ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: 1ncrypto.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to be a part of the famous community

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: middle

ENS name: hiken.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to help support the future of ENS and web3 standards. Iā€™ve been following ENS early on and see the importance of it.

• Name ownership is an absolute right:* Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:* Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods:* Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace:* Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Iā€™ve been working as a software eng for 12+ years, mostly web2 and mobile. Iā€™ve been tinkering with web3 as a hobby ever since learning about Ethereum.

**ENS name: otpyrcevolution

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To help further the adoption of the ENS project. ENS will be the new direction for all to use, just like the .com era this is the .ETH error we are early and we see the vision!!!

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree : This is the absolute right of the individual that registered the name first!!! First come First Serve.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree : Registration fees help keep the protocol incentivized and secure, this needs to stay in place.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree: The income does need to fund the ENS and other projects so that we can continue to evolve and grow the ENS DAO project.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree: Having ENS integrate with the global namespace will surely help with the adoption of ENS world wide.

**My web3 qualifications / skills: Been in IT since starting the military in 1999. Communications and been in simulations for the past 12 years, I love crypto and I love projects that are unique in solving problems and that help to evolve and move us forward with technology. I am just a passionate individual that would love to help govern this ENS DAO.

ENS name: onelov.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I fully support all of the concurrent developments that gear toward improving our future usage of the web, assets, trades, etc. I want to continue putting my efforts into staying on top of new implementations and provide support/services that will yield accessibility and satisfaction.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree. Discrimination doesnā€™t exist here.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree. If it works.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree. As long as itā€™s fair.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree . And make it better.

My web3 qualifications / skills: solidity, hardhat, and other langs. Dev in NFT platforms

ENS name: Flareon.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: DAOā€™s will help keep transparency the ultimate source of truth, and will help prevent corruption for the reconstruction of the internet, and the largest transfer of wealth and power in human history.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree, however the concept of country borders always perplexed me. What is different from the dirt in my backyard from the dirt in South America? Was the purpose of this planet to be divided by imaginary lines for purpose of freedom, enslavement or greed? I believe the way that our economy and ecosystems are structured has veered from what is right, best and just to greed. This is an opportunity to get that back, and I am here for it. As for name ownership being an absolute right, there should be a reward/incentive for those genuinely interested and passionate about this from the beginning, not rewarding others strictly because of the size of their pockets.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree, however depending on oneā€™s current resources it can be seen as pay to play. Example, this process, while it might be righteous and just, can exclude those in areas of the world that do not have computers, internet, clothing or even running water. It is up to us to not ā€˜selloutā€™ to actors with poor intentions, and we do whatā€™s right because itā€™s right. While I am all for providing revenue for the DAO for ongoing development and improvement, others may not be and itā€™s okay to have differing opinions.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree. At this moment in time, I believe what is happening is more or less a shift of assets that exist in the overall physical economy to this digital economy. The capital already exists, however rather than spending it on clothing, cars, campaign advertisements, etc, we are building a better, more transparent future. At least, that is the intention/my interpretation of this question. We need to power the vehicle and those that responsibly operate it before it can begin to safely take us to our destination. If we want to make it far, weā€™ll need a fine tuned vehicle and should anticipated to make repairs along the way.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree. It is one of many ways that one can be identified/differentiated via the internet. We must maintain decentralization at all costs.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have very little exposure to Solidity and smart contracts, however my professional career is Cloud technology, specifically in Cloud Architecture. I want to be able to manage and deploy blockchain technologies using the Cloud if possible. I also want to learn how to program fluently as a software engineer, with interest in full stack development using Python as a backend.

As I learn and grow as an individual for the sake of others, these responses may change, and I am answering to the best of my knowledge at this moment in time. Iā€™m not trying to be right, Iā€™m trying to learn and understand truth. Thank you.

