ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: kylesavoie.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
Being a delegate shows that one believes in something enough to put in the work to make their voice heard. To be in such a position is important because from this vantage point one may speak with othersā€™ wants and needs in mind. I want to be an ENS delegate because I have a passion for the future of ENS, Ethereum, and crypto as a whole matched only by my desire to make a positive impact on the path to this future.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree (not permissible). ENS provides names. Once a name is under a userā€™s ownership, the terms of said ownership should not be modified under any circumstances.
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree (permissible). ENS may adjust the price for reserving names as the DAO sees fit. The market for name registrations must adapt to the situation at hand. Unlike the previous question, the price adjustment in this situation occurs before a user owns a name. This is acceptable because the contract between ENS and the owner does not change while said contract is active.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree (permissible). The development of the web3 ecosystem should be a collaborative effort where the currently successful DAOs use their success to create more progress either within, or outside of their system. Decentralization goes hand in hand with collaboration since there is no centralized party to reap the benefits of aggressive competition.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree (permissible). ENS should integrate with the current DNS system to allow for usability in the current ecosystem, but this should not be the end goal for ENS.

My web3 qualifications / skills:
I am a computer science student with a focus on data science. I have experience in release engineering and cloud computing from my time at Teradyne. I have spent years in the crypto space and have worked directly with a start up in its early stages (Bitquence ā†’ Ethos ā†’ Voyager (current namesake)) I am currently learning Solidity and honing my skills in web development. I have a passion for decentralization and specifically bringing financial control to the individual. Soon, I will be studying in the DeFi space full time as I see this paradigm shift as quite the time sensitive endeavor.

Much love. I am excited to see what the future holds for us all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ENS name: tecco.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: domain is the most important thing just as TCP/IP DNS, I am a network engineer, understanding well with DNS, knowing how to make a better and quicker understand to those who isnā€™t yet into blockchain network, I will be proud of becoming a member of DAO Delegate.

**My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ]

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree (not permissible). ENS provides names. Once a name is under a userā€™s ownership, the terms of said ownership should not be modified under any circumstances.

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree (permissible). ENS may adjust the price for reserving names as the DAO sees fit. The market for name registrations must adapt to the situation at hand. Unlike the previous question, the price adjustment in this situation occurs before a user owns a name. This is acceptable because the contract between ENS and the owner does not change while said contract is active.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree (permissible). The development of the web3 ecosystem should be a collaborative effort where the currently successful DAOs use their success to create more progress either within, or outside of their system. Decentralization goes hand in hand with collaboration since there is no centralized party to reap the benefits of aggressive competition.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree (permissible). ENS should integrate with the current DNS system to allow for usability in the current ecosystem, but this should not be the end goal for ENS.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Have been involved with web 3 since the last summer. I can read code and execute the contract. Most importantly I am a Chinese but also good at English, can bring thoughts to the DAO.

1 Like

ENS name: LachlanFord.eth

ENS has proven itself to be a crucial piece of infrastructure in the decentralized web3 future. I believe it will continue to serve this role and I wish to actively steward it as Web3 emerges, in alignment with the values of Web3. I believe I can play a positive role.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution:

Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree. Ownership must be reliable.

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree. Non-extractive.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree. Positive sum.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree. Cohesion should be a goal. There appears to be a not insignificant amount of misunderstanding on this point though so the prose should be updated for clarification.

Professional Software Engineer with 10 years of experience and I have been involved in the space since 2015. I manually audit contracts as part of DYOR. I have familiarity and experience working with tech and Web standards bodies (e.g. Khronos and W3C) and protocol governance.

1 Like

ENS name:Yveswongg.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a ddelegate:am quite optimistic about it,I would like to participate in such a enormous project of the community.

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)-Agree

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)-Agree

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)-Agree

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)-Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have the basic knowledge of web3,canā€™t wait to learn some skill.

ENS name: natfacts.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe in an inclusive Web3 future where self custody and personal autonomy can empower participants to truly own their identities.

Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree

Name ownership and particularly the ability to retain control over oneā€™s own name, is a core principle of decentralized identity.

