ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: yigael.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS is going to make Web3/Crypto-verse a much friendlier place to be and use. I want to help make that happen.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution
I agree on all 4 counts.
Itā€™s clear to me we will have challenges in the future with the first clause (Name ownership) as people grab names that infringe copyright.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Deep and Wide :slight_smile:

ENS name: amiro.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I just love ENS!

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ]

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Solidity eng and game mechanics designer. Previously helped start a bunch of meatspace businesses.

**ENS name: timbo.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Web3 is the internet of our futureā€”it is not only how we will identify, but how we will interact. I have immense passion for participating-in and contributing-to communities I have interests in and would love to direct some of that energy here.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agreedā€”without the ability to adjust fee structures an achilles heel is consequently introduced. We need the ability to do this with the vote of the community and with complete transparency
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agreedā€”similarly to the aboveā€¦ without this ability we are hindering the future potential and the ENSā€™ ability to achieve growth. We want development.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Absolutely agree. What better way to advance our community that to use the community. With proper application processing and community input, grant funding will be extremely advantageous for this community.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agreeā€”it is imperative we integrate with the legacy DNS naming systems while maintaining decentralization to the best of its ability. The success of ENS will be strongly tied to the integration with the global namespace.

**My web3 qualifications / skills: I bring enterprise expertise to the conversation having worked for corporations in the technology space ranging from security to data center real estate. I am not a developer but rather an executive that drives for critically thinking with a desire to contribute to our future. Intelligence with integrity.

ENS name: eth-holder.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe that the ENS will become the infrastructure of web3.0 and I want to be part of it. And I love the new organization format - DAO and listen, deliver othersā€™ opinion.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a senior Java developer with blockchain development skill. And I can use solidity to develop smart contract in Eth. As a coder in a top-tier company, I also have work experience in large-scale distributed network.

ENS name: gmDAO.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As an NFT focused DAO that possesses a large number of power users, devs & artists that live & work within the Ethereum ecosystem, we would like to ensure that the direction of web3 & all of itā€™s core foundations are well represented within the ENS governance program.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Within the DAO we possess a large number of web3 competencies, with a number of our members having already launched successful web3 projects of their own.

In addition to this, we are proud to have within our ranks a number of leading generative artists that have had collections featured on well known platforms such as Artblocks.

ENS name: mahlen.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Seeking to become a more active member of the ENS community and to sink my teeth more deeply into the development and governance of the identity layer of web3.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Involved in the crypto space for 6 years. Learning blockchain development. Intensely curious about how web3 technology will fundamentally reshape our relationship with the physical<->digital world duality.

ENS name: Boobs.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Helping push the vision forward in the space searching for the unknown and exploring a new frontier in technology.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree. Everyone should be unique and trusted across the digital dimension.
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree a more universal login or ID.

My web3 qualifications / skills:
Early adopter and looking to learn in the long run . early 2 year experience in web 3 blockchain exploration

I completely support the ENS DAO
Happy to lend a helping hand.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

Former co-founder of a data analytics aggregator -sold off 2020 - to start a web3 solution.
Blockchain enthusiast.

I want to speak with and for the whale folk.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills: - Not a developer. I am an investor and work in the product space.

ENS name: openwhisper.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think i have the motivation to be an ENS Delegator, also iā€™m really into Ethereum / WEB3 technology in general and i think i can be a delegate and reperesent the Spanish Speaking Community.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: no solidity skills, YET! :slight_smile:

ENS name: encirca.ens

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Represent brand owners wanting to deploy or protect their trademarks in ENS.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 1.1k

Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE, although they also help ensure usage and accountability

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE

Chair of the Blockchain Committee for the International Trademark Association

Leading Registrar for blockchain-based domain names on .ETH, .CRYPTO and Handshake TLDs.

