ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS Name: SunbeMike.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

1. Open internet is my life, my career and my passion from endless early days of irc chats to building Virtual Places as a developer - one of the first internet communities with Avatars.

2. I started several internet companies and am well familiar with DNS and other internet utilities. I understand the importance of infrastructure upon everything being built, and that in order for Web3 to take over it needs to become user friendly.

3. I am a CTO now, and know how to lead and represent the interests of my team. I will do the same as your ENS DAO Delegate.

4. This is just so much fun!

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree with a caveat. “other public goods” is vague and can get misused. I would restate as “and other public open internet (web3) initiatives”

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:

1. I am a cryptographer by education, was a graduate student of prof. Shamir, the co-inventor of public key encryption and the S character in RSA. I understand all the foundations of crypto.

2. I started Sunbe (www.sunbe.com) - the new economy, created and built upon human exchanges. This is my mission - empower people to be independent agents of the fair economy built on Web3.

ENS name: mattgallant.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I’ve been a fan of ENS since day 1. I think W3 is the biggest functional leap for internet functionality since online credit card processing. ENS is the key to removing the friction for the late adopters. I’m all in

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree. I want to see ENS become he standard.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I employ 12 world-class devs that can build anything. We’ve already built some blockchain applications and we’re excited to start building more W3 ecomm solutions.

[/quote]

ENS name:
usd.eth

As chairman of an European listed blockchain company, I believe in a Community where the whole society works toghether for a better world. Blockchain is the IT revolution with the next generation transparent accounting, replacing double entry accounting that was invented in Italy in the 14th century. Not only this, Web 3.0 has the potential to bridge different needs, arts, businesses making a better future. The Ethereum community is perhaps one of the most interesting platforms for decentralized cooperation in the World.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agreed.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree.

• Solidity
  • Chairman of listed European blockchain company
  • BA, MBA, Graphic Design and Painting

ENS name: dobos.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I strongly believe ENS is crucial to the future of the internet and development of web3. I’m also an Etherean and I’m convinced ENS plays a very important role in the Ethereum ecosystem as a whole. ENS is one of the most important parts and functions of the Ethereum ecosystem going forward.

As a delegate I will work hard to contribute to the future success of ENS. I will particularly focus on further integration of other protocols and technologies, especially DIDs, “Login with Ethereum”, browser integration and DNS. Second I’d like to focus on absolute decentralisation. ENS, like most “decentralised” protocols, have come a long way, but it’s not perfect. There are pain- and choke points the need to be identified and addressed. ENS is way to important to risk being forced into something none of us like to see. This will be increasingly important in the coming years.

As a delegate I will listen carefully to those who delegated their votes to me, and vote accordingly. I will also propose improvements along the lines stated above. I believe I will be an asset to the ENS project, I like ENS a lot, and I want to make my contribution to the best of my ability.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) There’s still some work to be done, but I agree in general.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have a background in tech (computer science). I wouldn’t dare calling myself a dev, but I’ve taken a few courses in Solidity, and given my education and tech background I “talk the talk” and I understand what devs do. I’ve been into crypto for five years, I have 15+ years experience in publishing and marketing, and I recently began working professionally in crypto. Web3 is basically a back-end with decentralised blockchain replacing the traditional database in the web stack.

ENS name: npr.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to contribute to web3 and this may be one of the only ways I can. I am passionate about domains (always have been, no clue why), and care deeply about the ethos of ethereum. I will learn and do what it takes to be the best delegator of the people that I can be.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree, used to decentivize squatting, but also as a mechanism for permanent domain loss prevention, like in the famous case of soulja boy’s ENS name.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Again, passionate about domains (weird, but true). Have onboarded dozens of people into the ethereum ecosystem, and instructed each one of them to first and foremost establish their web3 identity via an ENS name. I would try so hard to learn absolutely everything I need to and beyond in order to excel in this position. I believe ENS is an integral piece for mass adoption and would love to take that seriously. I am already fully aware of all things ENS thus far. I will continue to be with or without this position, but I really would love the experience and to contribute in this way that I know I am passionate about. It would certainly mean a lot.

