ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: jvanhorsen.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

What I lack in raw web3 technical knowledge, I make up for in leadership, professional experience and a prolific desire for holistic design and problem-solving. This is a project that needs strong minds behind it, to not only help shape and direct its evolution, but who possess the vision, to not only see what it can become, but have both the technical understanding, and forward thinking strategy to take it where it needs to go.

I think I would be a strong delegate, and would work hard to both represent the thoughts and ideas of the ENS community, as well as be willing to make the difficult decisions that would be best for the mass adoption of this standard, that may not always align 100% with the demands of the vocal minority.

Thanks for your consideration.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills:

Iā€™ve been involved in the web space since '96 when I first began to learn HTML & CSS. Since that time I have never stopped learning web technologies, and creating experiences in the space. Blockchain technologies first caught my attention about 6 years ago, with the launch of Ethereum, and the idea of smart contracts and DApps. Iā€™ve been following closely every since.

Earlier this year I learned of ENS and immediately secured a domain recognizing the potential this service holds. I believe this is the future, and would love to be involved in helping shape its direction.

In terms of experience, I have launched my own nft project called The Hexd (thehexd.com), where I handled all aspects of the creation, development and deployment of the art, ipfs and contracts.

ENS name: inr.eth

We are a collective that is focused on helping India realize its full potential as a country. We believe web3 provides provides the right opportunity to address the structural inefficiencies plaguing the Indian economy and society, and ENS is the perfect foundational architecture that can help decentralize the way the country operates.

Through our role as an ENS delegate, we intend to -

1. promote the idea of a sovereign web3 identity to billions of Indians
  2. help Indian start-ups and business plug into the Ethereum ecosystem
  3. help the Indian tech community become more efficient in building products and raising capital at a global stage
  4. position ETH as a medium of exchange and value to support those who are currently bound by the limited global credibility and acceptance of Indian Rupee (INR)
  5. build relevant use cases and value proofs to work with the Indian Government and help them understand the societal benefits of tokenization and decentralized governance

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Bitcoin since 2014, Ethereum since 2016. Collective experience of working on web3/blockchain related matters with the Ethereum Foundation, Consensys, International Organizations and Public-Private Partnership platforms. Early degen on DeFi 1.0. Experimenting with DeFi 2.0. Currently building a health and wellness IRL to crypto game dApp, and planning to launch an NFT gallery and cafe in Goa in 2022.

1 Like

ENS name:
griff.eth

I love ENS. I even made an ENS How-to guide back in the day with Crypt0snews back in 2017:

I am a huge supporter of digital identity projects on ethereum, heavily involved in both BrightID and iden3, and I consider ENS to be in this category as well. I am excited to give back and support this critical Ethereum infrastructure.

• Name ownership is an absolute right:

Agreed.

We should keep this protocol simple and free of any discrimination, even if seemingly justified. If someone has a copyright on a name but someone else has their ens nameā€¦ thats just too badā€¦ itā€™s not worth jeopardizing the legitimacy of the overall system to fight for peopleā€™s IP ā€œrightsā€

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:

Agree 100%

Ideally ENS should use fees as a way to protect the protocol firstā€¦ It has reached a level of success at this point where the funding coming in is at an excess for what is needed and the protocol should function more similar to a non-profit foundation than a for-profit corporation.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods:

Strongly agree.

This is what made me want to jump in as a delegate. I am so excited to see ENS start to fund Public Goods in the web3 space and become a major player in this scene!

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace:

Agree.

Letā€™s make ENS an integral part of the Domain Name infrastructure! Of cousre, without sacrificing our core values.

Here is my delegate report card for Gitcoin, of which I am a top 5 delegate: https://www.daostewards.xyz/

Iā€™ve been a contributing member of the Ethereum community since 2015 & received a masters degree in Digital Currency in 2016.

As community manager for Slock.it and TheDAO, I helped form the community around TheDAO and led every angle of the crisis response effort following TheDAO Hack.

I co-founded the White Hat Group, which secured the at-risk funds (10% of the total supply of ETH) during TheDAO hack and one year later rescued $210 million dollars worth of crypto assets following the Parity Multisig Hack. I also audited Aragon and MakerDAO systems with the WHG.

