ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name:onceler.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
I want to support the development and of ENS to make it Effective, Efficient and scalable as possible, with the goal of making it the Web3 standard for naming.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ]** (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a developer with python skill. I know a little bit of solidity and can read code. Most importantly I know many people in the space and have made great connections to be helpful.

ENS name: mcdony.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am passionate about this industry growth, I would like to participate in spreading the best industry to better peopleā€™s lives.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills:
I have basic knowledge and recently started to learn more and more. Iā€™m very passionate and would like to learn more with the hands-on experience with my favourite namespace ENS.

ENS name: jessie.eth

i ve been thinking about DAOs for a while, i m also searching for the DAO i wanna be a part of. itā€™s not just about the governance and rules, itā€™s about a belief for some time (maybe a long time). i d love to quote my friend when he 1st intro ENS to me,ā€œitā€™s a big deal, not just an extension from DNS, think about where its uniqueness come from (ETH)ā€

currently i m in a team building a NFT curation network where you can have your data ownership(and own your attention), i want to better understand ENS as a new internet entry&identity for every INDIVIDUAL and bridge it to our solution, so that we can move to web3 together :running_woman:

I believe i can be a dot to spread the concept, i have a blog fat-garage.com (also i keep that .eth :wink: and i write about the web3 movement (cryptos tokenomics,DAOs,NFTs etc) mostly from my experience and takeaways from other brilliant minds (for example takensthereum and brantly on my understanding on ENS).

finally, I love ETH!

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution]

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

• Somewhat Agree. i m thinking what ā€œabsolute rightā€ is, and i guess if we can incentivise people who share the same value or passion on one name root (letā€™s say ownership), those who create names (coz there is only one ownership.eth) like ownershipecon, ownershiplabs,etc could somewhat related to each other.

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)-Agree.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment).-Agree.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment):-Agree.

• Been in crypto since 2017, started writing/podcasting about it since 2018.
  • Building with like-mind folks on an NFT curation tool (https://dataverse.art/)
  • Engaging a community who are passionate about web 3 & ownership economy in China

ENS name: Fireeyesdao.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: :fire:_ :fire: (Fire Eyes DAO) has been working alongside the ENS core team up to the launch of ENS DAO, focused on ensuring a community first launch.

Weā€™ve been overwhelmed with the focus, passion and coordination of the ENS core team and now weā€™re excited to play a role in the further decentralisation of the project by putting our collective hat in the ring to be a delegate!

Blog post outlining more detail about :fire:_ :fire: x ENS collaboration coming soon :eyes:

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:

ā€¢ Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree
ā€¢ Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree
ā€¢ Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree
ā€¢ ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree

:fire:_ :fire: is focused on experimenting and participating within the DAO universe. Collectively, :fire:_ :fire: members are regular contributors to a diverse range of organizations playing critical roles in the development of the DeFi and DAO ecosystem.

:fire:_ :fire: is comprised of 4 members:

:fire:_ :fire: are active contributors to many web3 communities including: MetaCartel, MetaCartel Ventures, Friends with Benefits, Bankless DAO

:fire:_ :fire: has worked on a handful of impactful projects across the ecosystem, including: Aave, Rocket Pool, Balancer, MetaFactory, Gitcoin, SuperRare as well as many others!

Excited for the launch of ENS DAO next week! :unicorn:

4 Likes

ENS name: rohitbhardwaj.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I represent Hindi speaking community of North India. I help freelance workers in rural India in how to get paid in cryptocurrencies. ENS has been a great relief for them as now they can simply share their ens domain names with their clients instead of long monolithic alphanumerical address.

My view on each section for the proposed ENS constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**Agree

My web3 qualification / skills: Helping and consulting people in operating web3 technology in rural India.

