ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: TriforceDAO.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: TriforceDAO sees itself as a public good in the Ethereum community and is excited to support ENS in governance as well as its pursuit of further decentralizing the protocol.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: TriforceDAO is comprised of three members (wolf.eth, poapgod.eth, and gio.eth), each with multiple years of experience in the Ethereum community. We each, either together or independently, are active participants in various public goods, staking, DeFi, NFT, and DAO communities, including ethstaker, POAP, Metacartel, PoolTogether, iROBOT, PoolHAUS, Gitcoin, among others, and we look forward to further applying our passion and experience in the space as delegates to the ENS DAO.

1 Like

ENS name: tobias.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
I am a strong believer in this project, and I will do what I can to make ENS the global naming stander of web3. I really like that ENS is a non-profit project and are building a naming standard for the long term future, unlike other naming services that just are made for cash grabs. I think ENS is going to have a bigger impact on web3 than we can imaging right now. DNS is mostly used by businesses who want a website, but I think ENS is going to be used by almost everyone in the world. Normal people are going to have their own ENS for username, businesses are going to have it for their websites and its going to be used for purposes we canā€™t see yet. I am really excited for this adoption and would love to be a delegate. I will ensure that ENS is going to be a public good for everyone and not a service that is made for profit making.

My web3 qualifications / skills:

I am 22 year old guy studying cybernetics and robotics at NTNU in Norway at my fourth year. When I am finished studying I will definitely start working in web3. My spare time is mostly used for exploring web3 and I have been in the crypto ecosystem since early 2018. I discovered ENS for about a year ago and have been huge believer of the naming service since. I have been an advocate for ENS and recently got Pixelmap to integrate reverse resolution.
I am not as skilled as the ā€œolder guys/girlsā€ (still relatively young compared to other spaces :wink: ) that are applying for delegate, but I am an active user of web3, and have a decent understanding of different programming languages including solidity learned while studying and on my spare time. I am also a fast learner.

1 Like

ENS name: Jackpot.eth

• My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

Why do I want to be delegate?

• I would like to propose .eth to be a real NFT: This is my vision:
    A month ago I suggest brantly about the possibility of adding a button when you register your domain name that make the domain name a real NFT (no expiration date). I agree with people that want to register the domain name for 1/2/3 years but Iā€™d love the idea to pay a fee to upgrade your domain name in order to not expire. This could help the impact of high gas fees for people who want to buy a .eth FOREVER

• Integrate with NFT communities: I donā€™t believe in subdomains, but thereā€™s a chance for NFT collection that a subdomain could make sense, If a community of 10K can share same domain name would be perfect. IĀ“m an NFT investor, and I think that we can get better connection with NFT projects.
    I own some SEVEN, thatā€™s why I wait to be post 777 (also Jackpot) it was no coincidence :smiley:

• Escrow Service: To give people the opportunity to sell their .eth domain names through our plattform. Moreover as a .com investor I know many people who would love to integrate their .com domain names in a reliable escrow platform. People could sell their domain names (.eth, .com ā€¦) through our platform.

Iā€™ve been a domainer since 1998, and I have manage some domain names to get many traffic and now weā€™re upgrading our project to web3 development.

If you agree with my main points: Escrow Service (integrating .com ā€¦) and NonEXP .ETH with a fixed fee, I ask you to delegate on me.

ENS name: emiliano.eth

I would like to support and advise ENS community to achieve their goals, aiming that ENS becomes more than ā€˜justā€™ a naming system for Ethereum but a main pillar for this industry.

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree but the first of the incentives we could introduce.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree and fundamental but thereā€™s more like protocol integrations and identity/reputation systems.

I am builder and devsecops guy, promoting informed adoption for DeFi and in general all the advancements of this industry to the community. Co-founded DeFi Italy community and contributed to many protocols, last but not least Yearn collective :heartbeat:

ENS name: keikreutler.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS is core infrastructure for all of web3. Because of its deep importance, I would like to act as a delegate to help ensure ENS remains transparent, accessible, and maintained into the far future.

