ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: mahaverse.eth

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution.

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

I have been exploring blockchain and web3 since 2017. I am recently engaged myself in development activities surrounding NFT / smart contracts. Stamped with Mech engineering degree and reasonable amount of experience in supply chain / operations I believe blockchain can solve a plethora of challenges and I hence want to be a key player in integration of blockchain in operations / supply chain in future.

ENS name: aesth.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS has been moving cautiously in the past few years for many good reasons. With the launch of $ENS, I expect to see rapid growth of ENS, but the speed also inherently comes with the risk. By becoming a delegate, I want to contribute my vision to ENS to make sure that the decisions are made wisely and ENS is accepted widely. If things are done correctly, ENS has the potential of being recognized as a global namespace and thus brings the awareness of decentralized system to the public to the next level.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree).
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree). A reasonable registration fee ensures that the namespace is in good use. Otherwise, there will be too many tombstone domains with great names. The lack of registration fee could make the ENS namespace less valuable (both monetarily and practically). However, the definition of ā€œpremium domainsā€ is still debatable. Currently, domains less than 5 chars are more expensive. I donā€™t have a formalized opinion on it, and it definitely requires more thinking and debate.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree).
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree) but with a catch. To influence more people, ENS needs to be come a global namespace. However, this needs to be done very carefully to maintain a good social coordiantion as mentioned in this previous post. Therefore, I think ENS should stick with the .eth TLD for now, and allow it to the global namespace, and donā€™t grant other global namespace integration unless .eth is proven to be successful. If ENS is going to work on other TLDs, the quantity of TLDs should be very limited (again, to be a good citizen).

My web3 qualifications / skills:

• Solidity
  • High level knowledge of other block chains such as SOL, DOT, etc
  • Senior software engineer at a well-known tech company (working on authentication / security / privacy / cryptography related features)
  • Java, C++, JS, GO
  • HTTP, Web APIs
  • Iā€™m currently owning and maintaining multiple .com, .io and a few other miscellaneous domains.

ENS name: ridgy.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: - Iā€™m here to help. I want to give my labour to a DAO worth supporting - ENS is a quality product that requires quality delegates. I bring proven, trusted and experienced leadership, a technically sound background, and a positive attitude and work ethic. ā€˜Put on the team coach - Iā€™m ready to do my part!ā€™

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Avid cryptocurrency researcher and ethereum maxi. I know how to learn any required skills and empower those around me.

1 Like

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS is a really important part of Ethereum infrastructure and long-term future. I want to help bring ENS ecosystem to the next level of adoption and get more and more people realize and embrace ENS cross-platform names concept. I believe in the collective intelligence and decentralization. Iā€™m keen to support and nurture the ENS community, interact and collaborate on governance related matters or take part in building clear and sustainable path for ENS ecosystem moving forward.

I live and breathe the web3 space. I have a solid experience in marketing, product development and community management and Iā€™m very knowledgeable of the web3 ecosystem. I work at AKASHA Foundation, where Iā€™m fully focused on building an unstoppable Ethereum social movement and web3 social systems for decentralization, governance and freedom. Outside of AKASHA, Iā€™m on the lookout for innovative technological solutions that unlock the social <-> value dimension of the web3 ecosystem. One can find me exploring crypto projects, testing new dapps, participanting in several communities or getting my friends into the crypto space.

1 Like

ENS name: spikewatanabe.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

Hey ENS Fam! :wave: Many of you know me as volunteer who helped you to setup your .eth name or clarified tricky points covering various aspects of ENS protocol. Those who donā€™t know me Iā€™m Spike and I spent a lot of time on discord helping people to find their way around.

I acquired my first .eth name many years ago via what was then called ā€œvickery auctionā€ and followed the project ever since.

I would be a great Delegate because I really know how to feel the heartbeat of the community. Constantly talking to people on a daily basis would allow me to see where ENS protocol should be steered. On top of that I managed to build effective rapport with core ENS team which would help to facilitate effective discussion.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 582

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

STRONGLY AGREE

That is the whole point of ENS, code is the law and name ownership must be absolute

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree

DAO delegates should have strictly neutral stance towards regulation of ENS with various fees and incentives. Lobbying any particular group of agents will introduce significant bias into the system and will very likely break the protocol in the long term. Moreover it is important to keep policy consistent throughout years, introducing sudden changes to incentive mechanism would break protocolā€™s perception as stable public good ā€“ any modifications should be predictable and easily interpreted by the community.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Absolutely

Managing public good is very tricky, because goals of such enterprise differ considerably from for profit company, but certain agenda remains intact such as maximizing coverage and utility and eventually achieving global reach. Managing funds of public good type enterprise must be approached with what in economics is called ā€œefficient social plannerā€ mindset. In other words, such decision maker would strive to achieve best result for all agents in the system.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Somewhat agree.

This vector of development is tricky. There is considerable upside to implementing integrations with classic DNS system. For every new product on the market it is important to build bridges between protocols, DNS integration ensures wider adoption of ENS.