1 Like

ENS name: nextgenius.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe I can represent the people and listen to what they want, from entrepreneurs to artists, creators, or investors.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Have been implementing web3 since 2018, working with a few defi, dex, yield farming and nft dapps across Solidity, Rust and GoLang

ENS name: rishabhg.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™ve been great believer of how web3 can transition almost every domain it touches be it finance, art, music, gaming etc.
To add to that, the footprint identity of businesses is web domains which are currently governed (DNS) by handful of players/govt organizations. Decentralizing them is the fundamental and first step to have permissionless world.
ENS suitably fits here and I want to be active contributor in DAO to help it reach the masses and make right product market fit

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Software dev for last 5 yrs and a solidity dev for last 1 yr
Active DAO member in couple of projects like Inverse, Tracer
Have been active researcher for great projects in web3 etc

ENS name ā€“ Crypt0disc0.eth

Strong belief in the power of decentralization and community governance. But it needs to be done right, in an engaging way, nurtured and developed - particularly in the early stages of the DAO governance model. I will be a mature, consistent and open and transparent voice, who will use the governance process to foster mutual benefit and a spirit of decentralization.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree - but with strong transparency and accountability for the DAOā€™s money
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree - but watch and iterate

• Old school data scientist and ML
  • Experienced government and academic administrator - frustrated by the centralizing tendancy
  • Responsibility for multimillion data science budgets and funding processes
  • Non exec of tech for good start ups
  • Experienced in high profile (in public eye) engagement with public groups - including conflict resolution

ENS name:: jeffalomaniac.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: At 15 years old I took a part time job with an ISP in 1995. I began a position as a liaison to the Internic and was responsible for DNS record submission. This time reminds me of that time. I love this technology and believe it to be the key to security and privacy for social media in the future,

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: 100% agree. (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications / skills: Iā€™m currently studying solidity and web3 development through udemy and Ivan on tech academies. I am self taught in all avenues of life so this wonā€™t be much different.

ENS name: kumohira.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™m looking forward to helping the community and taking ENS forward. Having tried to create a DAO myself, I understand from the start how important ENS is to web3 and I look forward to seeing ENS develop in a better way for the DAO era.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I myself am a member of a (currently somewhat centralised) organisation that is about to become a DAO, and I am currently a project manager and data analyst. Unfortunately I donā€™t have the engineering skills to write code, but I do have years of experience reading code and developing ideas for improvement, and I look forward to contributing to the better world that WEB3 will create.

1 Like

ENS name: dontbeshai.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am very bullish on the big picture opportunity for ENS and I would love to be a delegator for the team. I am well versed in the space and feel I can add value digitally and IRL.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have been involved with all things web3 and have continued to expand my knowledge in the space. I am not the best at coding but quick to learn and feel I am able to contribute right away.

1 Like

ENS name: ulyana.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to apply to be a delegate in order to support ENS DAOā€™s effort in making name service available for all users in a multi-chain universe.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a Product Manager who shifted from startup world into crypto. My goal is to bring more product management expertise into web3 industry which historically was driven by engineers but now lacks some time-tested product-centered approach to software product development.

1 Like

ENS name: qjawe.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To help support the community and drive ENS forward as a naming service in the crypto industryā€¦ Iā€™ve been an ENS user from very early on and met the True Name Pte Ltd back in 2017 in Singapore at SG Innovate. believe ENS is truly open source and decentralized.

My web3 qualifications/skills: Ethereum 2.0 staker, and met Ethereum Foundation since 2017. Will be looking forward on ENS Domain to growing into a DAO era. Full stack developer and OTC desk trader.

1 Like

ENS Name: KJJK
My Reason: Simple. To be able to providing guiding light on the future of web3 identity.
Views:
I: Agree, fair application is key to governance. Due process is critical.
II: Utilizing framework which governs price based upon behavior of the consumer is welcomed. I have concerns about the phrase ā€œreasonable levelā€ when applied to ENS Operations.
III: Agree. However, I think an established Code of Ethics needs to be applied to both the Delegation, along with any prospect for distribution of funds.
IV: Agree. Need more info.
V: Agree. Can always be revisited if deemed insufficient.

