ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: ulyana.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to apply to be a delegate in order to support ENS DAOā€™s effort in making name service available for all users in a multi-chain universe.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a Product Manager who shifted from startup world into crypto. My goal is to bring more product management expertise into web3 industry which historically was driven by engineers but now lacks some time-tested product-centered approach to software product development.

1 Like

ENS name: qjawe.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To help support the community and drive ENS forward as a naming service in the crypto industryā€¦ Iā€™ve been an ENS user from very early on and met the True Name Pte Ltd back in 2017 in Singapore at SG Innovate. believe ENS is truly open source and decentralized.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications/skills: Ethereum 2.0 staker, and met Ethereum Foundation since 2017. Will be looking forward on ENS Domain to growing into a DAO era. Full stack developer and OTC desk trader.

1 Like

ENS Name: KJJK
My Reason: Simple. To be able to providing guiding light on the future of web3 identity.
Views:
I: Agree, fair application is key to governance. Due process is critical.
II: Utilizing framework which governs price based upon behavior of the consumer is welcomed. I have concerns about the phrase ā€œreasonable levelā€ when applied to ENS Operations.
III: Agree. However, I think an established Code of Ethics needs to be applied to both the Delegation, along with any prospect for distribution of funds.
IV: Agree. Need more info.
V: Agree. Can always be revisited if deemed insufficient.

My web3 Q&S: MBA. Been involved in web3 for nearly a year. Regulatory Affairs by day, ENS promoter by night. Heavily invested in Decentraland.org and NFTs. The skills I bring are less technical and more philanthropic. I have a knack for being a visionary and applying such to real world adaptations.

2 Likes

ENS name: benjaminchodroff.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Helping promote ENS awareness and adoption

My web3 qualifications / skills: I help teach a free Web3 coding class at https://offchain.social/offchain-code and I help run blockchain meetup groups throughout mainland China.

1 Like

ENS name: sensiblefolk.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS to make it as durable, robust and complementary to the vision of the metaverse. I have some unique insight on how ENS will shape the future.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ]** (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:** I am a developer with extensive knowledge of the blockchain, ethereum stack and deeply involved in the ecosystem.

1 Like

ENS name: spacerossi.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

Identities are a key part of public infrastructure, IPā€™s and addresses simply lacks distinctiveness and personality. Web3 esthetics are being shaped and thrills me to be part of this!

My reason to be a delegate of the ENS ecosystem is to contribute with ENS growth and its adaptability to integrate in all potential future scenarios

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 754

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree, this is the fundamental rock in my perspective

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree, economic systems without incentive mechanisms are not sustainable always trending to cease. Successful projects always have successful incentive mechanisms running behind it

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree, as I said above long-term viability requires adaptability, funding public goods are necessary

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Agree, the ecosystem will naturally grow, and the integration is necessary

My web3 qualifications / skills:

Solidity fundamentals

Designer

B2B Strategic Relationships Developments

Partner in holdpolkadot.com

Creator of NFT Hashboots

Creator of NFT Maskstonks

1 Like

itune.eth

1 Like

ENS name: slobo.eth

1. Iā€™m an active participant in the ENS community
  2. Iā€™m builder of a web3 native social app that deeply relies on ENS
  3. My beliefs align well with the proposed ENS constitution
  4. I will be a good shepherd of votes because I will support proposals that encourage the long-term growth of ENS.

I. Name ownership is an absolute right

Agree. This right is a fundamental requirement to dramatically reduce name collisions that have plagued the web since the inception of web 2.0. ENS fixes this.

II. Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism

Agree. Incentives rule everything around us. Registration fees limit rent seeking squatters and bots.

III. Income funds ENS and other public goods

Agree. Income ensures the long-term sustainability and development of ENS.

IV. ENS Integrates with the global namespace

Mostly Agree. Integrating with legacy systems is tough and the details matter. I see a world in which the legacy systems integrate with ENS vs. the other way around.

Iā€™ve improved the customer experience for millions of users and have a keen eye for usability. As someone who has helped many friends get their first ENS I am very familiar with the challenges they faced. That experience has generated key insights on how to get more folks into the ENS ecosystem.

4 Likes

ENS name: easydns.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™ve been a DNS, domains and naming professional for over 25 years. When I discovered blockchain and crypto in 2013 I became interested in the potential applications in naming. When ENS came along I saw the potential for taking DNS to the next level: guaranteed execution, programmatically controlled query responses and immutability provides the potential to completely end-run and obsolete the legacy DNS system.

My dayjob is as CEO of an ICANN registrar and managed DNS provider. We were the first ICANN registrar to accept Bitcoin and Ethereum payments. Weā€™re the only (or at least the first) ICANN registrar that provides ENS linking to IANA TLDs such as .XYZ and (soon) .ART.