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree

Fees are a disincentive to ENS-squat. We have often been in situations in which the domain we want is unavailable due to a squatter. This can still happen in the web3 world, but we need to impose a cost to doing so, and fees make sense in this respect.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree

We cannot be sure of what the future holds. Retaining the ability to support other public good projects ensures maximum flexibility.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

The standard Internet isnā€™t going away. ENS should support interoperability with it. Ownership means ownership means ownership.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I spent 5 years as a privacy and backend engineer at Palantir Technologies and am familiar with standard DNS routing as well as web 3 architectures. I also come from a background in technology policy (Georgetown) and business (Stanford MBA), so I bring multiple disciplines to challenges.

normanft
Norman Hirsch (nhirsch.eth)

ENS name: nhirsch.eth

Believing that the first item ā€œName ownership is an absolute right (or) shall not be infringedā€ (why did this change midstream?), I believe once you own your ENS name that it is yours forever, that renewing it is not necessary. Itā€™s yours to keep, transfer, sell, or pass down to children. I think the ENS token and other ideas can fund the project some way without requiring people to renew/rent their own domain. Ownership has a meaning. The worry about people squatting on domains is not worth what results in/by the consequence of taking away or losing the ownership of your ENS names. Imagine someone sending ETH payments to your ENS name only a year or more later if you didnā€™t renew, sending payments meant for you going to someone else! Imagine someone passing whose spouse doesnā€™t know about renewing. Ownership should mean ability to pass down to children and grandchildren. Ownership should also be protected in such cases where someone is hacked, maybe their metamask was taken, and can prove such, there should be some way to get the ENS name back to the owner. Also if court order demands something, ENS must be able to fulfil the terms of the order such as taking back illegally stolen names.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree with comment above
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

I founded and have run a network security company for 32 years: NH&A, LLC (nha.com). I was early adopter in May 2017 of ENS and helped a number of users with registering or recovering their ENS name. I have no programming skills whatsover but I can help with understanding the overall picture of what needs to get done, help improve the GUI user interface and use common sense from 77 years experience :slight_smile: I am a grandfather, fisherman, private pilot, husband, diver, professional engineer, bachelor of engineering science, MSEE, an Ethereum miner and a nerd.

ENS name: nissa.eth

My interests lie in building and supporting organizations that pave a way for more autonomy and sovereignty for individuals. ENS is a foundational piece of Web3, and is building a world where individuals can have more ownership. How ENS has structured and implemented their governance is going to be an example to Web3 organizations yet to come. I would like to use my knowledge and experience of Web3 and governance to support the good work ENS is doing, and support the Web3 community as a whole. I will leverage my Web2 experience in public policy and lobbying to continue to push forward the values of web3 and ENS in topics including ownership and net neutrality.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 850

• Name ownership is an absolute right:
    Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:
    Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods:
    Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace:
    Agree

• Over 4 years of experience in Web3. (Consensys Mesh, AirSwap, bloXroute Labs and more)
  • Being early in organizations Iā€™ve worked on various sides of business including, strategy, partnerships, marketing and communications.
  • Iā€™ve been advocating for Web3 ideals since 2013. (Equity Based Crowdfunding, Share Economy Legislation, general innovation legislation)
  • I have experience lobbying for the tech industry, building stakeholder groups, and finding consensus among varying goals and agendas.
  • Web2 orgs Iā€™ve worked with on public policy issues Uber/Lyft, Visa, AT&T, Microsoft and more

ENS name: Cryptogate.eth

I have been been aware of crypto since early 2012 and have since aped in early 2020 with my wife. With my continued frustration with the gross spending and printing of money, I have not only favored crypto and blockchain as a superior form of transaction just our currency but as a technology that will disrupt every sector of life as we know it over the next 10 years. I have am a firm supporter of nearly all decentralized efforts.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree , this is reasonable.
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree , I have no problem with supply the DAO with an incentivized mechanism.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree , the ability to allocate funds to outside projects, scholarships, no profit entities or etc.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Disagree , I donā€™t think ENS should grant control to top-level domains to their due to their legacy of being registered on the DNS 1st. These entities had the opportunity already to adopt new innovations with the DNS and now with the ENS system new users/new blood must now forfeit these opportunities to these ā€œVeteransā€. I think 1st come 1st serve is best. I understand for the ease of integration and global adoption that we want ENS to be fluid with the DNS authority however, DNS may not be the superior authority moving forward.

