ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: gretrod.eth

Reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

Participating in this initiative is like being part of the web boom back in the days. We all have heard the stories with happines and some nostalgy, so I want to feel the same when I talk about all of this in future years. Coming from a country where I had a lot of limitations and now being able to live and grow in this era is quite unique for me and family. I want to be able to learn about what is happening in the tech world now and in near future and convey it to others that donā€™t have the same privilege

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 815
-Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) : Agree
-Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) : Comment>> Should ensure the volatility is not that impactful
-Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) : Agree
-ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment): Agree

My web3 qualifications/skils
Iā€™m computer science engineer and have been deeveloping my career in Product and Strategy across 3 countries. Being close to new technologies has been the best way for me to connect both worlds and create opportunities while developing new products. Iā€™m a heavy learner and in this phase of my life, Iā€™m following this revolution really closelly, while trying to fastrack opp for the future. At my job, I have worked with the Bitcoin Lab team, launching specific sequence of masterclasses for all the Digital Division to expand the knowledge in this are. Also, Iā€™m learning by experimenting as Iā€™m currrently working on 1)building content for beginners to democratize know-how (in Spanish) / 2) Creating an online course to be launched in LatAm and 3)Building a consulting firm with international footprint.

Iā€™m not an expert at all, but Iā€™ve been able to detecct amazing people around me that help me maintain ccurrent and relevant on what is happening now and what might be next.

Continuing the discussion from ENS DAO Delegate Applications:

ENS name: flynncx.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe I can represent the people and listen to what they want. Whether is be companies or whales to artists, creators, or investors.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Have been involved with web 3 since the early summer. I know a little bit of solidity and can read code. Most importantly I know many people in the space and have made great connections to be helpful.

ENS name: vakgadde.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: For the last 2-3 years, I have been following how Ethereum is innovating the world through DeFi, Web3, NFTā€™s, GameFi, etc. Every week thereā€™s something new and a lot to learn. I believe as a delegator on behalf of people who delegate to me, I can go through every proposal and make fair decisions that would help ENS and its community. Iā€™m a huge believer of Ethereum and its projects, and will be available every day few hours to people who wants to chat via Twitter, Discord and Telegram which are on my ENS text records.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 827

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) : Agree, but I have few concerns regarding when a wallet gets hacked and users lose access to their ENS names. ENS governance should create a way for users to recover their ENS names when their accounts are hacked.

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) : Agree, But a limit should be set on how much cap a treasury can reach. As Ethereum value grows and ENS fee accumulate. We donā€™t want ENS treasure to be in billions or even trillions. There should be cap and everything above should be airdropped to ENS domain holders.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment): Agree

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) : Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Academically, I have Masters Degrees in Computer Engineering and Information Technology with coding skills. Apart from that I read and reach new papers produced every week related to Ethereum and layer 2 protocols. Been in crypto since 2017 and long term Eth believer.

spw.eth

Iā€™m passionate about Web3, identity and sovereignty. Iā€™d be honored to contribute to the ENS DAO.

Yes, name ownership is a right. I agree.
Yes, registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism. I agree.
Yes, income funds ENS and other public goods. I agree.

I am a professional writer and have been covering the prospects and uses of Web3 since 2017, for Breaker magazine, and also in my book, Blockchain: The Next Everything (Scribner, 2019). I am an NFT collector and also a partner in the nascent Evertunes (generative music NFTs) and in publishing literary NFTs. I am a designer and thinker, strategist and dreamer.

ENS name: marcjohnson.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™m passionate about web3, and have the time, effort, and energy to help bring web2 users to discover ENS and web3. I would like to participate and contribute towards the initiatives of web3 and decentralization by promoting the foundations of equity through delegation.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: IPFS | Ceramic | Solidity | Hardhat | EthersJS | Infura | The Graph

ENS name: WholesomeCrypto.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS is shaping our future in web3. We need as many active delegates to have a diverse group that would lead whats to come. This is our chance to create a new world together in a decentralized fashion. I want to contribute to this world and be a voice for those who did not get a chance to participate.