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree with comment: I think the decision and mechanism behind fee setting could be open for adjustment and clearer communication to the community.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Since 2017, Iā€™ve led communications and strategy at Gnosis, building decentralized infrastructure for the Ethereum ecosystem. Iā€™ve participated in organizing a wide range of DAO initiatives, and I recently co-founded Gnosis Guild, the team behind Zodiac: a collection of tools for DAOs built on an open standard, with programmable accounts like the Gnosis Safe at its core.

ā€‹ā€‹I contribute to Other Internet research group and sit on the Board of Regen Foundation. I also write on topics related to web3, with recent essays A Prehistory of DAOs: Cooperatives, gaming guilds, and the networks to come and Inventories, Not Identities. Prior to my endeavors in web3, Iā€™ve worked as a writer, artist, editor, frontend developer, and organizer for distributed cooperatives.

1 Like

ENS name: thatsnice.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I have the passion and motivation and am excited for the future of ens domains. i would love to be a delegate and represent the females in this space

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a graphic designer and animator and jumped into the nft space in early march 2021. I have since been fascinated with web3 and want to be involved in every aspect.

ENS name: nsai.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe in bringing better UX to the blockchain space and democratizing the process, unlike the current centralized IANA processes.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Strongly Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Strongly Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Strongly Agree

1. previous developer at Springworks (Web3 company built on Ethereum)
  2. Active participant of several DAOs and communities
  3. Strong advocate of the NFT space
  4. Have a strong background in solidity and web3 development
  5. Masters background in Information Systems and have written papers on Crypto economics ([1912.03270] BitMEX Funding Correlation with Bitcoin Exchange Rate)

ENS name:
daddycrypto.com
I want to contribute and participate in this foundational web3 identity project.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: agree although other options should be viable

My Web3 qualifications / skills:
I am an evangelist for web3 to people age 45+ I am an early crypto miner/ICO investor/BTC hodlr/now active participant in Bankless DAO and other efforts to advance web3/decentralization and make the technology helpful to non technical people, or technical people stuck in web2. I am a founder of a marketing technology company and an investor in several CEFI companies

ENS name: didbit.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to be a part of this DAO. And help to be more decentralized.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Validator, Ambassador, Trader, Analytics, Research

ENS name: daverodman.eth

My reason for wanting to be a delegate: I am a huge proponent of ENS domains and own several dozen. I have actually bought them for all of my friends and family as birthday presents over the last year (its been a fun way to introduce them to web3 and crypto). I am very excited about the ENS DAO and I think that it couldnā€™t come at a more timely moment. I think that the ENS system will need to walk a very fine line between the competing interests of the web3 world and the reality and accountability demanded by the traditional world. I think that all moves must be very careful and extremely well thought out because the decentralized web could easily become a lighting rod for anti-decentralization forces, and I may be an outlier here, but I do think that there are real risks with truly decentralized content given how misinformation has taken root in our society. I donā€™t purport to have all the answers, but as an attorney in the space, I have spent an inordinate amount of time thinking about this issue and advising projects in the space about them. I believe that I would be able to add real value to the team when it comes to thinking about regulatory interface, whatever shape that ends up taking. Again, I am a huge supporter of this but I am a realist and realize that there are several pitfalls that could hinder adoption and that extreme care is necessary when moving things forward.
My view on each or the proposed ENS Constitution:
ā€¢ Name ownership shall not be infringed: In nearly all cases I agree, but I think that there may be outliers that are hard to deal with (basically what do we do if a name somehow causes or endorses real world harm?). I think this needs to be carefully considered. I donā€™t claim to have the right answer
ā€¢ Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
ā€¢ Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ā€¢ ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Virtually none in the classical sene. That said I am an attorney in the web3 space and have been a Kernel Mentor since Block 2. I think that the web3 space needs competent counsel and I believe that I am well qualified in this area. I believe a platform like ENS will absolutely need to consider how it interacts with real world laws.

