ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: kn00t.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

I am seeking for ways to take responsibility for the tools I create as
an information technology researcher and therefore I put myself forward
to help building the number assignment clearinghouse of the Web3.

For decades now we observe and endure rising inequality, stagnation and the
manifestaton of the data sharing economy caused by just a few initial
design flaws:

In 1998 the pioneering, voluntary work of Jon Postel was replaced by a
private non-profit company to henceforth coordinate the assignment of
names (TLDs) to numbers (IP addresses).

Imagine how the internet would look like today, if we had DAOs in place
at that time to make coordinated, informed and joint decisions about
named entities.

Wallets can wrap almost everything now. Tokens (ā€œprogrammable moneyā€)
and smart contracts codify and efficiently scale trust and define social
identity for humans.

Postelā€™s robustness principle: ā€œBe liberal in what you accept, and
conservative in what you sendā€ when applied for governance tokens almost
seems like trivially true: His ingenious insight when combined with
decentralized, crypto-native technology can eventually be turned into
flexible, interoperable, scalable and community-owned (naming) systems.

Letā€™s begin to decentralize the allocation of names to wallet adresses.
Letā€™s build a cross-chain naming system for people to navigate the
Metaverse. Letā€™s proof Postelā€™s principle right.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:

I am a technology-driven social individual. I aquired some technical
skills along the way. I worked in IT infrastructure and research data
projects for several years, followed by medical data interoperability
work and data-driven research for medical technology, tumor research,
microscopy and the humanities. I recently founded Alas DAO to advance
education as a public good with focus on STEAM education (science,
technology, arts, engineering and math) for children and teenagers from
disadvantaged backgrounds.

1 Like

ENS name:beanpiece.eht

i think many web3 service, and dapp service needed service. i am a export that section.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills: user experience skill, product Manager

ENS name:pinode.eth

i think many web3 service, and dapp service needed service. i am a export that section.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills: user experience skill, DAO delegate,community mvps are given to people who are active within community, help others, understand ENS

ENS name: forefrontdao.eth

This application represents Forefront DAO and our contributors, who have voted unanimously to apply to be a delegate. Our interest in becoming a delegate comes from our strongly aligned mission with ENS. As ENS works to build a truly decentralized global identity platform, our mission at Forefront is to provide the port of entry to web3 for all of those people who choose to participate in it.

In addition to overlapping missions, we have and want to continue to have strong ties to ENS as organizations. We believe deeply in the approach ENS is taking towards community ownership and stewardship of the steps that will ensure the future we build is better than what came before. That is the same approach we are taking to paving clear paths to important projects in web3. ENS core contributors have been and continue to be active core contributors at Forefront, and this application reflects our desire to pay that contribution forward as this ecosystem continues to develop.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 902

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Over the past year Forefront has built the port of entry to web3. We do that via a number of products, including Forefront Market which curates the leading token projects and provides a number of key insights on each to our community. Weā€™ve also built Forefront Learn, a set of courses to onboard thousands of new people to the possibilities that this new system enables. Our newsletter and content reaches tens of thousands of people per week and over the coming months we will have several exciting new ventures to help achieve our mission.

As a DAO we have onboarded thousands of members into our Discord, as well as 30 core contributors across a number of guilds. Forefront brings a strong reputation and expertise to the table and has a diverse community which is composed of members of many tokenized communities in the space, including FWB, Seed Club, Whale, and Rally.

1 Like

My motivation for being a delegate rests solely on a desire to contribute to a protocol I believe has vital importance to the Ethereum community. As social adoption increases there will be no difference between that community and the global community of individuals who seek to explore more functional models of social organization. ENS provides an invaluable service to the Ethereum community and I think that the problems ENS holders will confront will have broad spanning implications in global conversations concerning digital identity.

l. Name ownership shall not be infringed. /Agree

Publicly verifiable ownership rests at the cornerstone of DLTs. .eth names are technically an ā€œassetā€ and protecting users rights to hold and use those assets as they see fit is something that ENS has been successfully doing for years. It makes sense that this is the first Article in the ENS constitution as it is the fundamental value proposition of the Ethereum Naming Service. I think that upholding and protecting the first article of the constitution will be of primary importance for the future of ENS as a viable alternative to centralized services.

ll. Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism. /Disagree

While I think that fees act as a primary layer of defense for potential abuse of the ENS I disagree that they that they are the primary reason to charge fees for the services that ENS provides.

1. Deter users from abusing the ENS for speculative reasons.

2.Compensation for the individuals who make ENS a reality now and in the future.

3.Building a robust and secure platform that can offer users a reliable way to interact with the Web3 namespace.