My web3 qualifications / skills : Well versed in the blockchain and crypto space and terminology. Understands the meta, nft, DEFI, CEX, DEX, staking, and the importance of GM.

Thank you and look forward to being considered :slight_smile:

ENS name: luckydao.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to contribute my share to the development of ENS.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ](Proposed ENS Constitution 23)

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:I am an early blockchain enthusiast with my own community and I want to promote it and inject more energy into ENS.

1 Like

ENS name: Alanq.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I really would like to become a part of ENS DAO and support the community and ENS in general

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a professional project manager with an excellent background in marketing and web3. Every day I learn something new and as an ENS delegator I could easily fulfill my potential 100%.

ENS name: schuppi.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: While I am excited about the move towards being a DAO, I have already seen that voter apathy can be a huge problem going forward. I am happy ENS is starting with delegation right away - it helped MakerDAO tremendously. I have a solid background on pre-web3.0 internet and think we should push forward working together with e.g. ICANN to increase our footprint. We wonā€™t have a revolution without integrating with the legacy internet.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree

• pre-web3 background: I have been working in the engineering division within 1&1 Ionos - the largest webhoster in Germany - for more than a decade. I have built up a pretty solid knowledge of the mechanics of the boomer-internet during that time
  • DAO: I am an active contributor of MakerDao - serving there as a Recognized Delegate and as a member of the MakerDAO Open Market Committee

ENS name: jacobmeyer.eth

I want to help propel the Ethereum and web3 ecosystem forward in the best way possible to benefit our community and decentralization. I am a part of many large and well-connected communities in the space (MVHQ, BAYC, 721DAO, Anonymice, CoolCats, etc.), where I can aggregate our thoughts to make a collective decision.

I am well versed in the NFT space and on Crypto Twitter. I have been actively trading, consulting, and interacting since May 2021. I was also recently a Growth PM at NEAR Protocol until I decided to pursue NFTs and consulting full-time under Non-Fungible Consulting, LLC. I am very comfortable interacting with solidity contracts via etherscan and I look forward to integrating ENS Domains to L2s, such as IMX and Arbitrum. Along with being a part of many impactful communities, I also have a sizable following on Twitter (6.3k) to help spread our message and increase awareness of ENS and Web3.

Thank you for your time! Please reach out to me on Twitter if you have any further questions: https://twitter.com/Jacob___Meyer

ENS name: :ocean:waves.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am passionate about participating and helping in any way I can with facilitating a sovereign internet for all. I believe ENS is a huge part of that infrastructure and I want to make sure that it is kept open for all to participate.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

I have no real qualifications that look good on paper. I participate in some discussions in Gitcoin when I can and I promise to be communicative and to always keep the majority of users in mind, new and old. Thank you for your consideration

ENS name: karika.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to participate in what I believe is next big leap in technological advance.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have moderate experience in writing Solidity Smart contracts on EVM, that I acquired participating i Hackatons.

ENS name: shingen.eth

I. Name ownership is an absolute rightļ¼ˆAgreeļ¼‰
II. Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanismļ¼ˆAgreeļ¼‰
III. Income funds ENS and other public goodsļ¼ˆAgreeļ¼‰
IV. ENS Integrates with the global namespaceļ¼ˆAgreeļ¼‰

Researcher and writing, education in Japanese

I agree to all items.
I am looking forward to the future that ENS will open up and I am honored to be a part of it!

First the RabbitHole task, then my ETH domain.

great ļ¼Œ go go go hyperdao dominate DAOs

ENS name: brutoshi.eth

I am a true believer of decentralization and community, as I first read bitcoin white paper in 2013, and joined Ethereum community in 2016. ENS is one of the foundation components of Web3 stack. While Iā€™m excited ENS has come a long way to deliver one of the best crypto products today, there are still some major pain points preventing average users from using it smoothly. I believe I can represent the ENS community and be a strong advocate for average users interests.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: agree

I am an engineer, crypto researcher and investor

1 Like

I think web3 needs a service like ENS to increase mass adoption. The UX has been strong and Iā€™m a big supporter.

