, Founding member of Bankless DAO legal Guild, committee at Shapeshift DAO, IRL chair of not for profit board, governance committee at financial entity, prior career in leadership

Strategic planning/ definitions of requirements ā€“ experience as strategic planning consultant

Lawyer ā€“ privacy, DAO, tokenization, blockchain, regulatory, cross border tax, some IP.

ENS Name: aldrinantony.eth

I always wanted to be a part of DAOā€™s delegate but till now due to amount of tokens that can represent a significant change in a DAO was not be able to achieved by me. Today ENS DAO gives me an HOPE of being an immense part of a Web3 Infrastructure where I can can make some significant changes.

My view on each section of the

Name ownership is an absolute right: AGREE
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: AGREE
Income funds ENS and other public goods: AGREE
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: AGREE

My web3 qualifications / skills: Learning Solidity and RUST. Exploring On-Chain Analysis

ENS name: coday.eth

Iā€™ve been participating in DAOs and web3 communities for years but have never officially become a delegate. I believe ENS is a core pillar of the Ethereum and Web3 ecosystem and I am extremely excited to take a more active role in governing how this base layer infrastructure can be expanded. Identity is a key component in the future we are building and ENS will play a very important role.

I have been working for Gitcoin for almost 3 years now, and in my view, ENS is a public good we all need to support and collaborate with.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree - enforcing property rights (physical and digital) is critical to building a functional society, only now we can do so with code, not violence.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree - similar to gas costs on Ethereum, fees prevent the tragedy of the commons.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree - ENS is a clear public good and needs a treasury to support ongoing development. Additionally, other public goods in the Web3 space need to support each other and collaborate.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree - build more bridges to convert Web2 into Web3 (but without retracting the value and power of native ENS domains.

• Bitcoin investor, researcher, miner since 2013
  • Economics and Computer Science double major
  • Early experimenter with Solidity and Eth Dapps before mainnet went live
  • Began mining Ethereum on launch day, 2015
  • 6 years (2015 - 2021) working at ConsenSys on various early-stage Ethereum projects
  • 3 years (2018 - present) working at Gitcoin to grow Web3 & open source, support public goods

ENS name: askmek.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As a software engineer I appreciate web3 ideas and want to participate.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Iā€™m a developer (18 years of experience) behind A2DAO, unisignals.app (web3, ethereum, node.js, typescript, hardhat, ethers, aws, etc)

ENS name: mahaverse.eth

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution.

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

I have been exploring blockchain and web3 since 2017. I am recently engaged myself in development activities surrounding NFT / smart contracts. Stamped with Mech engineering degree and reasonable amount of experience in supply chain / operations I believe blockchain can solve a plethora of challenges and I hence want to be a key player in integration of blockchain in operations / supply chain in future.

ENS name: aesth.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS has been moving cautiously in the past few years for many good reasons. With the launch of $ENS, I expect to see rapid growth of ENS, but the speed also inherently comes with the risk. By becoming a delegate, I want to contribute my vision to ENS to make sure that the decisions are made wisely and ENS is accepted widely. If things are done correctly, ENS has the potential of being recognized as a global namespace and thus brings the awareness of decentralized system to the public to the next level.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree).
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree). A reasonable registration fee ensures that the namespace is in good use. Otherwise, there will be too many tombstone domains with great names. The lack of registration fee could make the ENS namespace less valuable (both monetarily and practically). However, the definition of ā€œpremium domainsā€ is still debatable. Currently, domains less than 5 chars are more expensive. I donā€™t have a formalized opinion on it, and it definitely requires more thinking and debate.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree).
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree) but with a catch. To influence more people, ENS needs to be come a global namespace. However, this needs to be done very carefully to maintain a good social coordiantion as mentioned in this previous post. Therefore, I think ENS should stick with the .eth TLD for now, and allow it to the global namespace, and donā€™t grant other global namespace integration unless .eth is proven to be successful. If ENS is going to work on other TLDs, the quantity of TLDs should be very limited (again, to be a good citizen).

• Solidity
  • High level knowledge of other block chains such as SOL, DOT, etc
  • Senior software engineer at a well-known tech company (working on authentication / security / privacy / cryptography related features)
  • Java, C++, JS, GO
  • HTTP, Web APIs
  • Iā€™m currently owning and maintaining multiple .com, .io and a few other miscellaneous domains.