My web3 qualifications / skills:
Iā€™ve been following crypto since 2013 and seen itā€™s roller coaster ride of growth. My goal now is to share what I have learned and create a more unified community.
I also have experience in audio and video editing. Therefore I can contribute in content creation for the ENS community.

== ENS name ==

camchis.eth

== My reasons for wanting to be a delegate ==

Please give my Tweet some love :heart:

I am a big believer in the future of web3 and leaving centralized platforms in the past. ENS is a key part of web3 infrastructure and will be the face of every web3 user. I think we have an insane opportunity here to build a better internet and I would love to contribute and help bring it to the first billion users.

Identity and specifically ENS already does and will continue to play a vital role in web3. We all currently have online identities but we have never had the opportunity to actually own and take control of our online identities until ENS. Twitter owns our Twitter usernames, they can remove your whole identity from their platform and furthermore a Twitter username is only really useful on Twitter and if your Twitter username is taken on another platform then you will have to use a different identity, we need uniformity.

Personal identity is a fundamental human right and ENS is a public good, I believe everyone in the world should be able to own an ENS name representing their online identity and never have to worry about not being in control of that identity.

Furthermore, I am a huge supporter of Sign in with Ethereum, the login interface of web3, ENS are helping to build this and integrate with it.

== My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 104 ==

Name ownership is an absolute right - Agree

ENS governance should have no ability to prevent someone from registering/renewing/transferring a name.

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism - Agree

There is already a problem with ā€œsquattersā€ registering speculative names in the hopes of being able to sell them in the future however, registration fees are a good first step in preventing this.

Income funds ENS and other public goods - Agree

I think being a public good itself, ENS should also support other public goods and teams within web3.
If the web3 space grows, so will ENS.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace - Agree

This is vital for mainstream adoption of .eth

== My web3 qualifications / skills ==

• Gained interest in the space in 2017 and have been actively participating in many communities since then
  • Have moderated in many crypto communities and beta tested many platforms/products
  • Took a year out of uni to work on frontend at Monolith
  • Basic Solidity knowledge and currently learning Rust + Anchor
  • Planning to write my dissertation on web3/Ethereum
1 Like

ENS name: defirmware.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
I work at a Protocol that uses ENS almost every day. If I become a delegate Iā€™ll be able to make useful proposals and constructive criticism based on my day to day experience.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment):
    Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment):
    Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment):
    Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment):
    Agree

I work at an NFT Protocol, frequent user of multiple DAOs and Exchanges.

ENS name: boyang.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™ve been developing on Ethereum since 2017. Ethereum never failed me and Iā€™m committed to play an active role in the community. Participating in ENS DAO is one of the ways to contribute, among others

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Strongly Agree

I have 8 yrs of experience as a fullstack developer

I was one of the developer for one of the earliest decentralized exchange dex.top
I also built the NFT platform starrynift.art
My other projects including https://matrix.co Bitsoda (offline) metaworld.app
I also play with WebGL in leisure time: https://p12.network

Iā€™m based in Singapore and speaks Chinese, English, and Japanese

ENS Name: xotwod.eth

My reason for wanting to be delegate is to play an active role in an emerging blockchain project that has upside potential on web solutions in the future. I am passionate about technology.

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree)

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Disagree)

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have Cisco (certified) networking experience and Cloud certified (AWS and GCP). I have experience building cloud solutions and blockchain applications with AWS. Some solidity experience, experience with marketing and business intelligence. I have years developing web and mobile applications with web tools and frameworks.

