Link to Snapshot: Nomination
Preferred Name and/or ENS name: netto.eth / Alex Netto
Forum username: @netto.eth
Twitter / X profile link (optional): @alextnetto
Why do you want to be a Steward of this Working Group?
Term 6 was a rollercoaster, but even with the challenges, we had meaningful deliveries that I feel proud of. I’m also happy to see strong candidates nominating, people I’d be glad to collaborate with on improving ENS governance. That makes me more comfortable nominating again.
I think ENS is in a very important moment. Morale is lower than it should be, inevitably because our industry is very sensitive to price action, but we have something very unique: active, motivated, and passionate contributors. Many communities and products wish they had this kind of engagement. ENS should remain open, easy to participate in, and easy to contribute to. Retaining and attracting talent, and making the DAO and community a growth engine, feels especially important now.
I’ve been contributing to ENS for the last 4 years and have context across the protocol, governance contracts, treasury, and social layer.
Relevant experience/context:
- I have Software engineering/CS background with a deep technical understanding of the ENS protocol and governance contracts, which helps with proposal building and technical decisions.
- I spearheaded the creation of the Security Council, after a high-risk governance attack was identified through research, writing the smart contract and helping the community understand and approve the proposal.
- I’ve consistently attended and contributed to Meta-Gov and Ecosystem working group calls (~90%), even when OOO, sick, or in difficult timezones.
- As founder and CEO of blockful, I also bring experience from working with DAOs like Uniswap, Arbitrum, Optimism, Scroll, Shutter, and others, especially around security, research, protocol development, governance tooling, and coordination.
My main goals are:
- Implement the roadmap from the recent retro, especially clearer procedures around CoI and accountability.
- Experiment with mechanisms to increase engagement and retention during this period, with the goal of the DAO/community serve as leverage for growth.
- Improve participation and turnout, so governance is more secure and resilient.
- Support delegates with better processes, tools, and information (like the third-party research hired for the last IPS review).
- Encourage more sustainability and long-term thinking across the DAO.
I care a lot about ENS, and I think my contributions over the last years show that through actions. I’m excited to nominate again and hopefully continue serving the DAO with the context, technical skills, and coordination experience that I believe are a good fit for this working group.
Any other information you wish to share with Delegates (e.g. potential conflicts or existing engagements):
I’m the founder of blockful, which is also a service provider for the ENS DAO. In situations where a conflict of interest arises from being both a steward and a service provider, I’ll abstain from the decision.