In 2016, I co-founded Giveth, a donation platform similar to Gitcoin, we have 2 dapps that are focused on funding non-profit projects inside and outside of the web3 space.

I co-founded DAppNode in early 2018 to ensure the p2p world has true hardware decentralization.

I co-founded the Commons Stack in 2019. The Commons Stack is the natural progression of Givethā€™s efforts to build the future of giving from a Token Engineering perspective with a goal of creating Public Good focused economies. Our first Commons, the Token Engineering Commons, is very close to launch.

I have contributed to dozens of other projects as well, most notably, iden3, Hermez, and brightID and continue to support all 3 in an advisory capacity.

I also lead 2 crypto focused burning man camps :wink: Look me up in 2022

4 Likes

ENS name: spencecoin.eth

Iā€™d like to be an ENS delegate because Iā€™ve observed governance for years in this industry and have participated but not to the fullest extent. Most of the governance in this space has been for DeFi-related things and Iā€™m not generally well-versed on deep financial mechanics and didnā€™t feel like I knew enough to contribute. I feel the opposite with ENS.

Iā€™m bullish on ENS. Iā€™m a user, Iā€™m tapped into the space, and I understand why having decentralized, human-readable namespaces is imperative for adoption.

Iā€™m bullish, however Iā€™m not a blind bull. Having an ENS name, while extremely useful, comes with privacy and anonymity considerations. I have oftentimes been a proponent of using ENS in a healthy manner and promoting good security hygiene, of which I may have more opportunities to do if Iā€™m a delegate.

Lastly, I understand what it means to introduce a token to a community. I understand the greed that can come with it and the blaring noise thatā€™s introduced by all the token holders who only care about the price, and only care about introducing or voting on governance proposals that have the potential to increase their bottom line. I believe I can steer things away from that, and in the right direction.

TL;DR: ENS is something I feel I have a deep understanding of and I believe that being a delegate will result in positive outcomes - not only for the protocol but for myself with a new, unique experience!

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 828:

Agree. Anything else would go against the nature of decentralization.

Agree. ā€œIncentiveā€ may not be the best word, as itā€™s an incentive to not speculate - itā€™s more of an anti-incentive. It may be better to refer to registration fees as economic mechanisms (positive mechanism for ENS DAO in terms of funding, positive mechanism for regulation and discouraging speculation).

RE: what is/isnā€™t permissible: In general, the fewer times that the price is changed at all, the better. However, if/when prices are changed, it should always be a sweeping change for all.

Agree. The long-term viability of ENS is of course the primary goal, and beyond that, the goal should be to enable other open-source builders and public goods to provide more beneficial protocols to the Ethereum industry.

Agree. As long as decentralization isnā€™t compromised, full speed ahead.

Iā€™ve been working in Ethereum since early 2017 (full time since late 2017) at MEW/MyCrypto - coming up on five years pretty soon, which feels like a lifetime.

I bought ENS domains the day that the protocol launched in May 2017.

Iā€™ve worked for projects that integrated ENS extremely early (MEW/MyCrypto might have even been the first) and Iā€™ve been friends with many of the ENS team for years.

Lastly, Iā€™m not a developer, Iā€™m a communicator.

2 Likes

Pithika.eth

As a college student of philosophy, literature, religion and psychoanalysis, language plays a critical role in the way i relate to the world. I consider the relationship between human beings and their words to be incredibly understated in our modern life. The way ENS allows one to establish ownership over the language that shapes them inspires me and I would love to be a part of it.

Agree
Agree
Agree
Agree

Basic Web3 operating skills

ENS name: brantly.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am passionate about ENS, have been on the core ENS team for almost three years, and now would like to contribute to DAO governance.

Agree. This is a core advantage that a blockchain-based naming system has over traditional DNS (in which self-custody of a name isnā€™t possible due to its technical architecture)

Agree. Fees exist to help the namespace by regulating it and should not be used for short-sighted value extraction.

Agree. The treasury should be re-invested firstly into development, maintenance, and promotion of ENS itself; secondly into the ENS ecosystem (by which I mean projects that are building tools and service for ENS specifically, not just projects that use ENS); and only after both of those things are well funded start looking outside to other web3 public goods

Agree. This is absolutely critical, for the good of users and the long-term viability of the ENS project. Yes, it might seem nice to add more TLDs in the short-term, but weā€™d be creating unnecessary problems in the long-term.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have been involved in one way or another in crypto since early 2013 and Iā€™ve been a member of the core ENS team since January 2019.

