ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS name: schuppi.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: While I am excited about the move towards being a DAO, I have already seen that voter apathy can be a huge problem going forward. I am happy ENS is starting with delegation right away - it helped MakerDAO tremendously. I have a solid background on pre-web3.0 internet and think we should push forward working together with e.g. ICANN to increase our footprint. We wonā€™t have a revolution without integrating with the legacy internet.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills:

• pre-web3 background: I have been working in the engineering division within 1&1 Ionos - the largest webhoster in Germany - for more than a decade. I have built up a pretty solid knowledge of the mechanics of the boomer-internet during that time
  • DAO: I am an active contributor of MakerDao - serving there as a Recognized Delegate and as a member of the MakerDAO Open Market Committee

ENS name: jacobmeyer.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
I want to help propel the Ethereum and web3 ecosystem forward in the best way possible to benefit our community and decentralization. I am a part of many large and well-connected communities in the space (MVHQ, BAYC, 721DAO, Anonymice, CoolCats, etc.), where I can aggregate our thoughts to make a collective decision.

I am well versed in the NFT space and on Crypto Twitter. I have been actively trading, consulting, and interacting since May 2021. I was also recently a Growth PM at NEAR Protocol until I decided to pursue NFTs and consulting full-time under Non-Fungible Consulting, LLC. I am very comfortable interacting with solidity contracts via etherscan and I look forward to integrating ENS Domains to L2s, such as IMX and Arbitrum. Along with being a part of many impactful communities, I also have a sizable following on Twitter (6.3k) to help spread our message and increase awareness of ENS and Web3.

Thank you for your time! Please reach out to me on Twitter if you have any further questions: https://twitter.com/Jacob___Meyer

ENS name: :ocean:waves.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I am passionate about participating and helping in any way I can with facilitating a sovereign internet for all. I believe ENS is a huge part of that infrastructure and I want to make sure that it is kept open for all to participate.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

I have no real qualifications that look good on paper. I participate in some discussions in Gitcoin when I can and I promise to be communicative and to always keep the majority of users in mind, new and old. Thank you for your consideration

ENS name: karika.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to participate in what I believe is next big leap in technological advance.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have moderate experience in writing Solidity Smart contracts on EVM, that I acquired participating i Hackatons.

ENS name: shingen.eth

I. Name ownership is an absolute rightļ¼ˆAgreeļ¼‰
II. Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanismļ¼ˆAgreeļ¼‰
III. Income funds ENS and other public goodsļ¼ˆAgreeļ¼‰
IV. ENS Integrates with the global namespaceļ¼ˆAgreeļ¼‰

Researcher and writing, education in Japanese

I agree to all items.
I am looking forward to the future that ENS will open up and I am honored to be a part of it!

First the RabbitHole task, then my ETH domain.

great ļ¼Œ go go go hyperdao dominate DAOs

ENS name: brutoshi.eth

I am a true believer of decentralization and community, as I first read bitcoin white paper in 2013, and joined Ethereum community in 2016. ENS is one of the foundation components of Web3 stack. While Iā€™m excited ENS has come a long way to deliver one of the best crypto products today, there are still some major pain points preventing average users from using it smoothly. I believe I can represent the ENS community and be a strong advocate for average users interests.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: agree

I am an engineer, crypto researcher and investor

1 Like

I think web3 needs a service like ENS to increase mass adoption. The UX has been strong and Iā€™m a big supporter.

I founded four companies in web1 and web2 and I know that web3 is the future. Iā€™m very excited to participate.

Reposting now in the correct place:

G R E E T I N G S F R E N S

How incredible to see this new development in the ENS Ecosystem!

I @ nettra.eth and I see ENS as critical for efficient, equitable and enjoyable interactions in Web3 going forward.

What is great about Web3 is the ability for individuals to truly own their assets. Beyond financial assets, what is critical for p2p interaction is a clear, yet flexible identity protocol. ENS offers an invaluable service to the Web3 community. Having accessible, effective and prestigious pseudonymous identifiers will be critical to our interactions going forward.

These are my stances on the following points.

AGREE: # I. Name ownership shall not be infringed

Web3 marks a break from Web2 practices. Big Tech and even well-meaning governments try to impose some standardized link between IRL and URL identifiers. I believe that choice and design of ENS names and ENS domains shoudl be up to the individual. We need to continue to protect this choice and this right to our digital property/asset. It is essential that ENS defends this accessible, equitable public service and resists against purely profit-motivated identifiers.

AGREE: # II. Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism

We see this in Web2 and in some low-gas Web3 protocols. No fee leads to more noise and spam. ENS should continue to collect fees to guide the right kind of behaviors that we want to see on the platform. ENS should also be willing to reconsider their fee structure to enable the kinds of behaviors we want to see going forward. We may also want to (very carefully!) consider scholarship programs or their equivalent when necessary. That is what I understand with this phrasing ā€œincentive mechanismā€- that is tied to the behavior we want to see (more optimal); not a way to make our overall experience in Web3 less optimal. This is critical for ENS to pioneer as we have seen many Web2 (and even some Web3) companies become distracted by non-essential revenue streams and forget their key purpose.