ENS name: binary.eth

I used ENS since Jun 2017 and then participated in name auction in Oct 2019. ENS is one of my most favorite projects on Ethereum

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

• Protocol & Dapp design, TopBidder - a NFT radical auction protocol core designer
  • Web3py, Ethereum-ETL & Data Analysis
  • Token economic system designer

ENS name: endangeredtokens.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe in a decentralized future, where economies are driven by independent and sustainable ecosystems in which executors, users, investors, stakeholders and beneficiaries collaborate in the value added to accomplish complex tasks. I really think that through ENS it could be a way of fostering this type of economy within web3 and the internet.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree. We should think about what responsability comes along with this right, as there is no proper right without proper responsability.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree, right incentives bring healthy ecosystems. We should think together about where else to set the correct incentives to direct ENS and WEB3 towards the right direction. Fees within ENS is just the start, but tokenomics is the more profound way of constructing an advance system of right incentives for the ENS ecosystem.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree, and also fund actions. There should be a percentage of income that go directly towards good will actions that makes the world to a better place. For example a DAO Voted Community fund for different charities or Socially responsible projects.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree, we should try to accomplish this, but as of today if I understand correctly the ICANN holds the internet Global Names Centralization, so our actions should go toward ensuring this principle.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Economy studies, Tokenomics applications, incentives designer. I am a hydraulics engineer with vast experience in numerical modelling which grants me a critical thinking tool for analysing complex data. Along with that, working with water has helped me see the importance in collaboration among communities within an ecosystem, I believe that applies within web3 ecosystems too. I have study about escrows and solidity but have not compiled any smart contract yet. I rather understand the basics and think beyond the box focusing more about whatā€™s possible with tokenomics and incentives rather than compiling a program. I truly believe we should bring classic philosophy and linguistic principles towards the development of web3 that in my opinion is going to be the foundations of the next millenia politics and economic freedom.

1 Like

ENS name: kesef.eth

Iā€™m incredibly passionate about the potential of Web3, DAOs, NFTs and especially ENSā€”as I think ENS services are the key in making crypto accessible to the general public. I think Iā€™d be a good choice to serve as an ENS delegate due to the my diverse skillset. Iā€™m an active participant in many communities (both online and offline) and routinely engage with people from all different backgrounds. As a delegate Iā€™d be able bring a perspective from a wide range of people as well as serve as a representative to their best interests. I believe Iā€™m a quick learner, friendly, and expert in making corny ā€œDad jokes.ā€œ

(ex: Why did the NFT owner bump into the wall?

A: He kept looking at the the floor)

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

• I agree, but I also feel that registration fees shouldnā€™t serve as a deterrent for people to obtain an ENS name. I think if someone canā€™t afford one, there should be a mechanism for them to receive one.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

I started my career as web developer 7 years ago before shifting to cybersecurity last year. However for the past 10 months Iā€™ve been enamored with all things Web3. Iā€™ve gone through ā€Learning Solidity with CryptoZombiesā€ and spend much of my free time learning about the space.

Iā€™ve worked as an instructor in both web development and cybersecurity, and believe it has prepared me for a potential delegate role as Iā€™m able to make complex concepts easily digestible for others. I also enjoy writing => aitzal.medium.com

Web3 and ENS are in my DNA, and it would be an honor to serve as a delegate!

ENS name: jvanhorsen.eth

What I lack in raw web3 technical knowledge, I make up for in leadership, professional experience and a prolific desire for holistic design and problem-solving. This is a project that needs strong minds behind it, to not only help shape and direct its evolution, but who possess the vision, to not only see what it can become, but have both the technical understanding, and forward thinking strategy to take it where it needs to go.

I think I would be a strong delegate, and would work hard to both represent the thoughts and ideas of the ENS community, as well as be willing to make the difficult decisions that would be best for the mass adoption of this standard, that may not always align 100% with the demands of the vocal minority.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree)

Iā€™ve been involved in the web space since '96 when I first began to learn HTML & CSS. Since that time I have never stopped learning web technologies, and creating experiences in the space. Blockchain technologies first caught my attention about 6 years ago, with the launch of Ethereum, and the idea of smart contracts and DApps. Iā€™ve been following closely every since.