ENS name: trunzo.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I came of age in web1. As a teenager posting on AOLā€™s Final Fantasy message boards, we were a DAO without a token or treasury: community-governed, open debate, shipped products in the form of fan fiction and even a text-based RPG, hosted meetups, shared alpha ā€“ and the list goes on. For over 25 years, then, Iā€™ve been primed to contribute mightily to a decentralized organization! To boot, I am (1) a current DAO contributor, most notably at the culture hub $FWB, (2) a web3 and metaverse strategist through my advisory firm Burrata (burrata.io), (3) a financial regulatory attorney who has worked at one of the worldā€™s premier. white shoe corporate firms, Cadwalader and (4) a futurologist who has been giving presentations to the c-suite of multi-national legacy institutions on the EVM, NFTs, play to earn, sovereign identity tools and many other blockchain issues since early 2017. One could say ā€œIā€™ve been around the block,ā€ and I believe this vast and unique set of skills make me an especially notable candidate as an ENS delegate.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Minor comment here is that as long as issues related to ownership rights are freely and openly discussed and fairly voted upon, I believe the spirit of this section is strong and will work to uphold it at all costs.
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - As with blockchains more generally, fees and associated costs are a primary mechanism to prevent spam. I am in favor of this provision but would like to figure out a way to bring fees down over time to a. level of ā€œminimally viable fee issuance that still prevents spam but invites wider user.ā€ Thatā€™s a mouthful, I know! And at a minimum, I think it would be important for ENS to eventually explore rollups, particularly of the ZK variety, and live on its own shard once the roadmap to Eth2 is complete.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have been an active evangelist, investor and strategist in the web3 space since early 2017. Indeed, the moment I first heard of Ethereum, it was as if I had an out of body experience: everything I was hearing, I had heard before and knew to be true ā€“ I could finish the sentences of the person who was speaking to me. Since then, on the legal side, I went on to contribute to Americaā€™s longest continuously operated law firm, Cadwalader, as a blockchain advisor as well as to the Brooklyn Project, Cardozo Law Schoolā€™s pre-DAO Telegram group (kind of became ā€œThe LAOā€) that helped lay the framework to structuring token launches that do not run afoul of the USā€™s securities laws (still an issue, obviously thereā€™s work to be done!). On the culture side, I have (1) worked with consumer brands like Leviā€™s to develop NFT strategies and understand the inner-workings of web3 communities, (2) lived in metaverses like Decentraland (nameā€™s ā€œtyrellā€ ā€“ send me a friend request, Iā€™m on nightly!), (3) contributed to discourse at the leading culture DAO, $FWB and (4) started a DAO of my own, vroomDAO ($VROOM ā€“ liquidity coming soon) and thus am a ā€œin-the-weedsā€ expert on the operational side of DAOs.

Thank you for reading my lengthy proposal. Iā€™d have made ā€œVote for Tyrellā€ wearables in Decentralandā€¦actually, I might still do that!

1 Like

ENS name: joelbigham.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

Web 2.0 background for 15 years, then got bored and am no longer in IT officially. Crypto is reminiscent of the excitement back then and I am looking to jump in and contribute.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree -this is very basic and core right.
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree - keeping them high also increases the perceived value.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree - this is a must as the legacy DNS system will live on for ā€¦ maybe ever.
1 Like

ENS name:
droptpackets.eth

Involved in crypto since 2013. Been working on the side as a Solidity Dev in the Web3 space on smaller project teams and contracted work. I believe in Web3 and the decentralized future that we are all seeking to build in this space.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree. This will help ensure the future (and adoption) of Web3

• Solidity Developer
  • Experience in NFT space (as a member, as well as building, launching projects)
  • Active member of the development community, work with others on projects, and open source Web3 related work when possible to help others learn and adapt faster

ENS name: roark.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I desire to advance the development of ENS and make it a common standard for every browser.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ](Proposed ENS Constitution )(Proposed ENS Constitution)

Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Iā€™ve been active in the crypto community since 2014. Iā€™ve spent most of that time educating myself on fundamentals. Iā€™m a biz dev professional with deep relationships in the web3 community and I consider myself an evangelist.

ENS name: nisreen.eth

I think ENS is an exceptional project and is one of the truer public goods that exists today. I see it as infrastructure or the first layer/ catalyst of someoneā€™s journey into web3. Iā€™d like to advance it further as best as I can. ENS will be the first project Iā€™d apply as a delegate for so excited to focus on it.

Name ownership shall not be infringed:
Agree.
Anyone has the right to a name that represents their digital identity. There should be no restrictions on this for the most part. There may be nuanced exceptions where the community decides if there is an instance where someone is posing some sort of criminal risk.

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism:
Kinda Agree
I think it is an incentive mechanism as well as a growth mechanism. ENS should have sufficient reserve capital for unseen events as well as to grow the ecosystem and develop beyond itself. Fees also should enable security and longevity.

Income funds ENS and other public goods:
Agree.
ENS funds should prioritize ENS itself and other public good that strengthen its own good as well as the spaces it protects/enables.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace:
Kinds Agree
There is more work to be done around adoption and integrating ENS to all of web3 and what web3 could be. I think it could be the global namespace standard with the help of the DAO.

