ENS DAO Delegate Applications

ENS Name: shogaku.eth

Reason for wanting to be a delegate: I am not a wealthy person and I am not involved in cutting edge technology, so I have the senses of a commoner. I think there is a need for such delegates.

Here are my views on each item in the proposed ENS Constitution.

• Ownership of a name is an absolute right. (agree/agree/comment)** I agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism. (agree/agree/comment)** Agree.
  • Revenue will help finance ENS and other public goods. (agree/disagree/comment)** Totally agree.
  • ENS will be integrated with the global namespace. (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I agree, I dream of a future where ENS is used as a matter of course.

My web3 qualifications/skills: I don’t have any special qualifications or skills. I have no special qualifications or skills, but I am familiar with Defi and the application itself on a daily basis.

1 Like

ENS name: adamsobotka.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I feel like a regular internet users are underrepresented. A technology makes a huge steps forward, but we need to move towards mainstream. I want to be advocate of this direction.
I am building a services that aims to make a blockchain more mainstream and ENS is a big step forward - ENS seems to be project that supports this vision and I want to be part of it.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution

Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree, this is my primary incentive. I want to support ENS development and similar projects. Also, I want to be sure that projects picked for support have enough technical quality and right vision)
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

My web3 qualifications / skills: I build several web3 projects and minted NFTs

ENS Name: kingbtc.eth

Reason for wanting to be a delegate: I am a blockchain PM and have built 2-3 small projects. I am very interested in the mechanics of how DAOs work which totally different from the traditional company. So I want to learn more and to build an awesome DAO in the ENS community together. That also will give me more experience so that I can build a new project with DAO governance.

Here are my views on each item in the proposed ENS Constitution.

• Ownership of a name is an absolute right. (agree/agree/comment)** I agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism. (agree/agree/comment)** Agree.
  • Revenue will help finance ENS and other public goods. (agree/disagree/comment)** I agree.
  • ENS will be integrated with the global namespace. (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I agree, we will connect the old internet and Web3(the new world).

My web3 qualifications/skills: I have a good understanding of how Web3 works and am very familiar with the DeFi, NFT, and other blockchain basics

ENS name: italiani.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I would like italians developers to participate in ENS development

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I studied law and law of internet. I also work as web developer and I have problem solver skills. I’m very interested in web3 development and I would like italians developer and citizens to participate in it.

Brantly. You’re my guy!

1 Like

ENS name:88dao.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:** To help support the community and drive ENS forward. I’ve been an ENS user from very early on and realized from onset how important it would be to web3; I look forward to helping ENS moving forward into the DAO-era.
My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution **

• Name ownership is an absolute right: Agree
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: Agree, but more like a disincentive to prevent users from simply sitting on names without using them.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Avid cryptocurrency researcher and long time ethereum node operator. I strive to fully research any project to its core and understand as much about it as possible. This, in my opinion, makes me a good choice to become a delagate.

1 Like

ENS name: heyjim.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I would like to provide some contributations to the governance of ENS

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am good at Cloud architecture, mainly focused on architecture and operations for organizations.

ENS name: timbeau.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I strongly believe that the future is already underway and that ENS and its ecosystem are fundamentally changing the web3 landscape.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: AGREE
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: AGREE
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: AGREE
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: AGREE

My web3 qualifications / skills: I interface with web3 from a business case and frontend standpoint.

1 Like

DefiCastle.eth

I would like to be a delegate in order to support the mission and goals of decentralized ownership of this domain naming system, ensuring fair access and open use without censorship.

Section 1 Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
Section 2 Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
Section 3 Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE
Section 4 ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) AGREE

My web3 qualifications / skills: I work with technical documentation creating tutorials and content to bridge the gap between developers and active community members.

1 Like

ENS name: limitlessgenius.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:
I’m new to the ENS domains space after having just been dropped plenty of free coins and doubling my stack. The more I learn about the ENS Dao and general concept of this system the more I want to become an active participant in governance.

My view on each section of the proposed ENS Constitution :

As far as I have seen, these starter established fundamental principles for the ENS constitution are perfectly reasonable and I support them all having no initial disagreement with any of them.