Extra note: While Iā€™d be happy to be your delegate, I also strongly encourage people to consider delegating to other competent people, of which there are many!

9 Likes

ENS name: 0xnsks.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I really would like to become a part of ENS DAO and support the community and ENS in general. Iā€™d also want to help it be more scalable and reachable to many more consumers.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I know very basic web3 and constantly learning and upskilling myself. I also have experience in designing and building crypto finTech products.

ENS name: llc.lexdao.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: We believe ENS can become a public good not only for Ethereum users making financial transactions with better UX, but can also form the backend for a new legal commons. We will be strong advocates for building ENS into the meta layer for web3 legal systems.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: We have been long-time users of the Ethereum blockchain to host our legal agreements and execute commitments. We are a DAO of legal engineers with international representation that develop and deploy Ethereum smart contracts to automate business operations. Our delegate application, llc.lexdao.eth, is a Delaware series LLC hosted in a 3/5 gnosis multi-sig that currently administers escrows and our certification NFTs.

1 Like

ENS name: kool.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am interested in taking part in DAO governance, specifically within the Ethereum ecosystem

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
    Like any other digital good, a username should be under the complete control and ownership of itā€™s respective owner. As someone who has been involved in the ā€œOGā€ username & domain community across many different platforms, Iā€™m eager for the days where ENS domains become a standard across the web.

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree

I think this is an important thing for ENS, and Ethereum development in general. I think standardization is important.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Similar to many people here, Iā€™ve been involved in the cryptosphere since 2013 and more deeply involved within the Ethereum ecosystem since 2016. Iā€™m a developer with experience building out web3 web applications. Iā€™m excited about ENS and the network & community that has organically grown around it.

ENS name: koploseus.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Iā€™m a Web3 believer , iā€™m already taking part in other DAO. I truly believe in DAO and decentralization.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have advanced web3/solidity skills. Iā€™m also a security researcher , I take part in the reflections and decisions in the DAOs as soon as possible. I have been in cryptocurrency for 6 years now.

1 Like

ENS name: icaptain.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: i am a 10K NFT Chinese discuss community owner. and i am one of first people, who tell everyone should get own name on ethereum. not your name, not your identity.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree,

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3 skills.

ENS name: wijuwiju.eth

Agree with proposed constitution

My web3 qualifications / skills: read/write code, follow twitter space, read governance forums and discord history

ENS name: backstreetboy.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a programmer in web development. I want to be a delegate because I intent to develop and promote new web3 environment for future networking. In fact, ENS is one important project to prompting web3 environment.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have a plenty of various programmer language skill such c++, java, python. I am passion at develop web3 program related to ETH chain

ENS name: bitcoinyy.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe I can represent the people and listen to what they want. Whether is be companies or whales to artists, creators, or investors.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 17

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.
My web3 qualifications / skills: I know a little bit of solidity and can read code. Most importantly I know many people in the space and have made great connections to be helpful.

ENS name: suripatel.eth

Reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS to make it as durable, robust, accessible and scalable as possible.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications/skills:** I have basic web3/solidity skills.

ENS name: kksk.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: The reason I want to be a representative is that I can radiate to 5-10 people, and I have the ability to pass advanced and excellent cases to more people.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have been following and participating in the construction of WEB3.0. I have my own cryptocurrency mining company investing in an incubation company. I will also look at the code. I believe I can better preach for web3.0.

ENS name: brash.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the growth of the ENS community and help build ENS into the standard identity layer for Web3 and the decentralized world

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree ENS ownership should be immutable and not subject to discrimination of any kind
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree ENS should be inclusive and at the same time encourage true ownership instead of speculation
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree ENS should contribute to the inception and growth of further projects and DAOs that will further Web3
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree Global namespace integration should further usability and help bring ENS into the mainstream

My web3 qualifications / skills: Iā€™m an active contributor to Web3 communities, DeFi participant, early collector of NFTs and investor in several prominent Web3 projects

ENS name: dhadrien.sismo.eth

As the founder of Sismo, I will be a delegate that builds on ENS and brings additional value to the protocol.