Earlier this year I learned of ENS and immediately secured a domain recognizing the potential this service holds. I believe this is the future, and would love to be involved in helping shape its direction.

In terms of experience, I have launched my own nft project called The Hexd (thehexd.com), where I handled all aspects of the creation, development and deployment of the art, ipfs and contracts.

ENS name: inr.eth

We are a collective that is focused on helping India realize its full potential as a country. We believe web3 provides provides the right opportunity to address the structural inefficiencies plaguing the Indian economy and society, and ENS is the perfect foundational architecture that can help decentralize the way the country operates.

Through our role as an ENS delegate, we intend to -

1. promote the idea of a sovereign web3 identity to billions of Indians
  2. help Indian start-ups and business plug into the Ethereum ecosystem
  3. help the Indian tech community become more efficient in building products and raising capital at a global stage
  4. position ETH as a medium of exchange and value to support those who are currently bound by the limited global credibility and acceptance of Indian Rupee (INR)
  5. build relevant use cases and value proofs to work with the Indian Government and help them understand the societal benefits of tokenization and decentralized governance

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Bitcoin since 2014, Ethereum since 2016. Collective experience of working on web3/blockchain related matters with the Ethereum Foundation, Consensys, International Organizations and Public-Private Partnership platforms. Early degen on DeFi 1.0. Experimenting with DeFi 2.0. Currently building a health and wellness IRL to crypto game dApp, and planning to launch an NFT gallery and cafe in Goa in 2022.

1 Like

ENS name:
griff.eth

I love ENS. I even made an ENS How-to guide back in the day with Crypt0snews back in 2017:

I am a huge supporter of digital identity projects on ethereum, heavily involved in both BrightID and iden3, and I consider ENS to be in this category as well. I am excited to give back and support this critical Ethereum infrastructure.

• Name ownership is an absolute right:

Agreed.

We should keep this protocol simple and free of any discrimination, even if seemingly justified. If someone has a copyright on a name but someone else has their ens nameā€¦ thats just too badā€¦ itā€™s not worth jeopardizing the legitimacy of the overall system to fight for peopleā€™s IP ā€œrightsā€

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:

Agree 100%

Ideally ENS should use fees as a way to protect the protocol firstā€¦ It has reached a level of success at this point where the funding coming in is at an excess for what is needed and the protocol should function more similar to a non-profit foundation than a for-profit corporation.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods:

Strongly agree.

This is what made me want to jump in as a delegate. I am so excited to see ENS start to fund Public Goods in the web3 space and become a major player in this scene!

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace:

Agree.

Letā€™s make ENS an integral part of the Domain Name infrastructure! Of cousre, without sacrificing our core values.

Here is my delegate report card for Gitcoin, of which I am a top 5 delegate: https://www.daostewards.xyz/

Iā€™ve been a contributing member of the Ethereum community since 2015 & received a masters degree in Digital Currency in 2016.

As community manager for Slock.it and TheDAO, I helped form the community around TheDAO and led every angle of the crisis response effort following TheDAO Hack.

I co-founded the White Hat Group, which secured the at-risk funds (10% of the total supply of ETH) during TheDAO hack and one year later rescued $210 million dollars worth of crypto assets following the Parity Multisig Hack. I also audited Aragon and MakerDAO systems with the WHG.

In 2016, I co-founded Giveth, a donation platform similar to Gitcoin, we have 2 dapps that are focused on funding non-profit projects inside and outside of the web3 space.

I co-founded DAppNode in early 2018 to ensure the p2p world has true hardware decentralization.

I co-founded the Commons Stack in 2019. The Commons Stack is the natural progression of Givethā€™s efforts to build the future of giving from a Token Engineering perspective with a goal of creating Public Good focused economies. Our first Commons, the Token Engineering Commons, is very close to launch.

I have contributed to dozens of other projects as well, most notably, iden3, Hermez, and brightID and continue to support all 3 in an advisory capacity.