ENS name: khing.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS is a core component of the Ethereum ecosystem. It is of critical importance that its independence and decentralization continues. Bringing significant board, committee and governance experience I hope to be able to contribute by representing the community and further strengthen ENS.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree. This is core to the principles of inclusion of web3. In addition, it should be no centralized party’s right to take name ownership away from a holder.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree. Of course alignment of interests is central to crypto - participants need to have skin in the game in order to benefit. In addition, it’s a natural source of income for the ENS Foundation.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree. These funds enable ENS to continue to grow and strengthen. As it regards funding of other public goods, there needs to be clear community consensus on what would fall into that category.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree. I’m of the view that ultimately there will be more convergence between decentralized and centralized ecosystems - with, naturally, the decentralized ecosystems being dominant and web3 becoming the new standard.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I’m founder/CEO of a DeFi platform which is being built on web3. Being an entrepreneur in a space which is developing so quickly is incredibly exciting. It also forces you to stay on top of the projects, innovation and trends around you. My web3 skills are therefore constantly developing, and are based on a background in hedge funds, fintech, and crypto.

ENS name: 8bitfantasy.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am an Artist / Musician / Games Designer with professional experience across both the music and games industries. I’m currently working as a freelance UI/UX Designer mainly in the music industry.

I am also passionate about STE(A)M education and promoting creative + tech skills for people from minority groups. I want to help onboard individuals from diverse backgrounds onto the future that is decentralised.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 650

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: 8BitFantasy is a retro nostalgia inspired brand based in the Metaverse, run by me – I’m an Artist / Musician / Games Designer. Whether I’m producing pixel art, chiptune or retro games, under 8BitFantasy, I create unique NFT experiences and merchandise for a variety of global clients. Deriving aesthetic inspiration from Japanese anime, synthesiser music and arcade games.

ENS name: polkadotwallet.eth

The reason why I want to be a representative: ENS is a pioneer in the field of web3. I think the world of blockchain is a little bit different because of me.

My views on each part of the proposed ENS charter

Name ownership is absolute right: (agree/disagree/comment) agree
The registration fee exists as an incentive mechanism: (agree/disagree/comment) agree
Income Fund ENS and other public goods: (agree/disagree/comment) agree
ENS and global namespace integration: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
My web3 qualifications/skills: My main abilities are article writing and community management. I can help web3 to promote it.

ENS name: kengo.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I’ve contributed to Web 2.0 for a long time, but I’m excited about the possibilities of Web 3. I think that the domain is the basis of business, and I think that the Eth domain is the basis of web3, and I think that I can make use of my experience of harmony.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a former owner of a large hosting provider in Japan. I have provided many services to the world. We take pride in being able to deeply understand the value of domains and help drive ENS in terms of both technology and marketing. .

ENS name: bhamilton.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: The web3 space is the most fascinating and exciting technological phenomenon of my lifetime. To be a part of the growth and contribute to the advancement of this technology is not just an honor but I feel like this is what I was meant to do. It is vitally important that individuals who care deeply about this technology be the custodians of its growth and long term sustainability. ENS is going to be the face of every user onboarding to web3. There is so much that can be done with this technology and I take this role very seriously.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 754

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree. The principles of decentralization demand this right. It is the cornerstone of the individual and must be protected.

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree. Some considerations need to be taken into account such as ensuring the revenue is targeted to that required for operations and future development.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree. Outside of ENS itself there are other projects/organizations that could benefit from the success of the DAO. Charitable giving as well as fostering technological development through grants are some examples.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree. This is an area that ENS can expand into that will help transition others into web3.

• Web Developer(20yrs)
  • Solidity novice
  • Chainlink solidity bootcamp participant
  • NFT Creator/Collector

ENS name: alexcoin.eth

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 752

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am early investor. Have been involved with web 3 since the early summer.

ENS name: Tripluca.eth

I live in DAOs. In Bitcoin since 2013, full time on Ethereum since 2017, in 2018 I founded a DAO in the travel industry (Tripscommunity.eth) and I think I understand DAOs very well.
I’ve been using and exploring several DAO protocols since 2018.
I was waiting for a relevant DAO project to get involed in, and I think ENS is the most important one I feel I can contribute to.

• Name ownership is an absolute right:
    Agree 100%. Name ownership is the basic building block of Web3 and subsequently of this new continent we are all moving to.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:
    Agree. There’s no other way to prevent spam.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods:
    Agree. I think ENS needs to be funded properly, and it can act as a Public Goods funding mechanism.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace:
    Agree.

I understand the technology to a deeper level, being able to read and write basic smart contracts but the most interesting aspect, and my expertise, is in Community building.
I’m a DeFi OG, write NFT contracts, manage a big Community and I see my mission as onboarding and educating the travel industry.
I just launched the “Web3 in Travel” podcast in order to do so.

ENS name: fulanito.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I’d like to support de development of ENS and I have been using them for years now. So for me it is a natural movement.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am Proof of Stake nodes Operator. As an infrastructure provider I contribute to keep the Web3 working!!

