ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: chrisberg.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS an incredibly interesting frontier project bringing identity to the blockchain space. There is a major opportunity to create persistent identities across the crypto ecosystem and ENS DAO is in a unique position to capture that opportunity. I would love to be involved and bring my deep academic and practice expertise to bear on what is one of the most important problems in the crypto space.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree. This is an underappreciated feature of the cryptoeconomy - the need for concrete pseudonymity.

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree. Registration fees are an important part of product pricing and managing congestion but incentive mechanisms are a cryptoeconomic design question and need to be tied into models of value flow and capture. A fee can be a way of paying for marginal costs and if necessary preventing spam-like behaviour but we should be thinking more broadly about incentive structures.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree. This is critical - what we call public goods (or more precisely ‘local public goods’) in the blockchain space is actually a conversation about the deployment of DAO resources for investment and growth. ‘Public good’ provision is talked about a lot these days in crypto but needs to be talked about a lot more.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree. This needs to be a priority for the ENS DAO. It does not mean that ENS ought to be simply subsuming itself into the existing institutions of the global namespace but where possibly creating a decentralised, parallel but consistent alternative.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am an academic cryptoeconomist and research team leader with extensive experience in research, teaching and advising large and small crypto businesses and DAOs. In 2017 I cofounded one of the leading cryptocurrency research centres in the world, the RMIT Blockchain Innovation Hub. RMIT is now the second top university for blockchain research and education on the Coindesk university ranking. I am the co-author of a major economic text in blockchain studies, Understanding the Blockchain Economy: An Introduction to Institutional Cryptoeconomics, and am deeply engaged in public policy work

I can bring a lot of experience, research knowledge, and governance expertise to the ENS DAO. I have worked with numerous projects working on cryptoeconomic design, tokenomics, and DAO governance, and have published extensively on treasury management, grant program design, voting and social choice in DAOs, some of which you can see at my website. In addition, I have worked on a number of identity projects of potential relevance to ENS, including chairing credentials working group of the Australia Government’s National Blockchain Roadmap.

1 Like

ENS name: allenkong.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I’ve been using ENS for a certain time and it becomes a critical part of my crypto life. ENS will be the entry point/portal of the metaverse and I strongly want to be a part of the DAO to help the growth of this project.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:
Few years crypto and web3 exerience acrossing GameFi, Defi, Crypto trading, Metaverse, NFT, DAO…

[quote=“brantlymillegan, post:1, topic:815”]
ENS name: vybz.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Cryptocurrency has changed my outlook on life and given me renewed purpose. The zero barrier to entry/participation (we have to keep fighting for this), great equalizing nature of the web3 environment (we are all the same behind .eth name), with zero censorship. I really believe in the ENS constitution and as such want to contribute my time and resources as an ENS delegate to progress these tenets.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** AGREE - we are all sovereign individuals with rights to privacy. ENS enables this and many more features that will develop with Web3 propagation
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** AGREE - vital we discourage scalpers/squatters to ensure ENS stays as a public utility protocol. Additionally it will ensure ENS names that have been abandoned/lost accounts will eventually be released back to the protocol for others to use. We should always consider incentive mechanisms and unattended consequences (e.g. registration fee amount)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** AGREE - ENS funds should be used to support/improve the ENS protocol first and foremost in line with ENS constitution. Followed by supporting other initiatives/projects outside of the ENS ecosystem should be considered. We should be mindful this doesn’t cause conflict of interest with delegaters and outside projects re funding allocation, maybe we can add to constitution (via vote). Key way to minimize this is via having really diverse distribution of governance tokens.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**AGREE - vital we have global standard integrating with the global namespace. This would also improve over time due to network effects and ultimately making ENS protocol anti-fragile.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am an cryptocurrency believer/advocater since 2015 when I got my first BTC (been hodling since then). Building substantial NFT collection (150+ NFTs including many blue chips). Web3 evangelist onboarding family, friends and colleagues into the ecosystem. Mechanical engineer IRL and transitioning to work full time in Web3 space over next 6 months
Checkout my main NFT collection link: https://opensea.io/Vybz

ENS Name: axoncable.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: along with the outbursting of cryto economy and comunity, web3 is more and more important. And I’d like to bring this new concept in traditional enterprises.