Name ownership shall not be infringed:

Agree.

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism:

Agree.

Income funds ENS and other public goods:

Agree.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace:

Agree.

My web3 qualifications / skills:

I do not know how to code or to read code. But what I can do is understand and provide philosophical principles and apply them to ENS domains governance. I have been active in cryptocurrency since May of 2017. As time goes on, I’m diving deeper and deeper in the ENS Domains Web3 Infrastructure and I’m looking forward to adding my support to this revolutionary next generation dot com.

I have started a new local ENS server to organize my efforts to become a delegate and support ENS domains generally.

Discord Server : https://discord.gg/limitlessgenius

Twitter : https://twitter.com/BMindfulofDeath

1 Like

blatz.eth

I found it frustrating that I could not find any contrarian views on the proposed ENS Constitution among the current delegates. I personally find some of these proposals to be poorly thought through.

Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
Rights of ownership are mandatory and should never be questioned or infringed upon.

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Disagree
Squatting and Speculators will not be put off by high fees they can afford and will allow for those with excessive funds to dominate the market and price actual users out of the market. Obviously, ENS should be able to charge fees to maintain and upgrade the service.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Disagree
I take issue with this very broad constitution item. The Community treasury is currently valued at 113810eth or almost half a billion dollars this is a lot of runway to maintain and improve the service and I believe the DAO should establish a diversification strategy for these funds to reduce systemic risk and provide passive income.

In my opinion, the second item of this clause is absurd. This is an incredibly broad statement that allows for funds to be redistributed anywhere for any purpose. This would allow a small number of people to benefit themselves in any number of ways. I can present any number of ideas to better distribute excess funds that can be put into a firm contract that requires no subjective interpretation. CODE IS LAW!

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
.com is an established top-level domain, anything other than agreeing with this would cause confusion. ENS benefits from integrating the legacy system quickly and easily, allowing it to subvert that system.

My understanding and skills in the legacy system, protocols, and dev environment allow me to identify the strengths and weaknesses of both systems, giving me the experience to determine where to best allocate resources.

I’ve played around with Solidity enough to adapt and distribute a contract creating my own coin Doh 0x4CeE61FBD91192b3c3114d0fe1b845022775A7d9 replay to my post and I’ll send you some Doh. Just a faucet, not a bribe ;).

Vote for blatz.eth

ENS name: NunoJorge.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I want to support the development of ENS to make it as durable, robust, accessible and scalable as possible. An excellent idea is always beautiful to push forward. A beautiful idea consubstantiated in a DAO, it is a wonder…

My view on each section of the [proposed ENS Constitution ]** (Proposed ENS Constitution )

Name ownership is an absolute right: ( Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment)- Agree
Income funds ENS and other public goods: ( Agree/Disagree/Comment)- Agree
ENS Integrates with the global namespace: ( Agree /Disagree/Comment) - Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: I am a project manager in blockchain development and architecture.

1 Like

ENS name: btcfuture.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I believe I can represent the people and listen to what they want. Whether is be companies or whales to artists, creators, or investors.

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: Have been involved with web 3 since the early summer. I know a little bit of solidity and can read code.

1 Like

ENS name: starbuckskorea.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I think i have the motivation to be an ENS Delegator, also i’m really into Ethereum

• Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** Agree.
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment)** I totally Agree.
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) I agree, ENS should be the standard on the Global Namespace in the future.

My web3 qualifications / skills: I have basic web3/solidity skills.

ENS name: bigpoppacode.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate:

I would like to be a delegate because I believe that ENS is a necessary public utility that must belong to the community at large. The over centralization of a protocol would be catastrophic especially to traditionally underserved communities like the black community. My desire is to use my near 20 years of experience as a self taught developer and user of web technologies to help give my voice when I can. I also believe that ENS will create a better authentication system for the web and the metaverse and all the work I do as an engineer is geared toward this use case.

