Gamestop.eth - chipotle.eth-

Hi, I just wanted to make a quick post to whoever owns the domains stated in the title. I know that Gamestop and chipotle are actively trying to acquire their ENS domains but are not able to because a few squatters are not willing to open up discussions and are just waiting around for some landfall bid of 1 million dollars or something of this nature. I would encourage owners to think big picture here. If Chipotle and Gamestop fail to acquire their ENS names that devalues your entire collection ( and everyone elses) these are two mainstream companies that want to put ens into actual use. If they fail to even be able to acquire their names then in my opinion you two holders have single handedly slowed down ENS adoption by a very significant margin AND devalued the rest of your ENS collection. Please set a reasonable price or put an anonymous email like skiff.com on your opensea account so that we can see ENS utilised by the real world outside of just speculation.

2 Likes

Well said! I couldn’t agree more. We shouldn’t be hindering mass adoption by asking unreasonable prices and/or squatting on company names that will ultimately help gain traction for us all.

1 Like

you got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em

1 Like

I had a convo with a buddy who was looking for gamestop.eth. Whomever owns that one also interacted with me on a dApp back in 2020.

Still trying to get in contact with them.

1 Like

I want to be clear I don’t think there is anything wrong with holding these names or for wanting a payout for them but I do think not having a way to let an organisation contact you is a bit foolish. I think large companies probably wont mind paying larger amounts so long as it is not in public. If we look at coca-cola.eth for example Coca-Cola has been quietly collecting its ENS names related to it but every one of their acquisitions are done behind closed doors. The sellers have a way to be contacted in their bio. I think the saddest thing is gamestop dropped their nft market place today without their ens. I know they had really cool plans for their market place with ens because they had a teaser site up that said : sign in with ethereum. But since they were unable to acquire their ENS they scrapped that idea and just launched a regular nft market place. Honestly probably to their detriment and to the detriment of the ENS growth in general. Ultimately I think ENS will still grow but it is sad to see an opportunity go to waste over something so simple as putting a contact in your opensea bio. One way to remain anonymous is to use the messaging system in blockscan or use skiff both allow you to use your ens address as a way to receive messages from anyone anonymously. So if you own some big brand names and want to sell them consider creating a mode of communication. This will increase your chances of getting a sale imo.

1 Like

Chat online by way of ent domain wallet, this should solve the communication barrier

1 Like

Etherscan has a messaging feature for Ethereum wallets. That could be an option for communication:

1 Like

yeah I think g-s.eth is a good alternative also I like player1.eth ( I don’t own it) as a solid alternative for them as well. I know player1.eth has a contact in their bio.

1 Like

Are we now using the DAO discuss forums to shill our own domains?
Poor form. Keep these forums clear of that practice please.

2 Likes

@184.eth

I would like to welcome you in your participation here on the ENS Discourse as this is the first post you have created. We welcome you to provide your input, thoughts, ideas, etc. It’s important that any and all feedback, posts, replies or topics that are presented are aligned with the values ENS members believe in.

Although your response is valid, I believe the main topic being discussed here is finding a solution for domain squatting. I don’t believe that any response; that is currently visible or removed had the intention of a shill, or using the DAO forum to advertise, spam or solicit. There is a thin line between a shill and a recommendation; being that this forum is founded on the premise of using ENS to establish identity for individuals, entities or whoever else fits the bill and give effort towards larger adoption–these conflicting ideas have the possibility of colliding. I removed my post because I trust that if a user believes it to be a shill, advertisement or form of solicit–I honor their opinion. I personally have not read in the ToS that providing a solution to a problem is to be prohibited and shall enforced. If there is such documentation that provides guidance please correct my misstatement.

Please refrain from:

• ad-hominem attacks.
  • condescending language or tone.
  • knee-jerk reactions.
3 Likes

For some reason, my post was taken down

All I was doing was showing that there is another way for companies to get an ENS name

You don’t NEED to get your exact name, look outside the box and take advantage, as soon as you do that your actual name is then kinda worthless to the owner and easier to buy if needed/wanted