1 Like

ENS name: jalil.eth

During some personal research around web3 and decentralised domain names (handshake, unstoppable domains, BTC(.)us domains), i found the ENS project to be the absolute best shot at not only a working decentralised address naming system but as the key to user-owned identity on the web.

That last bit gets me unbelievably excited for the future of the www. By utilising ENS as a protocol layer foundation to build upon (esp. custom TXT records and subdomains) we stand before an ocean of possibility to rethink and reinvent outdated or siloed services - not only for individuals, but public institutions and commercial enterprises.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree / Comment
    • If ENS finds itself in a position to extract direct value that is currently accruing to domain squatters while keeping the service accessible to all, it should do so and reinvest the resulting funds into the development of public goods.

I am a software engineer / designer hybrid moving from web2 to web3.

As my introduction to the space i launched an NFT project that plays into decentralised profiles called OneDayPunks and PunkScapes with tight ENS integration and future plans for fully fleshed out web3 profiles all based on ENS txt records and subdomains (here is my current ENS-powered profile as an example: https://punkscape.xyz/cryptopunks/6820).

I open sourced composable ERC721 extensions that are built on the OpenZeppelin base contracts and are already used by various other collections: https://github.com/1001-digital/erc721-extensions.

ENS name:
Kenn.eth

I Pretty much have the best ENS name availableā€¦

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

**ENS name:**heropunk.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think i have the motivation to be an ENS Delegator, also iā€™m really into Ethereum / WEB3 technology in general and i think i can be a delegate and reperesent the Spanish Speaking Community.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3/solidity skills.

ENS name: chikei.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Bring non-technical perspective.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

-minimal technical skills
-strong financial services background
-objective based

I do not have enough ETH to update the record

ENS name: 0cool.eth

I thought it would be good to have a few people from the industry side as Delegates. Iā€™ve been considering using ENS on cryptocompare.com but we never seem to get around working on the website. In the future I would like to be more involved and help Nick as much as possible with a project I first saw at the Ethereum London Meetup that I was organizing.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree, a lot of free tools in the ETH ecosystem would do well with more funding. Itā€™s good to get funding from within the community not also VC funds.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree

Not much on web3, I sometimes review and write smart contracts in my free time. Iā€™m the co-founder of one of the oldest and most trusted pricing aggregators in the crypto industry (CryptoCompare). Iā€™ve built a few NFTs, Iā€™ve received a lot of NFTs from people, Iā€™ve been on and off involved in ENS since early days mostly talking to Nick about ideas.

1 Like

New delegates, remember that posting in this forum is only the first step of three.
There are two additional steps necessary.
Read the first post and happy airdrop tomorrow!

ENS name:
dancube.eth

I believe that ENS has a huge role to play in moving forward the whole web3 frontier.

I am a contributor to the web3 space being an indexer on The Graph protocol and also participating within various DAOā€™s. I also have a keen interest on the role identity has to play in the space moving forward, I have experience working within identity verification in traditional finance and am excited about applications for a persistent identity has in the decentralised arena.

ENS name: kirihata.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS. To help support the community and drive ENS forward.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

**I have experience launching a Japanese hosting provider and am very familiar with web2. I am very excited to meet Web3 now and am eager to participate in this underlying projectā€¦

ENS name: samyap.eth

Iā€™m on a missing to bridge the knowledge gap between emerging web3 tech and the mainstream world. I believe that if DAOs are going to impact the real world, they will need members from diverse perspectives including non-technical people. From my non-technical knowledge perspective, I believe the ENS team have been truly crypto native in their approach to building the go-to domain service for Ethereum and want to be a part of what they are doing as well as help them communicate their mission to the world.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution :

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a crypto PR specialist and storyteller. Launched YAP DAO services DAO focused on helping translate crypto and DeFi for the world. I have helped crypto teams communicate their complex projects to the media for 4 years to date. I hope to help ENS do the same.