ENS name : pinbo.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I very much agree with the concept of ENS and the value it brings to users. From a small point of view, it makes the addresses of encrypted currencies easier to remember and transfers more convenient. At the same time, it also laid a solid foundation for cryptocurrency to go mainstream.

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree - Permissionless activity and interoperability should be encouraged. Web 3 is driven on the rights and actions of ownership, and I believe ENS domains have created a brand around allowing this to happen.

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree - From a branding perspective, ENS allows users to utilise their own name and / or username to enable growth in the industry. I also believe that an initial cost could ultimately result in incentivising users to NFT their name, which cause a knock-on effect and profiteering. ENS can therefore earn royalties from this.
Whilst ENS could potentially survive on the brand it creates alone, this allows greater top level margins to focus on internal projects. I have mixed views on the pricing structure for smaller words and this could be revisited.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree - I feel this links in the previous point well. Treasury funds which can be distributed and controlled by the ENS and DAO will result in greater buy in and development.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree - This is my strongest viewpoint. Itā€™s already clear to see how well ENS has branded itself in the community, through web 2 social handle changes to discord usernames.

My web3 qualifications / skills: -
Proficient in programming and have node.js skills
At the same time, the logic is very clear, and there is a wealth of speech and coordination skills

ENS name:
lrg.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
DAO is life

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:
Decade in bitcoin, half decade in ethereum, b9lab grad, shadowy super coder, proponent for public goods

ENS name: Yalor.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I"m very bullish on ENS after spending plenty of time with @matoken.eth and using it for literally everything in our DAOā€™s, Iā€™m already a participating member of many communities experimenting with this type of governance (Gitcoin, MetaCartel, DAOhaus, RaidGuild, etc etc) so I have extensive experience with the types of proposals and information dissemination needed to get consensus. I would love to contribute to the long term sustainability of the ENS community as well as help make ENS the standard across the world :fire:

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree, furthermore we are taking it there right now, together :rocket:

My web3 qualifications / skills: Iā€™m a community futurist, a governance and ecosystem health expert, as well as a skilled product and project manager deep down the DAO rabbit-hole :rabbit2:

1 Like

ENS name: daerwen.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the ENS community with the governance & help it grow while listening to the community which will really help the adoption of blockchain & NFT space.
Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree
My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a web3 enthusiast with basic knowledge of Web3 & blockchain with years of experience in DeFi space.

ENS name : nwanyioma.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a legal practitioner licensed in Nigeria and Canada respectively. I have extensive knowledge in blockchain law and i think i would be an amazing asset in consolidating my legal skills and blockchain knowledge in making decisions as a delegate.
**My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ]

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have a beginners knowledge on solidity and smart contracts . I am currently taking up more courses on it.

1 Like

ENS name: Str8jakin.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think ENS is a great initiative. The application of domain names in the field of digital currency is as convenient as the blockchain. It is as simple and understandable as browsing websites on the Internet, making currency transactions easier. Personal accounts are easier to remember. This migration step will be necessary to ensure mainstream adoption and implementation of various aspects of Web 3.0. The current barrier to entry and risk factor is far to complex for the average user, which is slowing down the adoption curve.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 696

• Name ownership is an absolute right: AGREE
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: AGREE
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: AGREE
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: AGREE

I have very basic web 3.0 skills and understanding, however I have spent 20+ years in the Web 1.0 and Web 2.0 space as a Cisco network advisor, long haul communications tech for the military, website developer for personal use and recently started developing my own DAO and Crypto token for use in disrupting the health and fitness space and giving the power back to the individuals.