AGREE: # III. Income funds ENS and other public goods

ENS understands what they do well and carefully considers any new additional services and features. I believe that this is the way. It would also be helpful to have an innovation/R&D/experimental set of activities that are funded by ENS in the spirit of developing necessary public goods. I am grateful for ENSā€™ leadership in this space as we strive towards slaying Moloch.

AGREE: # IV. ENS Integrates with the global namespace

Despite ENSā€™ great leadership in this space, it does not act alone and it is also not the oldest identifying system. This last point is critical in the ENS constitution because it prevents us from becoming too tunnel focused on ENSā€™s dominance (read: ā€œENS maxiā€). As a public good provider, ENS must believe in a pluralistic world where different identifiers will exist. The goal of ENS is not to dominate the space but to improve the space as much as possible. If an existing protocol exists, it behooves ENS and the entire community to respect interoperability, rather than to refuse to cooperate. I particularly like this clause and agree with it wholeheartedly.

AGREE: # V. Amendments to this constitution by majority vote

Our community will evolve, as will the Web3 space. As forward-thinking as these clauses are; we may have forgotten something. This last clause is critical to ensure that the community has a way to alert builders on anything that they have overlooked/may be overlooking as we continue to create in this space.

My Web-3 Qualifications

• I understand the process through which new technology is commercialized is funded. I understand the threats that different revenue models and market pressures pose to community-driven goals.

It is my day job, received my PhD from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology and teach at Bayes Business School currently
I have supported different (crypto) ventures and venture accelerator programs, acting as a director and advisor (for startup), judge (for startup competitions) j

• I am excited about the possibility of Web3 to help us rebuild industries the way they should have been built the first time: that is, with inclusion and diversity as a key element.

In order to achieve the above, I hosted 19 consecutive episodes of Crypto Beyond Currency interviewing a pioneer in the crypto space (including Makoto Inoue/ENS, Jiho Zirlin/Axie, Jehan Chu/Kenetic, Alexandra Berto-Gilles/Aave and others).
I am currently working on my next thing, but you can see resources collected so far at crypto.nettra.club and cryptobeyondcurrency.club.

1 Like

ENS name: stems.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I like the metaverse. I am an avid user in this space.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Pretty good.

ENS name:

ChadNft.eth

Iā€™ve been in #crypto since 2011. I pretty much believe in the original ā€œEthosā€, anti-government, anti-corporations, anti-banks. Be your own bank, own your own keys.

I see web3 as the future. I want to keep web3 for the people.

A vote for me is a vote for the people.

Naturally I see ENS to play a huge part in web3.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/ IMMUTABILITY)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Disagree/ There should be some small monetization to grow the DAO)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/ Grow the DAO/ expand services)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/ True, also expand to other chains)

Come from a technical background. Been runing #bitcoin and $eth nodes since the beginning.
Currently still running nodes/mining/staking, in other chains also.
Currently semi-retired and working/developing mostly in the #nft space

1 Like

ENS name:
tsumugiai.eht

We are currently very interested in NFT, and would like to work on your project.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/

My web3 qualifications / skills: soso

ENS name: cgq0123.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Wish to embrace new tech and dev as a young graduate. I share the vision of DAO.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Not yet, willing to learn.

ENS name: illuminous.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Experience delegating in other chains. Major supporter and cheerleader helping spread the word and onboarding new users that want to learn more about it.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Data analyst professionally. Python & SQL. I soak in knowledge of all web3 both positive and negative and communicate this with acquaintances that would be most interested or impacted in the web3 space.

As great admirer of Rabbithole as a purely representative of Web3, I really support them as a great contributor for ENSDAO

**ENS name: 233.eth

I really appreciate and love this Program since it.first launch on 2017. At that time I make an auction to get a ENS Domain.

After migration to ERC721, the ENS ecosystem and trading function greatly approved since it comes with a standlized token. I really thank to this team and project, and am willing to contribute to the society of ENS.

As Im also a frontend engineer as well as smart.contract programming, I am quite familiar with web3 development, also should be my pro skills for this project.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Disagree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Disagree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree (Strongly)

Javascript, Solidity Programming
Debugging Smart Contracts
Familiar with multi-chain coding(EVM compatiable and TRON/Solana as well)

ENS name:

organelle.eth

Iā€™m interested in Ethereum / WEB3 technology in general.
I can be a delegate and represent the beginner Japanese Community.

I think proposed ENS Constitution will be the textbook for any DAO.

basic Solidity

1 Like

ENS name: bingnan.eth

Iā€™ve been a long-time web3 believer with most of my financial asset on chain. Iā€™ve also been flying the flag to on-board people around me to web3: I am currently the leader of UnknownDAO, the largest DAO at China aiming to empower individuals.

**My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution **

• Leadership: Admin of UnknownDAO, 1.5k members in a month
  • Finance: DeFi investment under my ENS name
  • Data analytics, machine learning
  • Progamming: Smart contract underwriting: I implemented: AstroCat NFT

Agree with that! Once you own an ENS domain it should be yours forever to keep or transfer or sell. The new ENS token could have utility that would earn yield that could fund the operations otherwise taken from ENS name owners via ā€œrentā€ on something they are supposed to own.