Iā€™ve been involved in naming on both the technical, operational and governance levels for over 25 years having served on the CIRA Board 2001-2003 (which oversees .CA), currently on the Internet Society Canada Chapter board.

In 2017 I took part in the first ENS Working Group conference in London, UK.

Iā€™ve written two books relevant to core issues of naming:

1. Managing Mission Critical Domains & DNS (Packt, 2018)
  2. Unassailable: Protect Yourself from Cancel Culture, Deplatform Attacks and Other Online Disasters (AxisOfEasy Media, 2020)

As an experienced participant in the legacy namespace who sees itā€™s weaknesses and who is thrilled at the potential and capabilities of this emerging system, I add experience and a unique perspective to the governance equation.

1 Like

ENS name: arcassis.eth

Iā€™m a blockchain enthusiast and developer. Iā€™m also into domain flipping and I want to be at the forefront of the .eth domains movement as I believe it has a huge potential.

Iā€™m currently developing trading platforms for CEXes and DEXes.

1 Like

agree this good good good good good

1 Like

ENS name: kevinshane.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe in web3. I want to be a part of something that has a future, and great potential. Plus, by joining, I feel that Iā€™ll learn more about web3.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution :

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    One of the reasons that I believe in web3 is that ownership moves to the individual, from the corporation. ā€œName ownership is an absolute rightā€ is exactly that.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    As for Sections II and III, I believe there needs to be a sustainable economic approach for any organization.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    As for Sections II and III, I believe there needs to be a sustainable economic approach for any organization.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Section IV makes sense by not leaving any DNS domain behind, and to be collaborative vs competitive.
    ** Section V is how any DAO works, so I am all for that as well. Great Constitutionā€¦ simple and to the point.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Iā€™m working on my own project to use web3 as a way to build community focused real estate projects IRL (ie: museums, community centers, parks, gardens, farms, etc). I want to be a part of other DAOs that I believe will educate me further in web3, and that I can bring a different perspective to, whether itā€™s social impact related or something else. My background is purely business, just an FYI.

2 Likes

ENS name: youthfinance.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe I have the drive and motivation to be an ENS Delegator. Iā€™m also really into web3 development and coming from Switzerland I have a lot of ties to Crypto Valley in Zug.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have coded in solidity, haskell and am learning how to use the python SDK on Algorand. I have created tokens and NFTs and am working on my own project now.

2 Likes

ENS name: bronak.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™ve been a fan of ENS for a while. ENS is foundational project within the ecosystem and would like to contribute as a delagate.

Experience in DeFi, Etherem Mining, DevOps, Infrastructure

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œbrantlymillegan, post:1, topic:815ā€]
**ENS name: netminer.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:I love the eth community and being involved in new standards and processes. I believe web3 is the future and I love being a part of ground breaking tech.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

**My web3 qualifications / skills: Solidity, React, Linux, Java and Many other languages I am able to write. Also networking degree and AWS, terraform master. I really enjoy writing smart contracts and understanding the inner workings of web3.

1 Like

ENS name: ntotao.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I onboarded many friends (and family, of course :slight_smile: ) to the use of Ethereum. While the first step is always the wallet creation, the second needs to be ENS (thatā€™s why I think is a public good). After experiencing ENS, any newbie user is teleported with ease into the concept of Pseudonymous Economy and multiple identity interaction. Huge learning are coming from my friends right after they setup their records!
As a delegate, I want to focus on my region, Italy, because there is a huge lack of knowledge around crypto here. Iā€™ve reached many political actors in the last years, hoping for some support in integrating Smart Contract strategies in Italy. ENS helps on this because can go beyond the common idea of crypto = anon. ENS fixes this.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree - we have seen it in DAOs already built. This incentive is also a security
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) ENS integration is the base layer for developing identities and privacy onchain.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Iā€™m pretty basic on Solidity, but Iā€™m currently focusing on Dynamic NFT smart contracts, plugging generative art on chain. My background is computational design and I want to leverage on ENS to build much more than just identity, with interoperability in mind. Iā€™m learning the Ceramic Network and would love to cross-match ENS+Ceramic, developing some small artistical prototype.

2 Likes

ENS name: sugma.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: i am a long time supporter of grassroots projects like Gitcoin and ENS and would like to ensure the longterm success of such projects, keeping the ecosystem fair and accessible to all and embracing the core values we have as web3 pioneers

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
    My web3 qualifications / skills: I am involved in multiple DAOS and projects with experience in SOL HTML and WEB3.
1 Like

Avsa.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate

I have helped code and launch ENS and have promoted it on other projects, but havenā€™t been part of the day to day operations of ENS. Itā€™s one of my projects and most proud of and I believe it is a solid building block of the internet.

I think Brantly presents a beautiful draft, that I (and seemingly most here) agree fully but I think they should expanded in clearer sub items. I present here my proposed comments in italic.