ENS name: Zadok7.eth

For me, ENS was my entry point into the decentralized web, and in fact the first reason I got my first wallet. I saw the potential right away of ENS, and began to explore what was possible. I was impressed with what I found behind the technology, the core motivation, its core team, and the community. I would love to be part of ENS DAO to further along its mission and adoption. I am not ashamed to say it would be my first DAO. I am eager to learn and contribute. Itā€™s an opportunity that I would take very seriously.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:

1. Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/ Comment )

If I were to vote on this today, I might have issue with the words ā€œ or unfairly discriminate against ownersā€ . Because I think words are important, so there can be the least amount of ambiguity involved in the decisions. Using the words ā€œ unfairly discriminateā€ could be confusing to some. Is there a time to ā€œfairlyā€ discriminate against ens ownership?

Maybe it would be better as: ā€œor unfairly discriminate against any name ownersā€™ ability toā€¦ā€

1. Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

This was a good design by ENS. We want ENS for the world, and would have free ENS names for anyone and everyone if that were possible. A small registration cost was smart to prohibit abuses by mass name registration. I believe ENS is for the public good, and fees keep that possible and viable.

1. Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

I love the ENS community, and how helpful theyā€™ve been. Even the folks responsible in the core ENS team have reached out to me in response to questions and even advice. I was surprised by that, as Iā€™m pretty much a nobody in the space. This kind of spirit is one of the reasons I believe ENS has been so successful and will continue to grow and achieve its objectives. ENS has no investors or VCs, we are all part of ENS in a sense. With such expanding growth I understand it will need to scale both human and machine maintenance operational costs. Iā€™m confident of the team and future DAOā€™s ability to allocate funds for ENS viability and for public good projects/endeavors.

1. ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)

I think itā€™s important we do not bash, nor forget about web2. There will be a time of migration into web3, as things progress along. I believe itā€™s still very early. I feel ENS is one of the core components of the migration/adoption of decentralized web. It should be easy for web2 entities to use web3, and I feel like having an ENS name will be one of the first steps and entry points for many like myself. Integration with the global namespace is key for adoption and trust, where possible by still protecting ENS decentralization aspects. I see mass adoption coming and near endless possibilities using ENS as a central part of this future. SSO, subdomain entities/wallets/access, static web3 hosting, etc. Itā€™s exciting.

Iā€™d also like to disclose I am the safe keeper of a couple really cool names. I got inspired by a story about an ENS fairy that was buying names, and gifting them to the person or entity it was for. This was smart for safe keeping. After hearing about that, I reserved names for a couple of causes I believe in that I think web3 will be really beneficial to them. One is Kiva.eth, another is Lakota.eth. I do not consider myself the owner of these. Iā€™m holding them to give for free at the right time for a future public good project (just in case anyone is curious as to why I own some of those names, not a squatterā€¦.)

Iā€™m a deep thinker, nonlinear in so many ways. Iā€™ve been trained as a BCBA, but have many years of experience in the tech field. I am currently getting AWS Cloud Practitioner certified, which I know seems backwards from web3 qualifications and skills. However, I think itā€™s very relevant. I plan to be a bridge consultant for organizations seeking to migrate aspects of their web2 infrastructure, into web3. I am working on having my own consultancy business towards that end. You can bet ENS will be central to that.

If youā€™ve read this far, thank you. The last thing I want to say about my qualifications in web3 is that Iā€™m particular about where I spend my time. Time is our most valuable commodity and asset we own. Zadok, the inspiration for my ENS name is my forever reminder of that. I know all too well time is short and a gift, so Iā€™m careful how I spend it. ENS has been worth my time to keep learning about and following. Iā€™ve concluded it is a vital part of future plans and projects. Dreams. Letā€™s make the future happen together. I would be honored to be a delegate.

ā€œGet busy living or get busy dyingā€

-Red

1 Like