I am currently core team at sherlock.xyz working on all things community, marketing, and governance

Things I a am good at are: actively seeking multiple perspectives, robust thinking and this need to want to dig deeper into assumptions/ideas, good at organizing and finding/ creating opportunities for others, making concepts easy to understand for others. Iā€™d say most of my robust thinking comes into play around behavior, incentive models, organizational design, and communication in web3.

I try to keep my focus narrow in terms of all the things I am involved with so that I can have the most impact across a few things. Aside from Sherlock, I am active in emoDAO - very new DAO around research and discourse around emotions and behaviors in web3.

1 Like

ENS name: grantor.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Web3 needs advocacy. Iā€™m a fan of ENS and proponent of decentralization. Iā€™ll be your advocate.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree, wanting to see more adoption.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Iā€™m a full stack software engineer. Typescript, Javascript, React, Vue, Python, Postgres, Node. Bought my first bitc0rn in 2012 on CB, have been involved in the space for a while. Worked for an investment/research group.

ENS name: erichu.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: If Ethereum is to play a significant role in a blockchain or multi-chain future, then ENS serves as a necessary if not crucial component to bringing a legibility, meaning, and identity layer to ecosystem. The timing for the decentralization of ENS governance couldnā€™t have come at a better time from both a technical (as Post-merge and future upgrades will have an effect on address types and their capabilities) and cultural perspective towards mass adoption. Serving as a gateway for millions into Web3, itā€™s imperative that ENS remains a public good. With this, I humbly support my application to be an ENS delegate and to represent the interests of the public, and especially those who also share in my background as an artist, designer, and creator in Web3 to keep ENS open without sacrificing scalability and robustness as the space compounds in user adoption.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree. Itā€™s necessary for ENS to be people-first. Plain and simple. If ownership is relegated in any way this early in the process then we are merely perpetuating the inequalities and inequities of Web2.

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree, registration fees are a necessary solution that address many potential areas of weakness and opportunities for growth. That being said, I would be interested in advocating for an exploration into avenues and initiatives that can help financially onboard or provide an alternative means of access to folks who are economically priced out of the space.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree.

I am a designer, developer, and artist active in the Web3 space and in the process of transitioning the majority of his practice into helping people build in Web3. I come from both a visual design and technical background. As an early and active contributor to FWB, Mirror, and an NFT artist who has forked his own smart contracts and released NFTs this way as well as on platforms/protocols such as Foundation and Zora, I bring with me three things: 1. A cultural optimism for the possibilities of this technology to have far-reaching positives for our world, 2. A guarded concern that the utopian promises of this space are far from inevitableā€”their chances of becoming implausible are great and require the the intentional efforts of good people to help steer projects towards greater good, 3. A strong curiosity for the details, especially the technical. 4. A passion for consensus-driven community decisions. I believe these four qualities help provide a perspective of the bigger picture, and help equip me to be an advocate for the future of ENS and its users.

1 Like

ENS Name: 507.eth

My reason for wanting to be a delegate: I am have been into Ethereum technology for over 4 years now and also a huge advocate for WEB3 technology. Overall excited for what is to come in this space, and being an ENS Delegator would just add to it!

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree 1000%
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree, this will only get larger as time goes on.
  • ** ENS Integrates with the global namespace**: Agree

Undergrad in Business Administration & Real Estate
4-Year experience in crypto/web3 investing. Have been actively in this space since early 2017.
Work privately with multiple companies on tokenomics, as well as developing marketing strategies and branding.
Extensive knowledge on Ethereum and itā€™s blockchain.
Basic skills on Python and Java. Learning more Solidity at the time of writing this.

ENS name: vispre.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Web3 is ushering an entirely new world of opportunities in the way of decentralizing industries across the globe. It is leveling the playing field in unprecedented ways, allowing people to control their own data, identity and more. It is the most exciting thing to happen in decades, and Iā€™m thrilled to be a part of it in ways I already am. Iā€™d like to deepen my involvement in ways that contribute to the ongoing efforts to decentralize the internet and its many services so that we have options for a more open and more free existence on the internet, where innovation is unbridled.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree - we should nurture innovations and cutting-edge advancements that are benefiting humanity.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am not a developer, but I have experience operating several multi-million dollar companies as both an owner and executive. I have brought innovative marketing strategies to hundreds of companies, from local brick-and-mortar to multi-billion dollar global behemoths. I thrive on maximizing a teams potential, and can bring strategy and leadership to the table as itā€™s needed.