My view on each section:
all agree

Only very basic knowledge on web3.

ENS Name: diemensionspace.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
I hope that every ordinary person can enter the world of Web 3 more conveniently through the ENS service.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**-Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**-Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**-Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)-Agree

I am in the web 3 analysis and media field.

ENS name: marka.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I run a digital agency (developer of 20 years) in the web2/IRL world but am quickly moving over to the web3 world.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 11

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3/solidity skills.

ENS name: lrcpay.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: The crypto world is evolving rapidly,I want to contribute to the development of ens.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a solidity developer in the crypto world.

ENS name: grantharris.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe that the UX of Web 3.0 is severely lacking and one of the biggest obstacles that needs to be addressed before it can truly become the next paradigm for the internet. I also believe that ENS is going to play a huge part in pushing the UX forward to bring it more mainstream and I can help ENS achieve those goals.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree - The ownership of an ENS domain is a right that everyone should have and should not be infringed upon. However, there should be mechanisms to help prevent abuse of the system from malicious actors. I believe this to be one of the biggest challenges with decentralization within Web 3.0 and hope to be able to contribute my voice to the discussion.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree - Like Ethereum itself, there must be costs to interact with ENS to prevent malicious actors from dominating the space and ruining the system for everyone else.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree - While I do think that ENS should work towards being able to fund other projects that also subscribe to the same ethos as ENS, I would be very cautious about committing any funds to those projects at least in the short-term. ENS is too important and must be protected at all costs, even if it means not funding other projects.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree - This objective needs to happen in order for ENS to become mainstream and be the go-to solution for Web 3.0 identity. There must be at least some continuity from Web 2.0 in order to help the mainstream crowd transition to Web 3.0.

• I currently work for a cryptocurrency startup as the lead QA for the project where I am always considering how the smallest details can affect the Web 3.0 experience from an end-user’s prospective
  • I am knowledgeable on the current DNS system and currently interact with it on a regular basis through IT consulting work as well as my avid obsession with self-hosting
  • I have been into cryptocurrency since 2012 when I started mining BTC
  • Currently studying Vyper (already proficient in Python) as a way to develop a deeper understanding of the EVM
1 Like

**ENS name:**mxlucky.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:**To help support the community and drive ENS forward. I’ve been an ENS user from very early on and realized from onset how important it would be to web3; I feel ENS is and will be the center point of the massive metaverse innovation that’s on the horizon… I want to help get the project to the level of adoption that it deserves.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)Agree

**My web3 qualifications / skills:**I’m a professional python developer who is enthusiastic about entering Web3, with basic skills in Solidity.

ENS name: leozc.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think i have the motivation to be an ENS Delegator, also i’m really into Ethereum / WEB3 technology in general and i think i can be a delegate and reperesent the Spanish Speaking Community.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have good infrastructure skills and good solidity skills

ENS name tycoon.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I’ve been a user an supporter on ENS since launch.
I see ENS as an important public good. Here is a personal anecdote.
Recently, my registrar emailed me that ICANN was about to cancel my 10+ year domain name. It turned out that someone submitted a false report to some obscure database, which they were obliged to follow.
Yes, I managed to follow their process, and I still retained “ownership” of it. However, the emails were very intimidating and one sided. It was a 48 hour ultimatum, and I was already assumed guilty. What if I didn’t see the email in time? All this basically says is that you do not really own the domain. They do.

ENS fixes this.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Strongly Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Strongly Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Strongly Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Strongly Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Very much living in this space. web3, Ethereum and ENS is my DNA.