ENS 名称:changchun.eth

我想成为代表的原因:我认为我有成为 ENS 代表的条件,而且我真的很喜欢以太坊 / WEB3 技术,我认为我最最最可以成为代表并代表中国社区。

我对所有的 ENS 有个别的一部分

名称同意是绝对权利:(同意/不同意/评论) 同意。
注册费作为一种激励机制存在:(同意/不同意/评论)同意。
收入基金 ENS 和其他公共产品:(同意/不同意/评论) 同意。
ENS与全球本土空间集成:(同意/不同意/评论)同意,ENS在未来会成为全球领域系统
我的web3资格/技能:我有基本的web3技能

tjkeel.eth

• I want to be a delegate for the ENS DAO in order to directly contribute to the future of the internet in a way that is not possible, nor representable on existing Web2 platforms.

• Name ownership is an absolute right. Even more so than modern property rights when considering public goods, real scarcity, and specifically, Georgism.

• Registration fees are an incentive mechanism, although they’re better characterized as a deterrent in Sybil attacks. It’s clear that ENS’s dominant utility will be in individualizing an anonymous internet identity that is both verifiable and aligned with the decentralized goals of the broader Ethereum ecosystem.

• Evidenced by the 50% treasury allocation, the income generated by ENS are clearly a public good; and arguably were so before the DAO announcement. As ENS holders will have governance voting, it is clear that they will be incentivized to prioritize the protocol and general Ethereum wellness. I imagine a considerable portion will be donated to Gitcoin grants–similar as the Uni treasury does.

• In current single sign-on platforms (Google, Facebook, Apple) the convenience and ease of use is only partially passed on to the consumer. The majority of the value is in data collection and advertising composability generated for the corporation of your choice. ENS single sign-on would provide users with both the utility of convenience, as well as the value retention not known in Web2.

I’ve been an active participant in the Ethereum ecosystem for several years. Most notably, I’ve participated and contributed in all of the Rocket Pool beta launches, ultimately becoming one of the top RPL holders and proponents of their upcoming launch. More generally, my professional background revolves around computer programming and information technology.

ENS name: nobblle.eth

I believe I can represent the people and listen to what they want. Among all categories like, companies or artists, creators, or investors.

• Name ownership is an absolute right:
  • Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:
  • Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods:
  • I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: - I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have been involved with web 3 since past several months. My communication skills will be helpful to develop further to gain more knowledge about it.

I was thinking of applying to be a delegate until I read yours. I will probably delegate my vote to you. :slight_smile:

ENS name: maraschmiedt.eth

ENS will be as foundational to the Web3.0 architecture, as DNS has been to the development of the the internet since the 1980s. Decentralized identity and user-centric data management are complex and broad-ranging capabilities that are fundamental to it’s success.

Because of their high versatility and compatibility, ENS domains open up an array of innovation in the digital identity space and its relation to personal, social, creative and financial domains - many of which we may not be able to imagine yet.

To get there the ENS community needs to lead with a balanced and adaptive approach to incentive policies, rigorous treasury management and forward-facing grants strategy.

With over 5 years of experience in the Web3.0 space, leadership functions across Coinbase Cloud and ConsenSys Codefi, serving as an angel investor and advisor to various token- and DAO-based projects in the space I believe I have the right qualifications to support the community as a delegate with knowledge and intention.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

Over the past few years I have held leadership positions across Coinbase Cloud and ConsenSys Codefi, where I’ve supported the development and growth of new organisations and business lines focused on the primitives and base-layers of Web3.0 enablement.

I’m an active contributor in the Ethereum community, taking a public-good first approach to extensive research studies and projects I have led including an EF-granted initiatives on the development of SSV, a new cryptographic primitive for distributed validation.

I’m an active angel and advisor to various early stage projects in the space, supporting on the fronts of incentive and organisation design, treasury management, go-to-mainnet planning and ongoing growth.

Richpepe.eth

I simply love domains and the aspect of identity on the internet, I want to contribute to the community as an ENS Delegator. I want to help build the dao and work together with like minded people.

My view on each section of the proposed constitution -

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree

now we need to get the support of all internet browsers.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have a good understanding of web3 and enough solidity skills to get by. I’m no pro coder but I’m not trying to build any applications just love Ethereum.

ENS name: Xer0.eth

• A Crypto Degen with intuitive knowledge on economics, finance, politics, and incentive structures.
  • I have basic knowledge on the web3 space, and don’t code.
  • Author of the Rocket Pool Investment Thesis
    Thanks Everyone.