All three are of equal importance to me as someone who has an interest in ENS governance and the future of global social organization. ENS is a service and service providers should be compensated for the value they offer their users. While I donā€™t agree with the current wording of article 2, I strongly agree that fees are a vital component to protecting the integrity of ENS in a broader sense.

III. Income funds ENS and other public goods. Agree /Disagree

I agree wholeheartedly that revenue generated by ENS should be used to maintain and protect the services provided by ENS. Whether this is team compensation, gitcoin grants or payment for services that make ENS possible (hosting services,audits, team development), all are appropriate uses of funds.

As it is currently defined, a ā€œpublic goodā€ consists of having non-rivalrous and non-excludable qualities. While I consider multiple publicly accessible services ( Ethereum, IPFS,ENS) to be public goods, the technical definition of ā€œpublic goodā€ excludes all three. Definitions are important, even more so when they are articles of a constitution and I think that phrasing and verbiage should be built to last. I would suggest changing ā€œpublic goodā€ to an alternative that has a broader definition.(publicworks,digital infrastructure etcā€¦.)

I have no issues with the idea that ENS could use revenue to fund development of publicly accessible services as along as there exists a robust treasury to ensure the security and future of ENS.

IV. ENS Integrates with the global namespace. Agree

I think that this is the most exciting article in the proposed constitution, the global namespace is yet to be clearly defined and I believe services like ENS and IPFS will be pivotal in creating functional frameworks for how public spaces are defined not only in Web3 but in a global context that is not dependent on boarders or political/ideological frameworks.

V. Amendments to this constitution by majority vote.

I personally think that Article V needs to be reworked to protect against the potential issues that result from a publicly traded governance token. While tokenized governance is a remarkable social structure being explored on public networks, it has not yet created a robust ethical framework to protect against majority interest being controlled by small wealthy groups of individuals. While the majority of available tokens have been set aside for the Airdrop there is no provision to protect against a third party acquiring a controlling interest in the ENS D.A.O. through secondary markets.

I personally think that there should be a provision limiting voting rights of a party that acquired a majority share of voting power through secondary markets. An example being that if a party where to acquire a majority of tokens their voting power would be limited to the top delegates voting power or some other provision to protect against potential governance attacks.

Majority Vote is a functional model until those voting rights are traded openly on public markets. As it stands this article in the constitution will function as intended but the possibility for abuse arises and I believe the constitution should address that possibility from the very beginning.

User since 2017, active since 2019, spend all of my time researching and developing Web3

Thanks to @AvsA @adamscochran camchis trose and edzorg.eth for their delegate applications as they inspired me to write my own.

ENS Name
SmartDomain.eth

I built my first website 19 years ago. I was elated when it was featured on the evening news, but horrified by how bad my site looked on TV. In the years since Iā€™ve watched entrepreneurs thrive, political movements catch fire, technology transform our world. Iā€™ve also seen great ideas and entire movements crushed by governments and corporations. I want to be a delegate to the ENS DAO to protect both ENS and its users from governments, corporations, and anyone else who would seek to centralize or otherwise exert control over ENS domains, its users, or its partners.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agreeā€¦Strongly. Yes, there is a possibility that ENS domains and other blockchain domains will be used for purposes we all find distasteful or even reprehensible. However, once ENS takes away or tries to limit access or use of a domain, it is no longer a decentralized organization. This is a slippery slope that must be avoided. There will be bad actors, of course, this is still the web after all, but if we exert control over one domain, weā€™ll soon be asked to do the same for a second domain. Soon, and perhaps without knowing it, we may end up quashing a political movement in an oppressed country or ending the dreams of an Uber driver trying to beat the big companies at their own game. My hope is that the transparency of the blockchain and the integrity of this community will be powerful enough forces to dissuade and counter any threat.

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree. Fees should be used to keep domain speculation under control and to make sure that abandoned domains eventually become available for registration by the public. Fees need to remain reasonable though. Raising them too high makes them accessible to only individuals of means or companies with big budgets. Web3, at its best, is meant to democratize the web by making it accessible to everyone regardless of means.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree. Funds raised by ENS should be used to ensure the long-term success of ENS and to build features beneficial to users and to the growth of the system. Funds raised beyond these needs should be used for Web3 projects which benefit the public good and advance the mission of ENS.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree. ENS does not exist separate from DNSā€¦ENS exists alongside DNS. The two need to work together as we evolve from Web 2.0 to Web3.

My experience includes front-end development. SEO, internet marketing, and working as a journalist covering, among other topics, the internet of everything! Iā€™m an entrepreneur currently building a Web3-based business.