1 Like

ENS name: anymose.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: passionate about Ethereum / WEB3 and a hard cole of ENS. I’ve made lots of articles to introduce ENS to China market since joined .eth family. Now we can make more progress by DAO, it is definitely chance for me to apply to the delegate application .

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** - Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** - Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** - Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree.

My web3 qualifications / skills: As a python developer im enthusiastic about entering Web3, with full skills in Solidity.

My ENS name:hujiawei.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am from China and have been studying blockchain for years. I can help create the Chinese community. I know some English.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constit

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Iagree
My web3 qualifications / skills: I understand multiple languages. Have long experience as a community manager.

ENS name: shayan.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Would love to be able to chime in whenever I can. Been around ENS before the rent based model, worked with Handshake, and presented in IETF.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Security, Solidity dev, Smart contract auditing (2 rounds of auditing of ENS modules in the past), System design, leadership

1 Like

ENS name: 0xDitto.eth

I’ve followed ENS since it’s initial development - actually before it was a thing - when Vitalik first mentioned the concept of public key tied names in a post. My first registered ENS names were lost due to losing access to a private key. I was inspired by the project so I claimed another (despite the fees). The concept of user owned identities really appeals to me in this era of corporate ownership and lend.

We provide value to platforms by the content we bring to them. If we are adding this value under a “loaned name” corporations can and will de-platform us should it be expedient or profitable to do so.

Registration fees give names value. If something is free or low cost it is considered worthless. Registration fees also prevent users/groups from squatting.

The value of a service like ENS is directly proportional to its level of adoption. It serves us as a community to leverage funding to assist with integrations.

I have been a casual developer in the space for a number of years. Building utilities to better understand Solidity/IPFS/ENS. I have a conventional (Web 2) Computer Science background with a degree on CompSci. I have been involved on a number of governance boards in the conventional space.

ENS name:liuqiuhan.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:Since I came across BTC in 2013, I am amazed by the rapid development of the field and I have made it my lifelong career and I would like to make my contribution to the spread of the new technology.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution **

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)-Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) -Agree.

My web3 qualifications / skills:I’m a programmer, I’m an active member in many crypto communities, and I know a lot of people who are passionate about blockchain.

ENS name: ethersat.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a believer in ETHEREUM technology, I have been following the project since 2017, I think that ENS will be fundamental to achieve full adoption (DNS transition → ENS), I am also a person interested in the development of the protocol (ENS), to show all the potential of ETH, DAOs and APPs, I am an enthusiast of free software (GNU-linux) and I consider the implementation of DECENTRALIZED protocols as the main tool to achieve a sustainable and environmentally friendly future. I consider myself an evangelizer of ETH technology and would love to represent those who share this vision.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: I agree, the property must be maintained

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: This point I consider especially important, the quotas should seek to promote an environment of exclusion for speculators and resellers.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: I agree, the sustainability of the project is important and I think it is a good way to promote the development of WEB3.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: I agree, the integration with DNS and its subsequent replacement should be objectives of the project.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am running my own Ethereum Node, I have basic knowledge of Blockchain, Solidity, Tokens, IPFS and NFTs. I am currently developing my skills to develop 3D, AR and VR experiences.**

ENS name: harwichport.eth

*reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS to make it as scalable as possible.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)**
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    **My web3 qualifications / skills: Active investor in the space both into traditional venture startups as well as token projects.

ENS name: akriot.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I would like to support the ENS community for efficient development.
I also believe that ENS will become a standard service for Web3.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a Web3 enthusiast with a basic knowledge of Web3.

**ENS名称:liw

**我想成为代表的原因:我喜欢并热衷于研究新事物

**我对拟议的 ENS 章程每一部分的看法:实践出真知

• 名称所有权是绝对权利:同意
  • 注册费作为一种激励机制存在:同意
  • 收入基金 ENS 和其他公共物品:同意
  • ENS 与全局命名空间集成:同意