I also lead 2 crypto focused burning man camps :wink: Look me up in 2022

4 Likes

ENS name: spencecoin.eth

Iā€™d like to be an ENS delegate because Iā€™ve observed governance for years in this industry and have participated but not to the fullest extent. Most of the governance in this space has been for DeFi-related things and Iā€™m not generally well-versed on deep financial mechanics and didnā€™t feel like I knew enough to contribute. I feel the opposite with ENS.

Iā€™m bullish on ENS. Iā€™m a user, Iā€™m tapped into the space, and I understand why having decentralized, human-readable namespaces is imperative for adoption.

Iā€™m bullish, however Iā€™m not a blind bull. Having an ENS name, while extremely useful, comes with privacy and anonymity considerations. I have oftentimes been a proponent of using ENS in a healthy manner and promoting good security hygiene, of which I may have more opportunities to do if Iā€™m a delegate.

Lastly, I understand what it means to introduce a token to a community. I understand the greed that can come with it and the blaring noise thatā€™s introduced by all the token holders who only care about the price, and only care about introducing or voting on governance proposals that have the potential to increase their bottom line. I believe I can steer things away from that, and in the right direction.

TL;DR: ENS is something I feel I have a deep understanding of and I believe that being a delegate will result in positive outcomes - not only for the protocol but for myself with a new, unique experience!

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 828:

Agree. Anything else would go against the nature of decentralization.

Agree. ā€œIncentiveā€ may not be the best word, as itā€™s an incentive to not speculate - itā€™s more of an anti-incentive. It may be better to refer to registration fees as economic mechanisms (positive mechanism for ENS DAO in terms of funding, positive mechanism for regulation and discouraging speculation).

RE: what is/isnā€™t permissible: In general, the fewer times that the price is changed at all, the better. However, if/when prices are changed, it should always be a sweeping change for all.

Agree. The long-term viability of ENS is of course the primary goal, and beyond that, the goal should be to enable other open-source builders and public goods to provide more beneficial protocols to the Ethereum industry.

Agree. As long as decentralization isnā€™t compromised, full speed ahead.

Iā€™ve been working in Ethereum since early 2017 (full time since late 2017) at MEW/MyCrypto - coming up on five years pretty soon, which feels like a lifetime.

I bought ENS domains the day that the protocol launched in May 2017.

Iā€™ve worked for projects that integrated ENS extremely early (MEW/MyCrypto might have even been the first) and Iā€™ve been friends with many of the ENS team for years.

Lastly, Iā€™m not a developer, Iā€™m a communicator.

2 Likes

Pithika.eth

As a college student of philosophy, literature, religion and psychoanalysis, language plays a critical role in the way i relate to the world. I consider the relationship between human beings and their words to be incredibly understated in our modern life. The way ENS allows one to establish ownership over the language that shapes them inspires me and I would love to be a part of it.

Agree
Agree
Agree
Agree

Basic Web3 operating skills

ENS name: brantly.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am passionate about ENS, have been on the core ENS team for almost three years, and now would like to contribute to DAO governance.

Agree. This is a core advantage that a blockchain-based naming system has over traditional DNS (in which self-custody of a name isnā€™t possible due to its technical architecture)

Agree. Fees exist to help the namespace by regulating it and should not be used for short-sighted value extraction.

Agree. The treasury should be re-invested firstly into development, maintenance, and promotion of ENS itself; secondly into the ENS ecosystem (by which I mean projects that are building tools and service for ENS specifically, not just projects that use ENS); and only after both of those things are well funded start looking outside to other web3 public goods

Agree. This is absolutely critical, for the good of users and the long-term viability of the ENS project. Yes, it might seem nice to add more TLDs in the short-term, but weā€™d be creating unnecessary problems in the long-term.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have been involved in one way or another in crypto since early 2013 and Iā€™ve been a member of the core ENS team since January 2019.

Extra note: While Iā€™d be happy to be your delegate, I also strongly encourage people to consider delegating to other competent people, of which there are many!

9 Likes