On the other hand whole DNS system was designed around value extraction mechanisms, as such those entities profiting from DNS might oppose disruption of stable revenue generation model. Any external influence, such as ENS can be seen as threat. In similar fashion as blockchain disrupting traditional banking industry.

My background is tightly linked with Economics. I used to cover financial markets and build sophisticated financial models. Of all the people I know very well how global financial architecture is engineered and how it is contributing to rising inequality and restricting human freedoms. So, when I came across concept of decentralisation in 2016 I immediately fell into the rabbit hole.

Throughout recent years I analyzed number of protocols by looking at whitepaper, checking feasibility of case and relevance of problem solved. My interests include study of L1 protocolsā€™ consensuses, examination of tokenomics including assessment of voting and governance mechanisms. On a higher level I like to examine market trends and explore hot areas of industry such as cross chain dexes and algorithmic stable coins.

Web3 paradigm is already here and I am super excited to be part of it.

I will be forceful and effective administrator.

Vote for me!
:v:

3 Likes

ENS name: galatasaray.eth

ENS name: alaaddin.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Since ı am very helpful fo everyone around me who ask something, ı want to help more people in this space . Ens service is really wonderful idea and i think being a part of this journey would be magnificent. If i had a vote, i would use it for communityā€™s future. having an opurtunity to interact with some geeks will be really good. ENS will be a game changer.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Totally Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Totally Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Solidity, C++

fwiw.eth

helping create world peace

Love it + agree
(Proposed ENS Constitution)**

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

Most common programming languages C, Python, js + solidity

ENS name: okonni.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Coming from web2 where we handled many domains. To help support the ENS community and drive adoption forward while being a good steward. I am an early ENS user and realized how important it would be to web3. DAOs are awesome!

My web3 skills: Avid cryptocurrency researcher and long-term ethereum operator. Been in the space for almost a decade now.

ENS name: dospore.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I love the fact so many online identities are being created with the help of ENS. I would love to see ENS develop a global ethereum identity that I know it has the capability to do so. I also have been looking to participate more deeply in governance participation and would like a connect my own DAO some day.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree had to re-read this one though, but totally agree.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am and have been a full stack Web3 developer for some time. My biggest project Iā€™ve been involved with to date is TracerDAO, but Iā€™ve had many failed projects since then. I mainly focus on application interfaces and third party integrations, and through this I get a small amount of exposure to solidity.

ENS name: ryandmiller.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Web3 is clearly the future of the internet. We here all know that, but the vast majority of internet users (aka most of the world) do not, and still many others are purposefully ignorant because of the threat to their centralized systems and processes. Those in this latter category would like to keep it that way because of the power it gives them to extract economic rents in all sorts of ways from the masses. Therefore, any tool that reduces friction around access and improves the user experience and adoption is something I strongly support. ENS does exactly this, and in the long term can be a way for individuals to have a digital identity that they can control and access all the benefits decentralization has to offer. And the sooner the better!

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 635

-Agree
    -Agree, but because I see decentralized identity as so critical to Web3, I feel the DAO needs to find mechanisms to reduce price barriers to entry in order to increase accessibility, thereby maximizing adoption. While L2 reduction of gas fees will help, it still may not open up access to everyone. Maybe users can contribute non-monetarily to the project, or maybe stake for a set period of time rather than outright purchase their name? While this might come at a cost of revenue, the increase of adoption could open up new value streams for the DAO that more than compensate.
    -Agree.
    -Agree, and necessary to allow for adoption, although guardrails have to be put in place to prevent DNS from sitting on names without actually procuring them.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Chainlink Hackathon participant (democratizing access to limited release goods through decentralized lotteries). Working on a project to craft a California ballot proposal using Quadratic Voting to build consensus amongst diverse stakeholders to include the general public (could use something line ENS for Sybil resistance!). Solid understanding of smart contracts and decentralized protocols. Cannot develop myself but can read and understand code. Entrepreneur and business generalist beyond Web3.

ENS name: farra.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a proactive, problem-solver and digital asset lover. Currently i think i can assist with my financial market expertise and i speak Portuguese and english.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) ā€œRightā€ seems to agressiveā€¦ everyone should be able to have/buy a name if one wishes.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Capital should be allocated to the place where it is the most efficient. Core social problems are one of the most efficient ways to allocate capital in my view.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment). agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: On-chain Analyst Expert, Solidity Programming (Beginner)

ENS name: jamieanderson.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think to help this amazing space grow is to get involved and what better way than voting for what you believe in.

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree)
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills: Somewhat competent in web3. Use Solidity and getting better each day.

Blockchainkeys.eth

I think the best way to support pushing ENS forward is to be at ground level as a delegate. I also believe web3 success and acceptance is dependent on some regulation and delegation from passionate supporters like myself who understand the philosophy and goal of ENS outside of quick profits and domain sharks.

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree ā€” because self branding and name ownership are essential to the growth of web3 and ENS protocols and acceptance.