1 Like

ENS name: schlabach.eth

• We have a chance to ensure a fair and open namespace with ENS. Iā€™ve experienced the negatives of the legacy system (e.g. domains that I wanted were bid up after I looked at them) and I want to do everything I can to stop that from happening in web3.
  • I also believe I have the skills to communicate effectively and in easy-to-understand language that will help the community gain an understanding of the key issues facing the ENS protocol and DAO (see skills below)

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 255

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree - this has particularly been an issue in DNS. Registration fees have served a cartel of domain brokers and squatters. Domains should be priced fairly but not in a manner that allows for easy speculation and domain squatting.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications / skills: Iā€™ve been working with Llama on treasury management solutions since the spring of 2021 and have participated in governance discussions specifically focused on treasury related problems. Llama has worked with Aave, Uniswap, Gitcoin, FWB, and other communities. I also write Easy DeFi, a weekly blog using simple language that helps beginners learn about crypto and DeFi.

ENS name: sivaa.eth ,( tamils.eth )

I would like to be the delegate and involve in the next evolution of ens , etherum and web3. I stongly believe , I can help people by listen , represent and advocate them.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution :

Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree

Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications/skills:

Being in crypto space for last 5 years . Trader , Invester .
Basic skills on web3.
Intense self-study in Economics , quick learner , love maths/logics and fix complex issues.
Have great experience on Kubernetes as admin and DevOps . Exploring myskills to implement in web3.

ENS name: 0xjd.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate : We are truly believer of DAO, we need to be part of the governance. I want to support the development of ENS to make it as durable, robust, accessible and scalable as possible, with the goal of making it the Web3 standard for naming.
My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have many experience in building communities, providing technology skills and we are resourceful in crypto industry including relationships with wallets, exchanges. I want to be part of the DAO governance and explore all possibilities of DAO.

ENS name: nicolo.eth

I truly believe in the power of identity in the Web3 ecosystem and the role it will increasingly continue to play as the space comes further into the mainstream.
The social capital we each hold in our online presence will start to be valued and leveraged more and more in the next generation of Web3 apps, and ENS is really well positioned to be the epicentre and point of connection of that digital and decentralized identity.

ENS provides a decentralized identity layer for the Ethereum network with sizeable network effects both in terms of the number of integrations and community of builders always discovering new ways to take advantage of their ENS handles and expand the use cases.

I am an avid user of my ENS name (I have it as my Twitter display name and I often wear a hoodie with my ENS name - shown below :grin:).
I would love to play a more active role in the governance of the ENS community and see it flourish as a fundamental building block for the coming Web3 world.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

Iā€™ve been working in the crypto-space in various capacities since early 2016 where I ran a popular crypto research startup and also spent a bit of time working in various TradFi institutions in IB and doing growth at SaaS startups after my academic background in Economics.

I now lead strategy over at the Aave Companies, where we have recently been spending a lot of time building a set of powerful and flexible protocols not just for the current DeFi space but to act as whole new building blocks for the Web3 world.

In my spare time I spend a lot of time involved in various DAOs, Iā€™m an avid JPEG enjoyer (both in collecting and minting) and I spend a lot of time thinking and brainstorming about the future of Web3 and how we can push the space forward!

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/coconidodev

ENS name:
leger.eth

Believer of the ecosystem, maybe not the conventional peer who will apply, and seeing that as my strength: a people person who can help with change management and making it more assessable for the everyday person.

Female with project management skills within tech (startups and multinationals), and unlimited enthusiasm to learn.

ENS name: TriforceDAO.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: TriforceDAO sees itself as a public good in the Ethereum community and is excited to support ENS in governance as well as its pursuit of further decentralizing the protocol.

My web3 qualifications / skills: TriforceDAO is comprised of three members (wolf.eth, poapgod.eth, and gio.eth), each with multiple years of experience in the Ethereum community. We each, either together or independently, are active participants in various public goods, staking, DeFi, NFT, and DAO communities, including ethstaker, POAP, Metacartel, PoolTogether, iROBOT, PoolHAUS, Gitcoin, among others, and we look forward to further applying our passion and experience in the space as delegates to the ENS DAO.

1 Like

ENS name: tobias.eth

I am a strong believer in this project, and I will do what I can to make ENS the global naming stander of web3. I really like that ENS is a non-profit project and are building a naming standard for the long term future, unlike other naming services that just are made for cash grabs. I think ENS is going to have a bigger impact on web3 than we can imaging right now. DNS is mostly used by businesses who want a website, but I think ENS is going to be used by almost everyone in the world. Normal people are going to have their own ENS for username, businesses are going to have it for their websites and its going to be used for purposes we canā€™t see yet. I am really excited for this adoption and would love to be a delegate. I will ensure that ENS is going to be a public good for everyone and not a service that is made for profit making.