ENS governance must not enact a change increasing or reducing the extension costs of a list of existing ENS names, as this would unfairly benefit or penalize a handpicked group.
    ENS governance may increase the price of name registrations in order to address excessive speculative registrations induced by a price that is set too low, or because the current price is insufficient to fund ongoing ENS operations at a reasonable level.
    ENS governance may offer grant funding for a public good unrelated to ENS or Ethereum, so long as doing so does not affect the long-term viability of ENS.
    ENS governance should grant control of a top-level domain to its owner in the DNS system on request.

Hi , My qualifications are as follows, I am a self taught developer who has been using the web as a developer since I made Myspace/Xanga pages for friends in high school going back to 2003.
I am currently the Head of Engineering for a venture backed startup with Investment from Mac Ventures, BackStage Capital and Twitter.
My company seeks to use ENS a single sign in solution and a more decentralized authentication system, and create alternative ways to allow people to communicate peer to peer & creator to audience in a new way. We are also one of the few Black Owned Businesses in this space, and I’m dedicated to change that in the future. I also have taught nearly 300 students how to be Web Developers, Software Engineers, and Product Managers.

ENS name: oneminddreaming.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: decentralized finance is the only future that is egalitarian.

Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agreed as first principle

Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Agreed. Within context.

Income funds ENS and other public goods: Agreed. Again, within context.

ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agreed. This would be in the best interest of the DAO.

My web3 qualifications / skills: marketing technology circa 2017. Slow learner. Work horse. NFT collector. Hip hop artist.

**ENS name: nanderson.eth

**My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: Continue to grow interest in web3. Crypto is a large hobby and I want to do something that helps grow this community for years to come.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree)
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)

**My web3 qualifications / skills: Work in tech by day. Crypto and web3 is a hobby by night. I have some solidity skills.

ENS name: MKarpushko.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: To help shape the future of web3 by participating in the governance of a cornerstone product in the space.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: Agree - As long as there is a warning period and potentially also an option for refund if the changes affect the operation someone had in place when originally purchasing the domain under the old rules.

• Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: Disagree (with current wording) - What is a “reasonable” level of operation? Should limits be put in place before the protocol grows even further? I do not disagree with the ability to change the fee amount/structure, but I think its worth considering the potential for abuse with the current wording. I think there also needs to be a minimum warning time before such changes are enacted, so that people have plenty of time to prepare (maybe 3 months?).

• Income funds ENS and other public goods: Disagree - To me this feels like its open for Cronyism. With a 1 token 1 vote system, whales over time will gain more and more power and sway, but even without the tokens based voting issues there may be people in the DAO with more social sway then others, either of these two groups could manipulate article 3 to their advantage, funding their friends projects. If there is any question about the long term lifespan of the ENS protocol (as suggested in article 2), then maybe allocating grants to things outside of ENS is not a good idea? What happens if ENS treasury funds a non-ENS related protocol but then years later the bear market hits and the protocol is forced to raise fees? Is the funding of non-ENS projects worth risking the long term life of ENS? Instead of grants, what if the ENS DAO was to invest in other public goods in return for tokens which it could add to the treasury, and sell if needed instead of raising fees?

• ENS Integrates with the global namespace: Agree *- This is very useful to onboard web2 entities. *

My web3 qualifications / skills: On-Chain analytics, Business Strategy (Focused on how Web2 businesses can use Web3), Marketing, & Research Analysis.

1 Like

ENS name: snxambassador.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: As one of the Synthetix Ambassador members of this epoch, it is our duty to represent the Synthetix community in governance decisions made in other protocols. Becoming a delegate will empower us to represent them effectively.

• Name ownership shall not be infringed: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Fees are primarily an incentive mechanism: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree
  • ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree/Disagree/Comment) Agree

My web3 qualifications / skills: Synthetix Core Contributor (Frontend and Protocol Engineering), Synthetix Ambassador Member

ENS name: steakwallet.eth

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: This application is on behalf of steakwallet.eth, the DAO behind Steakwallet and application and the ecosystem growing around it. Steakwallet is a multi chain wallet but treats Ethereum mainnet as a so called home chain, the application itself is deeply integrated with ENS and we’d like to be part of shaping the future of ENS in the coming decades.

My web3 qualifications / skills: We’re the DAO behind Steakwallet, a multi chain, self custodial cryptocurrency wallet.