Agreeā€” fees are essential to help promote and incentivize the growth that will be necessary for solidifying future protocols and open public access and acceptance

Agreeā€” Somewhat agree that this will need to be adjusted and further grown as wide acceptance increases for ENS. While I do not believe that profit should be the end goal, it is a high functioning driver for the momentum that will propel ENS / web3 into the forefront.

Agreeā€” the world is shifting into a new space and function with regard to digital property. I think that it is critical that the wide acceptance of .eth hinges on ENS being respected as a valid player in the global rights to own a name and its rights. A lot was learned during the ecomm name buy up of the 2000ā€™s, those lessons and regulations are important as we move forward.

Web3 qualifications & skills:

Extensive web development knowledge, many years programming, PM overseeing local municipal security projects, working knowledge of web3 and blockchain. Currently working on interactive 3D models for live ecommerce experiences. DAO enthusiast

ENS name: curion.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Oneā€™s online identity will be increasingly important from now on, and I want to actively assist in this tool of identity being a powerful and equitable tool. No blockchain identity is as widely usable and recognized as that on Ethereum in my opinion, so Iā€™d like to participate in the development of its identity system.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree, if one can afford it. While being considered a public utility, I view the ENS as an entity that provides a service, but one that is thankfully less profit-focused because of the public good that can be done through a widely-accessible name system. In line with this mission, to stay viable and provide optimal utility, costs may have to change, and any increase in cost will likely be transparent and justifiable toward the mission of the ENS.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree. A modest registration fee acts to decrease spam registrations and provide the ENS DAO with enough funding to maintain and improve the entity it governs. Based on the quality and activity of the names in the namespace, I support adjusting pricing to prioritize quality and minimize speculative purchasing. I also support adjusting pricing to make sure the ENS remains reliable and usable.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree. Income may be distributed on a scale ranging from being most directly related to current ENS development to more far-reaching or less-directly-related projects based on how much income is coming in.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree. I think the example from the proposed Constitution sums up my thoughts perfectly: ā€œENS governance should grant control of a top-level domain to its owner in the DNS system on request.ā€

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have beginner experience with web3 app and ERC20/ERC721 token development using python, javascript, and solidity, attained from duplicating and modifying tutorial-based projects. I have 7+ years of experience coding in general that I am beginning to apply to web3.

ENS name: dan.laabs.eth

• I believe that ENS is the future of the internet and needs to be managed by highly educated and dedicated members to govern the long-term success of the protocol.
  • Decentralized governance is the key here so that the ENS treasury, its future funds, and control of the .ETH registrar contract remain fully operational during even the worst tumultuous times.
  • I will be dedicated to the growth and longevity of the protocol and itā€™s users.
  • The future projects possible with this DNS-like system are absolutely mind blowing!
  • Help create world peace and global organization.
  • Enforce the ENS constitution.
  • Promote web3 identity services and decentralized websites on IPFS and legacy DNS

• The decentralized nature of the protocol is to protect each owners explicit right to own all name and associated meta data.
    • Promote exclusive ownership and reduce TLD parking.
    • Income is to remain as we support the development of new features, security audits, partnerships and marketing efforts.
    • Interoperability is important as ENS is the upcoming evolution of the global namespace.

• Lead full-stack developer on a major eCommerce website with over 10+ years professional experience.
  • Dedicated to the future of the internet supporting ENS and Ethereum!

ENS name: codingsh.eth

Iā€™m a blockchain builder in love with this universe, I have a few hundred projects to build and Iā€™m building some at the moment. And they all have in common ENS domains This is a big step towards building a new world. I would love to be a voting delegate on the agenda for building a better ecosystem for users and developers.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree / Disagree / Comment) - Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My qualities are that Iā€™m a serial founder, blockchain developer with skills from governance to design, itā€™s part of my background in fashion design, programming and laws from physics to legal process laws. I believe that by adding all this knowledge I can be a good delegate and continue to serve our blockchain network.

ENS name: experient.eth

Experient Group believes Web3 is the future and ENS is a large part of that ecosystem. Helping guide the ENS ecosystem is a straightforward way for us to help advance Web3 technologies.

• Deciding what is and is not reasonably required should be put to a vote by ENS governance when allocating additional funds.
    • It should ideally be an automated process that no party can intervene in against a proven TLD owners.

Experient Group is an Atlanta-based business + IT consultancy that offers flexible and innovative solutions tailored to our clientsā€™ business environment, culture, and budget. We have years of experience in traditional web and mobile development and have begun expanding our Web3 capabilities.

1 Like

ENS name: eigengrau.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Passionate about blockchain technology and the Ethereum protocol. Looking forward to get involved, contribute and help the ENS community.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 582

My web3 qualifications / skills: Hobbyist technologist, outsider and new to web3, with a solid background on startups and markets.

ENS name: radneonbrains.eth

I would like to be involved to help the blockchain community improve and grow. I already consider myself a delegate for blockchain, web 3.0, and crypto, always trying to get others interested and involved in the potential blockchain has to offer for the world.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:Agree

I have basic coding skills mostly with python and new but learning fast with web 3.0.