ENS name: yilak.eth
My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
My motivation for wanting to be a delegate: I’ve been using ENS since its inception. I use it for both my personal account and our project (amole). I was intrigued by the idea of a name registry in Ethereum.
I’ll lead efforts to integrate ENS with all major Ethiopian banks and wallets, as well as smart contract, to make ENS a standard for banks to build on as they transition to new systems.
That is why I am putting myself forward as a delegate candidate. I have strong views on decentralization, web3, and user ownership that have guided me in this sector since I first dabbled with crypto, and I believe I would be useful as a delegate in the DAO.
I believe it is critical to express principles as we embark on this path to align the community and ecosystem we hope to create around this endeavor
- Many more people should have access to financial services.
- I believe that free, fast, and low-cost money flow will spur economic growth.
- People have an intrinsic right to control the fruits of their labor.
- I think that we all have a responsibility to contribute to financial inclusion, promote ethical actors, and maintain the ecosystem’s integrity.
My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution 3]
- Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree. There should be no cause for the DAO to interfere with any ENS name holder’s fundamental right to name ownership.
- Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: I agree that the incentive component is important, but I also view it as a method for ENS to become self-sufficient.
- Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree. All proceeds should be used to support ENS
- ENS Integrates with the global namespace: I Agree the ENS DAO should strive to integrate with the global namespace on its own initiative.
My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a core developer for lbtil. I work as a peer-to-peer node operator and contribute to open-source peer-to-peer infrastructure. I manage a blockchain education initiative that helps individuals transition to new financial system, and I’m a 1/2 bitcoin maximalist also understand the need for different solution for different circumstance. I am good at Bringing fresh ideas to the table, challenging assumptions, and making progress when knowledge/resources are limited are some of my skills.