ENS Domain Translations

I would really love to see the expansion in language translations. Quite limited.

6 Likes

I heard @alisha.eth talking about translations/translators in a Twitter space yesterday.
She said that she received quite a few messages from people willingly to help on this topic.

Now with the Stewards elected, and working groups/topics are being formed I think this will see progress in the upcoming time.

Note to working groups: Alisha also received a message from me, willingly to translate. :wink:
(C2 in native language, with a partner who is a professional writer as backup/check)
Hook me up for more info.

2 Likes

https://discuss.ens.domains/t/about-the-translation-category/9829

A topic just has been made. @ka2n You can follow updates here.

1 Like

Progress will absolutely be made on this. Community WG is on it!!!

5 Likes

Hello Community,

I have nominated myself to lead ENS Domain Translations from English to Spanish. I will work with the Community WG stewards (@Coltron.eth @spencecoin @Limes) to translate relevant ENS material from English to Spanish. I will work with two additional contributors from the ENS Spanish Channel to help translate the documentation.

4 Likes

Suggestion to use this tool for Translation Services work:

Hello Folks,

I’ve nominated myself to lead ENS Domain Translations from English to Turkish. I’m currently working on Ethereum Whitepaper translation and Ethereum Glossary. I have over 50k words translated/transcripted on ethereum.org. I would like to collaborate with other community members soon and get it started.

Regards,

2 Likes

I’m interested to translate in French.
What tools do you recommend for tracking progress and working in groups on translation ?
What is the scope and priority of the documents to be translated ?

Maybe a common plan with the different parts to be translated would be practical to collaborate. For the translation of the ENS website, a simple Google Sheets was created.

2 Likes

The easier way would be using Crowdin platform.

1 Like

Yes I agree with @ka2n. We can also have a look at Ethereum’s Translation Program and adapt their best practices when creating a Translation Program of our own.

4 Likes

I have a say about the prospective ENS Translation Program.
Decentralization is the zeitgeist!
In our translations, It is crucial to reflect the philosophical implications and potential applications of decentralism. We should approach the source documents not only as technical documents but also as philosophical essays. There is a great importance of underlining DAO values.
ENS is an integral part of Ethereum White Paper. It needs to be emphasized too.

3 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t know about this. I’ll get to it soon.

1 Like

Count on me. Regrads. may be this can be a good point to start: https://preview.ens.domains/

2 Likes

Nice one! We both can work together to translate this, Juan. We will count on the formation of the Translation sub group to lead this effort.

2 Likes

We can also use Crowdin platform to create a translation program for ENS.

2 Likes

This seems like a neat idea. However, I’d like to see members from the ENS community rewarded, versus outsourcing to a translation group. It may be more streamlined/quicker to use crowdin, but I think we should give the opportunity to contributors within the ENS community. @Coltron.eth

3 Likes

@zadok7 I agree that we shouldn’t be outsourcing this outside of our community. Thankfully, Crowdin should allow us to gatekeep to translators within the ENS community.

From what I seen in the demos and messing around with the interface myself, it looks like a really powerful tool that would integrate into our existing repos and dramatically cut down on the management process.

@bobjiang and @estmcmxci have both expressed interest on leading the management of the translation group and have at least some experience with this type of work. I’m sure they could find a way to encourage contribution from within our own community.

2 Likes