ENS name:verygud.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:I am optimistic about the future of the web3 era. As the infrastructure of web3, ENS is willing to do my part to promote the development of ENS.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 684

Name ownership is an absolute right: agree

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: agree

Income funds ENS and other public goods: agree

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: agree
My web3 qualifications / skills:I entered the blockchain field in 2017. I am very familiar with the market. I am very optimistic about the development of web3 and can manage the Chinese community for ENS.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from ENS DAO Delegate Applications:

1 Like

**ENS name:**jamesshin.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:**I founded a Taiwan International Blockchain Strategy Association to help the application of blockchain in enterprises and the popularization of basic knowledge of the people

**My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ]

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

**My web3 qualifications / skills:**Basic web3.0 skills and blockchain node maintenance

1 Like

ENS Name:datboy.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to be a delegate to support the growth and development of ENS and to be the future of the web
ā€¢ Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
ā€¢ Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
ā€¢ Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ā€¢ ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree
My web3 qualifications / skills: I have a basic knowledge of web3 but learning to code at the moment. Just recently make the move to the DAO Side.

1 Like

ENS name:: trewkat.eth

I hope to represent the views of people who may not have a technical background but are still wanting to participate in Web3. I believe ENS DAO has a bright future already but I would like to ensure that the decentralised web continues to be accessible for those who donā€™t fully understand the technology but agree with the principles.
As an information professional I value fairness and equity in relation to information and technology services, and consistently advocate for transparency, interoperability, and clarity in the information environment.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

Iā€™m a member of a few DAOs, including the mighty BanklessDAO.
As mentioned I am an information manager, not a developer, but I have an interest in decentralised ID and interoperable naming services which I see as an extension of the persistent identifiers used in the library and information industry for many years.

PS: I would really like to be a delegate, but I donā€™t have the funds to pay for the gas associated with adding an avatar and the delegate link. That seems a little exclusionary to me and itā€™s the type of thing I am keen to avoid for future governance mechanisms.

ENS name: jiaxihou.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Personally I started to use ENS service from the gitcoin donation project this spring. I got much convenience and smooth user experience from this. Also, I have seen the growing need for domain service in web3 from DAOs, influencers, traditional brands and metaverse users. ENS is sure the best native domain project on ETH, and I am thrilled to be part of it.

I am a digital ethnographer with rich experiences on multiple digital platforms, paying particular attention on how marginalized social groups are both reshaping and reshaped by engaging on these commercial platforms. Moreover, I have investigated and am still looking at how subaltern Chinese young people who used to too segregated to build a collective consciousness are now reconnecting with each other through blockchain and innovate in their local context beyond the dominant innovation culture defined either by Silicon Valley or the Chinese state.

I believe contemporary structure of digital capitalism is not a ā€œnaturalā€ outcome of some inert law of technological development and neoliberal market. It reproduces and reinforces the unequal and unsatisfying power dynamics among Internet, capital, and individuals. Therefore, it is necessary to imagine alternative futures where DAO has the potential to revolutionize peopleā€™s sociality and to connect and empower people, especially the disadvantaged ones. To understand how institutions or communities may reconfigure as DAO, I also just started my participant observation on several Chinese ones such as the Unknown DAO. My experiences as an ethnographer and sociologist may be helpful to understand how peopleā€™s agency and the relationship among them may transform on web3.

ENS name:
Peppp.eth

I love the community and want to be more involved with ENS in specific. I look at it like the old usernames for things like Twitter, Instagram, etc. It will have lots of value and utility in the soon future.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications/skills:
I started NFTs about 4 months ago and have been learning more in-depth about web3 and smart contracts. Have been debating on learning ERC-721

ENS name: ilovevitalik.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™d really like to be a member of this community and believe the power of ENS in web3.

*Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree

**My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic knowledge

ENS name: Crypto-Artist-Chibi.eth

I make and sell NFTs of my 7-year-old daughterā€™s drawings. I also provide information for NFT creators in Japan. I have more than 3100 followers on Twitter and I am an influencer in the NFT market in Japan. In Japan, the crypto currency and NFT market is still in development. I believe if I become a Delegate of ENS, I can have a positive impact on promoting the crypto currency and NFT market in Japan.

Iā€™ve been familiar with crypto currencies since 2017. I am also a creator and collector of NFTs. I provide information for NFT creators in Japan. I am a member of several NFT creator communities and I have a strong interest in community management myself.