I am 22 year old guy studying cybernetics and robotics at NTNU in Norway at my fourth year. When I am finished studying I will definitely start working in web3. My spare time is mostly used for exploring web3 and I have been in the crypto ecosystem since early 2018. I discovered ENS for about a year ago and have been huge believer of the naming service since. I have been an advocate for ENS and recently got Pixelmap to integrate reverse resolution.
I am not as skilled as the ā€œolder guys/girlsā€ (still relatively young compared to other spaces :wink: ) that are applying for delegate, but I am an active user of web3, and have a decent understanding of different programming languages including solidity learned while studying and on my spare time. I am also a fast learner.

1 Like

ENS name: Jackpot.eth

• My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

Why do I want to be delegate?

• I would like to propose .eth to be a real NFT: This is my vision:
    A month ago I suggest brantly about the possibility of adding a button when you register your domain name that make the domain name a real NFT (no expiration date). I agree with people that want to register the domain name for 1/2/3 years but Iā€™d love the idea to pay a fee to upgrade your domain name in order to not expire. This could help the impact of high gas fees for people who want to buy a .eth FOREVER

• Integrate with NFT communities: I donā€™t believe in subdomains, but thereā€™s a chance for NFT collection that a subdomain could make sense, If a community of 10K can share same domain name would be perfect. IĀ“m an NFT investor, and I think that we can get better connection with NFT projects.
    I own some SEVEN, thatā€™s why I wait to be post 777 (also Jackpot) it was no coincidence :smiley:

• Escrow Service: To give people the opportunity to sell their .eth domain names through our plattform. Moreover as a .com investor I know many people who would love to integrate their .com domain names in a reliable escrow platform. People could sell their domain names (.eth, .com ā€¦) through our platform.

Iā€™ve been a domainer since 1998, and I have manage some domain names to get many traffic and now weā€™re upgrading our project to web3 development.

If you agree with my main points: Escrow Service (integrating .com ā€¦) and NonEXP .ETH with a fixed fee, I ask you to delegate on me.

ENS name: emiliano.eth

I would like to support and advise ENS community to achieve their goals, aiming that ENS becomes more than ā€˜justā€™ a naming system for Ethereum but a main pillar for this industry.

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree but the first of the incentives we could introduce.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree and fundamental but thereā€™s more like protocol integrations and identity/reputation systems.

I am builder and devsecops guy, promoting informed adoption for DeFi and in general all the advancements of this industry to the community. Co-founded DeFi Italy community and contributed to many protocols, last but not least Yearn collective :heartbeat:

ENS name: keikreutler.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS is core infrastructure for all of web3. Because of its deep importance, I would like to act as a delegate to help ensure ENS remains transparent, accessible, and maintained into the far future.

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree with comment: I think the decision and mechanism behind fee setting could be open for adjustment and clearer communication to the community.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Since 2017, Iā€™ve led communications and strategy at Gnosis, building decentralized infrastructure for the Ethereum ecosystem. Iā€™ve participated in organizing a wide range of DAO initiatives, and I recently co-founded Gnosis Guild, the team behind Zodiac: a collection of tools for DAOs built on an open standard, with programmable accounts like the Gnosis Safe at its core.

ā€‹ā€‹I contribute to Other Internet research group and sit on the Board of Regen Foundation. I also write on topics related to web3, with recent essays A Prehistory of DAOs: Cooperatives, gaming guilds, and the networks to come and Inventories, Not Identities. Prior to my endeavors in web3, Iā€™ve worked as a writer, artist, editor, frontend developer, and organizer for distributed cooperatives.

1 Like

ENS name: thatsnice.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I have the passion and motivation and am excited for the future of ens domains. i would love to be a delegate and represent the females in this space

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a graphic designer and animator and jumped into the nft space in early march 2021. I have since been fascinated with web3 and want to be involved in every aspect.

ENS name: nsai.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe in bringing better UX to the blockchain space and democratizing the process, unlike the current centralized IANA processes.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Strongly Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Strongly Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Strongly Agree

1. previous developer at Springworks (Web3 company built on Ethereum)
  2. Active participant of several DAOs and communities
  3. Strong advocate of the NFT space
  4. Have a strong background in solidity and web3 development
  5. Masters background in Information Systems and have written papers on Crypto economics ([1912.03270] BitMEX Funding Correlation with Bitcoin Exchange Rate)

ENS name:
daddycrypto.com
I want to contribute and participate in this foundational web3 identity project.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: agree although other options should be viable

My Web3 qualifications / skills:
I am an evangelist for web3 to people age 45+ I am an early crypto miner/ICO investor/BTC hodlr/now active participant in Bankless DAO and other efforts to advance web3/decentralization and make the technology helpful to non technical people, or technical people stuck in web2. I am a founder of a marketing technology company and an investor in several CEFI companies

ENS name: didbit.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to be a part of this DAO. And help to be more decentralized.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Validator, Ambassador, Trader, Analytics, Research