[EP5.11] [Executable] Proposal: Fund the Meta-Governance Working Group (Term 5)

Hey thanks for opening this post.

As I contacted you and Nick in TG the currently ongoing Tally vote is pointing to the wrong post. The one from back in October. In fact the Tally executable proposal was opened without any corresponding forum discussion.

In the October discussion both myself and others had raised concerns about the transparency on payments for stewards and how the money is spent.

Note that this is not about not paying stewards, or not paying people. God forbid.

This is about:

1. Having a big forum thread where a lot of issues on transparency were brought up and not addressed back in October of last year regarding MG compensation and spending.
  2. Then now we open an onchain executable proposal that moves ~$3.9m worth of tokens into the meta governance address without any discussion in the forum.
  3. The onchain vote is missing a thread where the DAO delegates can discuss, raise concerns and ask questions and is pointing to an old thread! This one only got opened now because I raised the issue.

This is not getting better at the communication and transparency problems that were pointed out but worse. Sad to see.

What’s worse I am surprised almost every delegate with the exception of @SpikeWatanabe.eth has voted for this. Don’t you guys read the proposal, visit the linked threads and see something is off?

Due to this confusion, the lack of following required submission process and no improvement since the last discussion where the transparency concerns were raised I am going to vote NO here.

2 Likes