[EP2] [Executable] Retrospective airdrop for accounts that owned another account's primary ENS name

Voted. Got a question. Since there is already a forum post to discuss this, why make another forum post, this time a poll, instead of going directly to snapshot?

Just curious. No criticism.

Also have we created somewhere perhaps a set of guidelines of what the lifetime of a discussion proposal should be? Example: Forum post discussion at least 7 days → If clean signal open snapshot → if passed make on-chain proposal to execute etc.

1 Like

The previous post was a “temp check” - an optional first step to see what people think of an idea before proceeding to a formal proposal. This one is a draft proposal - an opportunity for participants to provide feedback on an actual proposal before it goes to a formal vote.

We’re still experimenting with polls and how useful they are; I figure it is useful to attach one to either the temp check, the draft proposal, or both, to get an indication of whether it’s worth proceeding to the next step.

We have some docs on the governance process, though they could probably use expanding and clarifying.

4 Likes

I support this and would use the votes delegated to me to vote in favor of it it was put to a vote

3 Likes

Metaphor.xyz supports this too (I can’t vote on the poll, seems I lost my Delegate tag)

2 Likes

I’ve edited the proposal slightly to specify that the proposal is asking True Names to write and deploy infrastructure to facilitate this. Unless there are objections, I’m going to advance this to a Snapshot vote.

Edit: I’ll do this tomorrow at around this time, so people who don’t live in the future like those of us in NZ have a chance to see this and respond on a weekday.

4 Likes

I’m in support of this

3 Likes

This is now live on Snapshot!

1 Like

I support this even i am not delegate

2 Likes

Voted yes in support

1 Like

Also voted yes.

Just curious, True Names I’m assuming hasn’t started any infrastructure work on this, so if this passes we should then expect some time for them to complete their work before the on-chain proposal is created, is that right?

4 Likes

We will support this proposal. Just a question: are there some black hole addresses on the receiver list?

I am in favor, as it is in-line with the spirit of the airdrop

1 Like

I’ve written the airdrop contract (see my post in the dev category for details). Once it’s ready, it can be deployed as soon as the distribution is locked in.

My expectation would be that if this proposal passes, we put up the “accidentally sent funds” amendment for a snapshot vote, and then we can set the final amount, deploy the contract, and start the onchain vote straight afterwards.

No, only accounts that were in the original airdrop are on the list.

2 Likes

Fully support this. I would have perhaps aligned the date with the deadline for delegate application, given the reverse registar was one of the requirements. I set mine 29 days ago (29 days 13 hrs ago (Nov-02-2021 11:13:22 AM +UTC) for this purpose, and would seem I missed the window for this retroactive airdrop. Regardless, so happy for this initiative and the frENS that will benefit. Congrats!

1 Like

Just curios about

0x000000000000000000000000000000000000dEaD

0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000001

:face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

totally support on this and would use the votes delegated to me to vote in favor. As ENS DAO belongs to the community of people part of the ENS Domains names holders.

1 Like

Makes sense. Exercised my share of delegacy :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I absolutely agree if it is as explained - I do however wish to point out, there should be some limitation.

If over a period of time, a single wallet registers 5 .eth(s), each time, assigning them as primary to their wallet - then changing them as they buy new/better/different ones - then they should only get the 2x on one single registration.

The time of snapshot, is the time of snapshot - I understand giving the bonus to wallets that may at that time not had a primary set but having had it in the past… But not a bonus for every different ens that was at one time set to primary.

Like being employed, I don’t get to keep the benefits from one job, should I go to another.

1 Like

There are names that were registered and then “burned” by transferring them to these addresses. As a result the addresses own names and are entitled to an airdrop!

2 Likes

I am in support of this proposal. I remain AFK on my signing keys (fix in progress), so won’t see my vote. Thanks!