ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: ryan13.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

Decentralization and blockchain are improving the digital world, empowering Web3, and fostering economic equality in real life. I plan to dedicate my time and pool my resources towards these shared fundamental beliefs. I believe ENS is crucial to the foundations of Web3. There needs to be simple and plain naming that is not to confuse folks, similar to what has been done in Web2. For the sake of promoting decentralization and blockchain in the future, we need to build a system that works best for the users that want to put it towards its intended use case.

I truly believe in this project and fully commit to upholding its values. I agree with all points that arachnid has summarized.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:
I have a background in finance, technology, and growth strategy. I can leverage my 5+ years of experience and connections in my MBA program to promote ENS and help it succeed amongst a broader network of individuals that donā€™t have a great understanding. I have been a holder of ETH since 2017 and never sold. I have expanded my holdings of coins and NFTs on the ETH network as a true believer in the use cases and capabilities. I have spent much of my time understanding the changing blockchain ecosystem and onboarding folks. I am active in several projects such as Dark Horizon and Pixel Beasts on OpenSea as well as up and coming DAOs this month. My earliest engagement in NFTs began with NBA Top Shots in Q1 2021, but once I learned of the ability for community creation and the ability to help artists, I became more active on OpenSea. I currently seek to have a full-time job in the crypto space while studying for my MBA. I consider my full-time job to be DAO and NFT community development as well as bridging the knowledge gap for folks without a blockchain understanding.

1 Like

ENS name:cnzc.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the ENS community with the governance & help it grow while listening to the community which will really help the adoption of blockchain & NFT space.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
    • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a web3 fan, and I participate in community building together

1 Like

ENS name: darrow.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I would like to help to support the development of ENS. I believe there is such a strong future with ENS and would be honored to be part of history in the making. With the primary goal of making ENS the Web3 standard I would like to assist in making it secure, durable and accessible to users worldwide.

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ](Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- AgreeThe way I see it, we all have the right to buy and use an ENS name and there really shouldnā€™t be any restrictions ever enacted upon the use and exercise of that domain name, nor any changes that target specific holders with the exception of damaging or potentially violent use cases that have a negative intent or are purposely seeking out to damage the original DNS name hold or the ass business.

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree - I also feel this helps to ward off the potential for mass squating and abuse of the chain. I feel without Registration fees there would be in a sense a buy wall built in the process which could hinder the growth of ENS.

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree - I believe that ENS funds are entirely public goods. They should or taken advantage of by an individual for personal gain. The income funds should be used for the betterment of ENS and perhaps for internal administrative costs.

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) - Strongly agree. I feel that ENS should and will most certainly be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a developer with the LiteCoinCash blockchain and have years of software development skill. I also have over a decade of experience developing and managing DNS domains. Furthermore I am a collector of ENS domain names, and have plans to build services using the domain names. I mamage a digital NFT store on OpenSea and have years of experience in digital art and design. I hold a Masters Engineering degree which included programming and was a teacher for a software development course at a collegiate level for several years prior to starting my own business. I feel my experience would also help to expand the knowledge base of other in the community. I also have a 7.5GH ETH mining rig! Overall I am accustomed to working within a variety of software langauges.

ENS name: yifei.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: My years of cryptocurrency and legal experience can help the ens project avoid legal risks

Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.
My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3/solidity skills.

ENS name: just1.eth

I have been living in the cryptocurrency world since 2016 (angel-investor, trading and mining). Love tech, love decentralization. This is the future. 29 y.o.

Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree.
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree.
Income funds ENS and other public goods: 100% Agree.
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: AGREE

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3 skills ,solidity developer

1 Like

ENS name: nitrous9.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Decentralization allows it, so why not be apart of it

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 960

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree, this forces everyone to play by the same rules
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree, the incentive is a more sound system. One that can control spam through fees.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree, self sufficiency is vital in maintaining all decentralized systems
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)
    Agree, this is important in maintaining real world rights to things like free press

I am a Python Developer with training in Machine learning. I have intermediate web3 experience.

ENS name : nftstaker.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:ENS is a great infrastructure on the blockchain. I feel very honored to be in it!
Views on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My Web3 qualifications / skills: 2017 blockchain deeply moved me. He is a great invention. Facing all the applicants, I feel like a beginner. They are the driving force for me to constantly learn blockchain knowledge!