Sismo builds up your Ethereum profile (ENS) with anonymised attestations created from your other accounts.

In the first release of our product, we will require users to possess an ENS name - if they donā€™t have one, we will give them one for free. We are building an ens-centric product (and not an address-centric product)

We already launched the first ENS Subdomain DAO - In Sismo DAO, every member has a .sismo.eth subdomain.

• We initially distributed 500 memberships (= 500 ENS subdomains distributed for free)
  • Find the v1 contract that we used to distribute those domains 0x4e4A5dB7dbf95C689c95382E2031561730F3b5D6.
  • We will deploy a better v2 version in the coming days.
  • We just open-sourced the suite of contracts (github[dot]com/sismo-core/ens-sdao) to allow other projects to do like us: create a Subdomain DAO (SDAO), distributing Subdomains for its members. We took inspiration from openzeppelin and built a set of modular extensions and presets so it can fit your project.
  • We held the first ENS election ever! We had snapshot votes (snapshot[dot]org/#/sismo.eth) where 1 subdomain = 1 vote.

On a personal note, I am a long-time supporter of ENS, and I have been periodically registering names for more than 4 years. I also participate regularly in ā€œSign-in With Ethereumā€ Community Calls.

I am convinced that ENS + Wallet is the beginning of the DID standard that everybody is waiting for.
Observing artists and young generations get onboarded through NFTs, ENS, and sign-in with Ethereum on Opensea and other platforms has been a pivotal shift that convinced me to kickstart Sismo and work for the future of onchain profiles.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
    In my opinion, it is required, even though it is always a pain to see first movers getting unfair advantages.
    A bit like with theDAO fork that lead to Ethereum Classic vs Ethereum, I think it is ok to ā€œpunishā€ squatters that did not respect the initial intent of ENS by not airdropping them tokens or potentially removing ownership of some of their domains but this should never happen again.
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
    I think this is a great model, fees should be a registration control parameter first.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: -
    I think there is a lot to do for the adoption of Ethereum login and Ethereum profiles and also a lot to build to have better, more private ENS profiles. I would push to fund ENS-related projects.

My web3 qualifications/skills:

I have been coding smart contracts since 2015 (before frontier)
I founded VariabL, a DeFi project in 2016 (RIP 2018)
I worked as a smart contract dev for Aave (2020-2021). I was focused on Governance and protocol, published protocol changes to Aave smart contracts via onchain governance proposals.
Founder at Sismo: ZK attestations on ENS profiles.
For Sismo I did exhaustive research on all ENS contracts (especially the incoming release nameWrapper). I have also started to take a look at L2/multichain ENS strategies.

I will try my best to be worthy of your trust!

3 Likes

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS to make it as durable, robust, accessible and scalable as possible, with the goal of making it the Web3 standard for naming.

**My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

**My web3 qualifications / skills:I have basic knowledge Web3. recently started to learn more and more about domain ENS DAO Delegate, also is a long term investor for cryptocurrecy

ENS name: timhc22.eth

Having been in the space for a long while, I have seen the importance of systems such as ens for growing the wider ecosystem. This became most apparent to me when I was helping run an NFT gallery and was explaining POAPs to people. I realised that, without an ens domain, claiming a POAP was a long winded, 4 step process, involving navigating backwards and forwards between phone apps, and copying long wallet addresses. With ens, The process was reduced to simply remembering your ens name, typing it in and clicking claim. This system is vital to the growth of the ethereum ecosystem, just as domain names have been vital to the growth of the internet (and maybe how whatthreewords will be vital to the metaverse). I have also contributed to the github libraries for ens (@timhc22), and would still like to see Typescript compatibility fully integrated into the libraries. I have also helped people to set up ENS domains for themselves, and understand the process of what needs to be changed and at what point when transferring a domain to someone else. I also began building this project: https://web3.homes/ with the hope of being able to help people who wanted to sign up, but lacked the technical capabilities (in exchange for an optional donation).

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 887

Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree, but a lot of people donā€™t realise that the fees are there to prevent domain squatting.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Web Developer, Community Manager

1 Like