ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: etzmail.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: ENS is a critical infrastructure for Ethereum and web3. As a delegate I pledge to support the long term maintenance and further development of this infrastructure.

**My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution **

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:
I have been involved in the Ethereum ecosystem since 2017. I am coming from a specific angle to this field not as a developer, but active practitioner and project developer. I am a strong believer that web3 can help us create more fair, open and inclusive global infrastructures for science, education and global collaboration. I have been involved in the blockchain for science movement from its early beginnings, that now is increasingly called DeSci. In 2017 I discovered the AKASHA Project and spoke with the team about the potential of decentralised social media as a key component of a future way of science communication. Since 2018 I am working with the AKASHA team in product development and research. Currently I am working with the AKASHA team on ethereum world, a decentralised social media framework that also integrates with ENS:
https://akasha.ethereum.world/

I am also developing sciencefund a web3 based public goods funding initiative for basic scientific research that emerged out of Kernel Block 4.

**ENS name: DBL.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
I probably own the most ENS names out of any single entity.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

**My web3 qualifications / skills: I am ENS. Basic solidity. Biz dev, crypto exp. of 8+ years.

1 Like

need4.eth
I love the tech.

• Agree
  • Agree
  • Agree
  • Agree
    I’m a newbie here

ENS name: joriab.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think ENS are maybe the biggest thing on crypto until now. This could become the default identity provider worldwide and so on can become the foundation for a real self sovereign identity. Data is the most valuable asset worldwide and Self Sovereign Identity is the key to redistributing this wealth to the real owners, the data producers.

Crypto, DeFi, DAO´s, NFT´s, etc., are only tools to change the world for the better. Technology itself can be used for good or for bad, that’s why I am always pointing out the good use of these technologies to focus development on solving the real problems that we have in the world nowadays. Since ENS are so important I want to contribute to make sure it will be used for good.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ](Proposed ENS Constitution 24)

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I was already building a DEFI protocol much earlier than DEFI was the definition for crypto financial protocols. Most importantly, I have shown my deep commitment for a better world.

EthicHub is more than a DeFi protocol operational since june 2018, it may also be the most innovative solution to connect DeFi to the real world, contributing to solve the biggest dysfunction of the traditional financial system: having excluded almost a quarter of the world’s population.

ENS name: she256.eth

she256 started almost 4 years ago, with the mission to increase diversity in the crypto space. We fundamentally believe that blockchain technology will shape our future financial and governance structures, and as such it’s crucial that those building these systems are representative of the global, diverse population which they intend to serve.

We are active users of ENS’s core product, and are huge believers of how it unlocks exponential potential for decentralized identity and on-chain reputation. We hope that by delegating your votes to us, we are able to reflect our values, and our community’s mission, to the broader ENS community.

We believe we can be neutral governance participants who will represent the interests of our communities of allies, and underrepresented folks in crypto. By delegating to us, you’ll be an ally to our cause. Thank you!

• Have been in the space since early 2018, and were the first-ever 501c3 created to tackle the diversity issue in web3.
  • We have onboarded 1000s of women, and other underrepresented minorities to this space through a combination of educational content, mentorship initiatives, and community-building. Read more about our initiatives here: she256.org
  • Our core team comprises individuals active in web3, contributing to projects and entities such Uniswap, NEAR, Celo, Opyn, Variant, Union, Metamask, and many more.
1 Like

[quote=“brantlymillegan, post:1, topic:815”]
ENS name: notop.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I see the potential here and would love to play a part in securing its success.

Been in the space for 5 years, 25 years old with a very level and open head, fully doxxed.

ENS name: verifyAT.eth

We will work hard to help promote and secure the success and growth of web3 as the future of ledger networking, on open, user owned, public goods protocols.

For this reason, protocols need delegates who believe in the merits of the system and its goals, who have the capacity to be involved, and who have the understanding of process and governance to carry the responsibility of those delegated votes.

We represent the overall goals of the ENS system on the basis of its principles rather than any short-term agenda that may be pursued by hostile network takeovers.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 7

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agreed.

Everyone should have the right to buy and use an ENS name and there should not be restrictions ever enacted upon the use and exercise of that domain name, nor any changes that target specific holders. The only exceptions I could see existing would be in the case of anything that creates a risk to the system or stalls the growth of the platform.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Disagree.

While we agree that the primary goal of registrations fees is as an incentive, and that ENS should strictly be a non-profit public good, I do not think that such a harsh stance on income fees should be taken. A critical component of web3 infrastructure the DAO should not simply have the bare minimal revenue to maintain funding, but needs to have sufficient reserve capital for unseen and unexpected circumstances, as well as to remain competitive in attracting and retaining critical talent.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree.

The Sustainability of ENS funds are wholly public goods. They should used to scale the infrastructure and key integrations may be merited when it encourages the adoption of ENS or helps preserve the health, security or longevity of the protocol. In any such case, the specific spending of those funds must solely be allocated to endeavors that represent and reinforce the values of ENS, should be publicly auditable

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
Agree.

This is a critical long term component for the broader adoption of the .eth namespace and for web3 in general and that ENS is a valuable asset in the global namespace. We also agree with the view that ENS should not create new namespaces unless granted by DNS naming authorities. However, ENS should directly pursue this authority.

My qualifications / skills:

• I’m a professional python developer who is enthusiastic about Web3, with basic skills in Solidity.
• Experience in Ethereum Dapps policy and Crypto Eco lobbying.