My web3 Q&S: MBA. Been involved in web3 for nearly a year. Regulatory Affairs by day, ENS promoter by night. Heavily invested in Decentraland.org and NFTs. The skills I bring are less technical and more philanthropic. I have a knack for being a visionary and applying such to real world adaptations.

2 Likes

ENS name: benjaminchodroff.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Helping promote ENS awareness and adoption

My web3 qualifications / skills: I help teach a free Web3 coding class at https://offchain.social/offchain-code and I help run blockchain meetup groups throughout mainland China.

1 Like

ENS name: sensiblefolk.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS to make it as durable, robust and complementary to the vision of the metaverse. I have some unique insight on how ENS will shape the future.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ]** (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:** I am a developer with extensive knowledge of the blockchain, ethereum stack and deeply involved in the ecosystem.

1 Like

ENS name: spacerossi.eth

Identities are a key part of public infrastructure, IPā€™s and addresses simply lacks distinctiveness and personality. Web3 esthetics are being shaped and thrills me to be part of this!

My reason to be a delegate of the ENS ecosystem is to contribute with ENS growth and its adaptability to integrate in all potential future scenarios

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 754

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree, this is the fundamental rock in my perspective

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree, economic systems without incentive mechanisms are not sustainable always trending to cease. Successful projects always have successful incentive mechanisms running behind it

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree, as I said above long-term viability requires adaptability, funding public goods are necessary

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree, the ecosystem will naturally grow, and the integration is necessary

Solidity fundamentals

Designer

B2B Strategic Relationships Developments

Partner in holdpolkadot.com

Creator of NFT Hashboots

Creator of NFT Maskstonks

1 Like

itune.eth

1 Like

ENS name: slobo.eth

1. Iā€™m an active participant in the ENS community
  2. Iā€™m builder of a web3 native social app that deeply relies on ENS
  3. My beliefs align well with the proposed ENS constitution
  4. I will be a good shepherd of votes because I will support proposals that encourage the long-term growth of ENS.

I. Name ownership is an absolute right

Agree. This right is a fundamental requirement to dramatically reduce name collisions that have plagued the web since the inception of web 2.0. ENS fixes this.

II. Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism

Agree. Incentives rule everything around us. Registration fees limit rent seeking squatters and bots.

III. Income funds ENS and other public goods

Agree. Income ensures the long-term sustainability and development of ENS.

IV. ENS Integrates with the global namespace

Mostly Agree. Integrating with legacy systems is tough and the details matter. I see a world in which the legacy systems integrate with ENS vs. the other way around.

Iā€™ve improved the customer experience for millions of users and have a keen eye for usability. As someone who has helped many friends get their first ENS I am very familiar with the challenges they faced. That experience has generated key insights on how to get more folks into the ENS ecosystem.

4 Likes

ENS name: easydns.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™ve been a DNS, domains and naming professional for over 25 years. When I discovered blockchain and crypto in 2013 I became interested in the potential applications in naming. When ENS came along I saw the potential for taking DNS to the next level: guaranteed execution, programmatically controlled query responses and immutability provides the potential to completely end-run and obsolete the legacy DNS system.

My dayjob is as CEO of an ICANN registrar and managed DNS provider. We were the first ICANN registrar to accept Bitcoin and Ethereum payments. Weā€™re the only (or at least the first) ICANN registrar that provides ENS linking to IANA TLDs such as .XYZ and (soon) .ART.

Iā€™ve been involved in naming on both the technical, operational and governance levels for over 25 years having served on the CIRA Board 2001-2003 (which oversees .CA), currently on the Internet Society Canada Chapter board.

In 2017 I took part in the first ENS Working Group conference in London, UK.

Iā€™ve written two books relevant to core issues of naming:

1. Managing Mission Critical Domains & DNS (Packt, 2018)
  2. Unassailable: Protect Yourself from Cancel Culture, Deplatform Attacks and Other Online Disasters (AxisOfEasy Media, 2020)

As an experienced participant in the legacy namespace who sees itā€™s weaknesses and who is thrilled at the potential and capabilities of this emerging system, I add experience and a unique perspective to the governance equation.

1 Like