I founded four companies in web1 and web2 and I know that web3 is the future. Iā€™m very excited to participate.

Reposting now in the correct place:

G R E E T I N G S F R E N S

How incredible to see this new development in the ENS Ecosystem!

I @ nettra.eth and I see ENS as critical for efficient, equitable and enjoyable interactions in Web3 going forward.

What is great about Web3 is the ability for individuals to truly own their assets. Beyond financial assets, what is critical for p2p interaction is a clear, yet flexible identity protocol. ENS offers an invaluable service to the Web3 community. Having accessible, effective and prestigious pseudonymous identifiers will be critical to our interactions going forward.

These are my stances on the following points.

AGREE: # I. Name ownership shall not be infringed

Web3 marks a break from Web2 practices. Big Tech and even well-meaning governments try to impose some standardized link between IRL and URL identifiers. I believe that choice and design of ENS names and ENS domains shoudl be up to the individual. We need to continue to protect this choice and this right to our digital property/asset. It is essential that ENS defends this accessible, equitable public service and resists against purely profit-motivated identifiers.

AGREE: # II. Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism

We see this in Web2 and in some low-gas Web3 protocols. No fee leads to more noise and spam. ENS should continue to collect fees to guide the right kind of behaviors that we want to see on the platform. ENS should also be willing to reconsider their fee structure to enable the kinds of behaviors we want to see going forward. We may also want to (very carefully!) consider scholarship programs or their equivalent when necessary. That is what I understand with this phrasing ā€œincentive mechanismā€- that is tied to the behavior we want to see (more optimal); not a way to make our overall experience in Web3 less optimal. This is critical for ENS to pioneer as we have seen many Web2 (and even some Web3) companies become distracted by non-essential revenue streams and forget their key purpose.

AGREE: # III. Income funds ENS and other public goods

ENS understands what they do well and carefully considers any new additional services and features. I believe that this is the way. It would also be helpful to have an innovation/R&D/experimental set of activities that are funded by ENS in the spirit of developing necessary public goods. I am grateful for ENSā€™ leadership in this space as we strive towards slaying Moloch.

AGREE: # IV. ENS Integrates with the global namespace

Despite ENSā€™ great leadership in this space, it does not act alone and it is also not the oldest identifying system. This last point is critical in the ENS constitution because it prevents us from becoming too tunnel focused on ENSā€™s dominance (read: ā€œENS maxiā€). As a public good provider, ENS must believe in a pluralistic world where different identifiers will exist. The goal of ENS is not to dominate the space but to improve the space as much as possible. If an existing protocol exists, it behooves ENS and the entire community to respect interoperability, rather than to refuse to cooperate. I particularly like this clause and agree with it wholeheartedly.

AGREE: # V. Amendments to this constitution by majority vote

Our community will evolve, as will the Web3 space. As forward-thinking as these clauses are; we may have forgotten something. This last clause is critical to ensure that the community has a way to alert builders on anything that they have overlooked/may be overlooking as we continue to create in this space.

My Web-3 Qualifications

• I understand the process through which new technology is commercialized is funded. I understand the threats that different revenue models and market pressures pose to community-driven goals.

It is my day job, received my PhD from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology and teach at Bayes Business School currently
I have supported different (crypto) ventures and venture accelerator programs, acting as a director and advisor (for startup), judge (for startup competitions) j

• I am excited about the possibility of Web3 to help us rebuild industries the way they should have been built the first time: that is, with inclusion and diversity as a key element.

In order to achieve the above, I hosted 19 consecutive episodes of Crypto Beyond Currency interviewing a pioneer in the crypto space (including Makoto Inoue/ENS, Jiho Zirlin/Axie, Jehan Chu/Kenetic, Alexandra Berto-Gilles/Aave and others).
I am currently working on my next thing, but you can see resources collected so far at crypto.nettra.club and cryptobeyondcurrency.club.

1 Like