Name ownership is an absolute right:

Name ownership should never be taken from a user, unless by lack of renewal. ENS DAO is encouraged to experiment with renewal mechanisms but always follow these principles:

• No discrimination: renewal mechanisms should be the same for everyone and should never be based on characteristics of the buyer or name, except character length.
  • No retroactivity: the rules a person agreed upon when renewing should be valid until your period ends
  • No allow/blocklists: content filters should be a client side decision. If a developer desires (or is compelled by an authority) to block or restrict certain content, it should be resolved on a layer above ENS. The ENS DAO should do its best to avoid being subject to any particular jurisdiction.

When ENS was launched, the Ethereum Foundation, which back then employed both me and Nick, had to bid for its name like anyone else. Itā€™s something I am proud Iā€™ve thought for and I think should be enshrined in the constitution. Not only we should not have pre-reservations, we should not block someone from owning a name because of who they are. That includes not using a renewal mechanism that takes into consideration things that could be used to discriminate people (for example, treating special characters differently could lead to Persian names being more expensive than English ones, and that is not acceptable) or even trying to prove someone is a human (robots and organizations have the rights to their names too).

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:

Registration and renewals should never have the aim to raise money, but to find balance in these fundamental principles:

• ENS should be available A user who wants to buy names should be able to find enough suitable names directly from the layer one, not find out most names are privately owned
  • ENS should be accessible Names should not cost so much that it becomes prohibitively, and should be the most affordable possible without compromising the availability principle above
  • ENS should be useful Most names should be in active use by their users, and not just being held back for speculation or resale value

Income funds ENS and other public goods:

I agree with the text given by Brantly but would like to add:

• ENS should aim to also use funds to compensate for any negative externalities caused by the system.

Every system has externalities, some are known when it is created and others are not. ENS DAO members are encouraged to find them and propose manners to help them using the funds. ENS should never try to ban an organization but can set apart any money it makes from them to counterbalance them. For example, if a few users are using ENS to promote killing Puppies for sports, it would be acceptable for ENS DAO to use whatever money they raise from these organizations (and more) to fund organizations that promote the well being of Puppies.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace ENS integrates with the broader internet and web3 ecosystem

• ENS will respect the namespace of traditional DNS and any other major naming conventions (ex: .onion) without charging any extra fees
  • While ENS will always be deeply rooted on Ethereum, it will play well and promote integrations with other Chains, Shards and Coins (Ex: support for BTC addresses, integration with non-ethereum wallets, development of multi chain standard supports, etc) with the goal of a global Name ownership on the internet, not just on ethereum.

I would also like to propose an amendment specifically about preventing abuse of powers.

Proposed: ENS DAO should aim to disperse its powers, not acquire new ones

While the goal of the ENS DAO is to guarantee the growth and long term sustainability of ENS, it should, whenever it can, aim to make sure the powers the DAO has cannot be abused. If any of the principles above can be guaranteed technically by delegating that power away from the ENS DAO, it should.

New powers acquired through innovation (ex: from bridges to connect ENS with other chains) should also be, when the time is right, be delegated to technical solutions that guarantee the principles laid in the constitution.

My web3 qualifications / skills

• Launched the first ethereum wallet and web3 browser
  • First wallet to have ERC20 token support
  • Coded one of the earliest codes for Tokens, DAOs and Token Sales that were used as templates on ethereum dot org. Also coded one of the first NFTs (ENS!).
  • Cofounded ENS and coded the first ENS registrar that supported staking eth for the initial distribution of names
  • All together, all these contracts held millions of dollars for years and none were hacked
  • Founded a startup for using ENS as your primary identity and login system and spent years promoting it
3 Likes

ENS name: janardan.eth

I want to support the development of ENS and ownership of .eth domains. I will actively contribute to the community and bring ideas from my unique perspective as an attorney involved in crypto.**

I passionately believe in Ethereum and the community behind it, and would love this opportunity to contribute.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 784

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agreed. Every individual should have the right to outright ownership free from restriction or unnecessary regulation.

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree, but I think that registration fees should exist as de minimis rather than a means of making a significant profit.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree. ENS funds should go towards enriching ENS and growing the community. Can also be used to promote longevity of the protocol.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree. ENS should become a major player in the global namespace as this will contribute to mass adoption of .eth domains and the protocol / community.

I am a licensed attorney with knowledge in tax and partnership law that has been involved with crypto since 2013. I understand the basics of solidity, and have been involved with defi protocols for over a year.

I also have a network of friends and colleagues that are connected to and working in cryptocurrency for large cefi businesses as well as big players like Solana.

ENS name: jtnichol.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Long timer on /r/ethtrader and current mod for /r/ethfinance and /r/ethstaker. I think Ethereum Reddit and our voices need someone here representing and helping out.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.

My web3 qualifications/skills: I work for GridPlus doing media for the Lattice1 Hardware Wallet