ENS name: Mohammadmehdi.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: So As True Etherean Who Only Care and Follow Ethereum Ecosystem progress , As Persian Crypto Community Manager and Content Creator who Consistently make contents about Ethereum, I want to be an ENS Delegator and be part of one of the key infastructures of Web3.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Blockchain Researcher, Crypto Market Analyst , Content Creator, Community manager , (twitter handle: mehdi_eth)

ENS name: rotor.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I have been in the community of ENS even before the migration, and I have contributed to creating ETH meetups in my community. I want to lead all the voices that listened to me if they decide to trust me.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a researcher that works in blockchain for a living. I have been involved in the Ethereum ecosystem since its inception, but I lack knowledge in solidity programming (which I hope I can acquire in the near future). I know about software architecture, but Ethereum is so big that it is hard to define my “qualifications”. In any case, I will do my best guys, I promise.

1 Like

ENS name: nathgilson.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Move ENS forward and support the community. I believe ENS is one of the best DAO to decentralise the domain name services.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Solidity / full stack developer, currently working on sub.support, a tool for DAO’s governance.

1 Like

ENS name: angelfish.eth

If ENS is to achieve universal adoption, it must be magnitudes cheaper to register a name and use (e.g. to set your reverse record).

To facilitate a fast and safe transition of ENS to Layer 2 and other scaling solutions, ENS DAO needs a delegate that is deeply knowledgeable about not only the mechanics but also the security and decentralization guarantees of the myriad of different scaling and bridge solutions. And secondly, a delegate that possesses the writing skills to clearly communicate the risks and progress of the scaling effort.

My capacity to do both is demonstrated through my role as Product and Ecosystem Lead at Matter Labs, the team building the first EVM-Compatible ZK Rollup: zkSync, and my skills can be verified in the section below.

As projects that seek to extend the Ethereum ethos of fairness, inclusion, and resilience, ENS and Matter Labs share substantial value alignment in our commitment to open source and community ownership.

Fun: a picture of me showing ENS developer Makoto my ENS names! https://twitter.com/makoto_inoue/status/1419307573627527174?s=21

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: agree

• For my technical background and writing skills, check out the last 9 articles written on zkSync’s Medium Blog
  • My tweet thread on the security properties of popular Ethereum bridge solutions: https://twitter.com/0xangelfish/status/1454119079975919626?s=20
  • previous experiences:
    • president of Blockchain @ UCLA, an active governance delegate for Uniswap, Compound, Aave, and more
    • software engineer at MetaMask
    • implemented Autonomous Proposals for Aave governance
    • deployed a Yearn Vault Strategy
9 Likes

ENS name: mathdroid.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a software engineer at work, and I maintain a healthy dev community in Indonesia. I believe, apart from decentralization, our zeitgeist needs a group of people who are kind too.

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree - but it must be fair.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a full-stack product engineer in On Deck. I helped some of Indonesian NFT projects. I have a (2000+ members) Indonesian Discord to learn web3

1 Like

ENS name: morpheus44.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am a software engineer in NYC with deep connections. I believe Web3 is the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a backend Cosmos developer. I’m in touch with VCs / syndicates as well.

1 Like

ENS name: alicema.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I’m a big believer in decentralization and think that ENS remaining a public utility is extremely important for the future of web3! It should continue to be accessible and fairly governed, operating on principles of openness. As a delegate I’d love to learn from everyone in the community, uphold the values / views listed below, and hopefully contribute back to the community however I can :slight_smile:

My view on each section of the proposed ENS consitution

My web3 qualifications / skills: I’m a co-founder of Mad Realities (madrealities.xyz), an interactive dating show powered by crypto, that anyone can be on (voted in by holders of NFT tickets), which long term aims to pursue a mission of empowering anyone to make a decentralized media network. I am a solidity engineer, and long-time open source developer as well, as I’ve built many tools via archerimpact.com that help anyone in the world leverage public data to keep governments + institutions accountable.

In 2017 at Archer, we build both an open source bitcoin analysis tool to make it easier to view transactions (https://github.com/archerimpact/Dashbit) and an IPFS directory which was a proof of concept to help human rights researchers resist censorship.

1 Like

**ENS name: chidi.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to contribute to the growth of ens and the values that blockchain stands for.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

**My web3 qualifications / skills: I currently advise around legal issues relating to blockchain.

ENS name: vibez.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am passionate about ENS and would like to contribute to DAO governance.

• Name ownership is an absolute right:

Agree. Self-custody is imperative to web 3.0

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism:

Agree.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods:

Agree.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace:

Agree.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Business Development, Pop Culture enthusiast, Tech Connoisseur

**ENS name: Minebuu.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Deliver news to Koreans and perform proxy voting

**My web3 qualifications / skills: nothing

ENS name:
aarty.eth

The best way to support any technology is to be an active member of the community. I have the motivation to be an ENS delegator for that reason and help add value to the project.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

[/quote]
Backend Software engineer and excited to build things on Web3

ENS name: Priley.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:**The trustless, decentralized nature of the blockchain is the greatest innovation in human history, therefore I wish to help bring this positive change to the world.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree this is the heart of freedom.
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree, money is the most powerful motivational force in our society.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree, nothing happens without money, it’s required to bring about change of any kind.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I’ve founded and raised funds for several startups, including a social network base upon emotional state. I also hold patents and understand innovation and intellectual property as it relates to web3.

ENS name:

FatKingFred.eth

Currently I am working as a Product Manager for the Bright Moments DAO. Through our live minting experiences we are helping to onboard new people to web3 on a daily basis.

ENS Domains are an excellent onramp to the web3 ecosystem. As a delegate, I could use my platform to educate new crypto users towards the benefits of registering their own domain name.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 1.2k

Recent MBA graduate with focus on Strategy and Data Analytics. Working full time for Bright Moments DAO.