ENS name: algodesk.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think ENS is a great initiative. The application of domain names in the field of digital currency is as convenient as the blockchain. It is as simple and understandable as browsing websites on the Internet, making currency transactions easier. Personal accounts are easier to remember. There is no doubt that this is the greatest Pioneering

Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.
My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3/solidity skills

ENS name: aavedao.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think ENS is a great initiative. The application of domain names in the field of digital currency is as convenient as the blockchain. It is as simple and understandable as browsing websites on the Internet, making currency transactions easier. Personal accounts are easier to remember. There is no doubt that this is the greatest Pioneering

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3/solidity skills.

ENS name: onlythelonely.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To assist in the governance, stability, and further propagation of the ENS protocol. As an early adopter of Ethereum domain names in 2019, I saw the value ENS would bring to Web 3.0 andthe EVM as a whole. I want to do what I can to help build and maintain a truly decentralized web.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: AGREE
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: AGREE
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: AGREE
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: AGREE

My web3 qualifications / skills: Economist. Futurist. Strategist. Experimenter. Early adopter. I am all-in. Complete decentralization of all human technology systems is the only way forward. DAOs are essential to the propagation of power into the hands of the many rather than the few.

ENS name: brettmontaigne.eth

ENS represents the first step towards a truly decentralized internet. This will enable censorship-resistant discussion and control of information.

Iā€™m a crypto trader, blockchain developer, and NFT artist. Being an ENS delegate to me means contributing to a more free and democratic participation flow of information and currency.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 992

Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree

Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree + Comment

Itā€™s clear the marketplace for eth addresses is bottlenecked by high gas fees and keyword limitations, restricting retail participation. Thereā€™s still a lot of friction due to fees and unavailability for Average Joe to go buy averagejoe.eth (if it is even still available). We need a roadmap for long-term onboarding of new TLD suffixes.

Blockchain developer on Ethereum (Solidity, ethers.js, Truffle stack, etc.)

Iā€™m also a crypto trader. Iā€™ve built custom ML models based on market price predictions. Releasing a new API soon that provides triangular arbitrage as a service for any arbitrary set of crypto assets. See my github for more details. https://www.github.com/brettmontaigne

Software developer for 6+ years, formerly a student @ UC Berkeley. Prefer functional programming. Python, Golang, Scala, Rust, and Haskell are my jam.

ENS name: aimuno.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to be a delegate as I want to promote the web3 Ethereum network and strongly believe this will help in smoothing decentralizing apps and help everyone to not depend on a few centralized companies.

Name ownership across different platforms will be beneficial for web3 apps.
    Fees incentivize help people motivated to come across.
    This is really important for the long-term integration of ENS across different web3 platforms

My web3 qualifications/skills I am a tech founder and also worked in the different distributed scalable systems in many high growth companies e.g. e-commerce and fintech domains, etc.
I have a great interest in web3 tech and how it is helping the community to build decentralized apps which will not depend on the mercy of a few big companies.
I am gaining knowledge of smart contracts and solidity skills.

Always been a learner and curious to learn about new tech trends.

ENS name: juanrumeu.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To be able to explain and communicate to the Spanish-speaking community of 700 million people the potential of the ENS project and its importance on the web3.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 1.0k

Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Comment) Except in possible cases of conflict with the DNS system where the ownership of a brand, sports team, company, etc, is proven.

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Comment) Renewal fees should be kept to avoid eternal blocking of some words and fund ENS team. If possible try to move the process to Layer 2 to minimise the cost of gas.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills: translator into Spanish / Metamask advanced user, /betatester, DAOā€™s experience through Aragon solutions.

ENS name: dominikto.eth

When I grew up (blocking the -back then- analog landlines at home) venturing out into dial-up bulletin board systems and later the early internet, almost everything online was about learning, tinkering, using and building open standards, interoperability, community and making new friends.

ENS and the community around it bring back fond memories of that time and I believe that ENS can be a core piece of infrastructure on the journey to bring back the time where everyone online was not just a user of proprietary products but an active participant on an open internet.

I will strongly advocate for ENS.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a developer and previously built a SaaS product (and company) to organize, sync & share contacts, calendars and taks across platforms and devices around our open core sabre/dav (a framework and server to implement the open standards WebDAV/CardDAV/CalDAV, powering sync features in products such as ownCloud, nextCloud, Box and a bunch of others). I am a lawyer by education.

So far I havenā€™t put any web3 project into production, but it probably goes without saying that I have tinkered with Solidity and am an avid web3 user and community member.

I spend my days looking at and working with all sorts of exciting founders and software companies along the modern software infra and developer tools stack - naturally almost all of them are open source companies.

