ENSIP On Chain Source Parameter

It is due to the different contract / internal transactions, and hard to decode the transactions because itā€™s an unverified contract.

I think we might have to switch to indexing by contract events rather than transactions, since internal transactions do emit events on the official ENS registrar. But these events donā€™t include the secret, so weā€™ll ultimately still have to get it from the transaction itself. I can think of a hacky way to do this just for ens.vision, but ideally we donā€™t have to handle each contract individually.

Iā€™m talking to the sort.xyz team to see if they have ideas, or I can probably build a custom indexer and include it in the same open source repo.

4 Likes

No, the same approach would not work for setting text records (including avatar) because thereā€™s no secret parameter, which is what weā€™re using to track registrations. The only reason the secret exists in registrations is to prevent front-running, which isnā€™t a problem with text records.

2 Likes

Hey everyone. We will release another bulkreg in the near future (will consider verifying it) so now is the time we can add some kind of ā€œstandardizedā€ event if you guys think that is the way.

But that seems also like a lot of overhead to manage / know all contracts which act as registers on your end?

I can also share the existing ABI for you to decode our transaction if that helps. Iā€™ve already added the ABI to dune long ago for example and the Secrets can be viewed with this data:

ā€œensbulkreg_v5_ethereum.ENSVisionBulkv4_call_visionRegisterā€

edit 2- of course i just re-read the thread and saw sort.xyz is using Dune in the back end ā€¦ :smiley:

2 Likes

was thinking a little more and the Event might not even work for my next version ā€¦ as im not passing individual params to my function in the new version per register callā€¦ but instead its acting like a traditional multicaller working with a bytes[] ā€¦ could just emit the whole bytes string and you decode that to get Register paramsā€¦ but :neutral_face:

hmmm Iā€™ll reach out in twitter dms to brainstorm this more