You can find me on Twitter (@DominikTo).

I have been researching and discussing with friends and am very interested about the industry. I have lots to learn but am excited about the future prospects.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution 8

Name ownership is an absolute right:
Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods:
Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace:
Agree

**My web3 qualifications / skills:
I have basic knowledge and recently started to learn more. I am apart of a few discord chats which are feeling my engagement.

ENS name: 0xjd.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: We are truly believer of DAO, we need to be part of the governance. I want to support the development of ENS to make it as durable, robust, accessible and scalable as possible, with the goal of making it the Web3 standard for naming.
My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ] (Proposed ENS Constitution )

• Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have many experience in building communities, providing technology skills and we are resourceful in crypto industry including relationships with wallets, exchanges. I want to be part of the DAO governance and explore all possibilities of DAO.

ENS name: tibor.eth

Iā€™ve been following the progression of ENS since its inception in 2017 and purchased my first .eth domain after the bid-reveal system was changed to what we have now.

Iā€™m fascinated by the global namespace as a whole ever since the first offer I ever got which was for a 3 letter YouTube username in the 2000s.

That made me learn all about the multi-billion dollar industry of domains and now my goal is to help the community harness the full potential of .eth domains in this era of mobile payments, one touch trading, CBDCs and digital identity. Iā€™ve also held presentations about ENS at Eit Digital and at a Master of Finance program so far.

A fair-play fee system is also needed to give new users a chance to register considerably premium domains that would otherwise be left unused.

With .eth we have a whole new use case of domains - a standard for payments. So Iā€™d say yes!

Iā€™ve been working with Solidity and Remix for smaller contracts since version 4 but rather went with programming front-ends in Node, React and Angular recently. I also took part in testing the Gnosis Safe iOS prototype and helped rebrand it from Safe Multisig.

I believe that the constantly evolving technology of web3 results in always having a lot more to learn for everybody; and itā€™s been a fun journey for me so far!

ENS name: hyperdao.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: HyperDAO is one of the best performing IEO on OKex Jumpstart in 2020. We keep exploring the possibilities of DAO governance and believe that the UX of Web 3.0 is severely lacking and one of the biggest obstacles that need to be addressed before it can truly become the next paradigm for the internet.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree -

• Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree -

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree -

My web3 qualifications/skills:

• We currently work as a cryptocurrency startup as the lead QA for the project where we are always considering how the smallest details can affect the Web 3.0 experience from an end userā€™s perspective
  • We are knowledgeable on the current DNS system and currently interact with it on a regular basis
  • We have been into cryptocurrency since 2012 when we started mining BTC
  • We are early adopters of DAO governance and think that DAOs are the future
2 Likes

ENS name: kn00t.eth

I am seeking for ways to take responsibility for the tools I create as
an information technology researcher and therefore I put myself forward
to help building the number assignment clearinghouse of the Web3.

For decades now we observe and endure rising inequality, stagnation and the
manifestaton of the data sharing economy caused by just a few initial
design flaws:

In 1998 the pioneering, voluntary work of Jon Postel was replaced by a
private non-profit company to henceforth coordinate the assignment of
names (TLDs) to numbers (IP addresses).

Imagine how the internet would look like today, if we had DAOs in place
at that time to make coordinated, informed and joint decisions about
named entities.

Wallets can wrap almost everything now. Tokens (ā€œprogrammable moneyā€)
and smart contracts codify and efficiently scale trust and define social
identity for humans.

Postelā€™s robustness principle: ā€œBe liberal in what you accept, and
conservative in what you sendā€ when applied for governance tokens almost
seems like trivially true: His ingenious insight when combined with
decentralized, crypto-native technology can eventually be turned into
flexible, interoperable, scalable and community-owned (naming) systems.

Letā€™s begin to decentralize the allocation of names to wallet adresses.
Letā€™s build a cross-chain naming system for people to navigate the
Metaverse. Letā€™s proof Postelā€™s principle right.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

I am a technology-driven social individual. I aquired some technical
skills along the way. I worked in IT infrastructure and research data
projects for several years, followed by medical data interoperability
work and data-driven research for medical technology, tumor research,
microscopy and the humanities. I recently founded Alas DAO to advance
education as a public good with focus on STEAM education (science,
technology, arts, engineering and math) for children and teenagers from
disadvantaged backgrounds.

1 Like

ENS name:beanpiece.eht

i think many web3 service, and dapp service needed service. i am a export that section.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills: user experience skill, product Manager