Profile Attestation NFT

Right… they are planning to use ZK proofs for KYC to maintain privacy. That bit is entirely unrelated to the part about ENS. I’ll exit this thread now cause I’m a little lost on what we’re talking about at this point :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The possibilities are really endless, but the basic idea is that the ENS domain its self with the avatar image will not be the user profile of the future. It is necessary to build a layer on top of Avatar NFTs and ENS user names, to create verified profiles. This is exactly what Coinbase is doing, and exactly what I was talking about. I think there could be a decentralized version of this, so basically a profile DAO. It would do the same thing, offer verified profiles with features, including attestations.

2 Likes

A user identity is just their ENS name, not a combination of Avatar + ENS. You don’t need to verify they own their avatar NFT for anything important. If a platform allows for unnormalized names, it is a broken implementation. It seems best to spend time on normalization and display standards for unicode ENS names, so that platforms can handle any confusing chars in a consistent way. I think a custom typeface that distinguishes confusables might be helpful, available in standard font formats as well as via metadata SVG.

I’ve seen the issue of “my token is in my vault/other wallet” come up more often, and I think it could be addressed by having the vault owner maintain a list of active hot wallets, like some kind of family plan. It could be done with additional TXT records on their ENS name, just like multiple A records are valid in DNS.

In the example of tickets, the platform should track which ticket/token IDs have already been used for access. It would be a security bug if the owner could move the token to another wallet and still gain access.

We are working on a novel PFP for 10K Club that lets users combine their “number” ENS and an avatar NFT. The PFP contract verifies ownership of both items when initially set, but the ongoing ownership verification will be handled by the metadata server, which renders a composition image of both number and avatar. We hope to support NFTs across multiple wallets by using custom TXT records that indicate additional wallet(s) to be considered for ownership verification. Any additional wallets would require a reciprocal (reverse) TXT record in their primary ENS, and all these records must include a signature.

1 Like

Saw this today:
https://claim.lens.xyz/claim

Wider access will be rolled out soon to all ENS domain owners. In the
meantime, take a walk through the garden and see what’s been built on Lens.

Things are starting to really move in this space, the race is on between lens and coinbase to create the number one Web3 profile. Anyone know of any other Web3 profile services?

Looks like ENS is at the center of both projects.

This looks like it could be used to sell complex profiles, including ENS names, Avatar NFTs, NFT tickets and membership passes in a single transaction.

Hello @Premm.eth

Personally thinking about; when someone set up a new avatar; they want to see only image, without any additional logo, text as domain name, or background.

On other side; secondary marketplaces need to implement better UI design practices;

• Smaller avatar size
• Character count
• Font with slashed zero
• Font with clear difference between the number 1, and lowercase letter L
• Domain expiration date
• Clear warning if domain contains non-ASCII characters

Someone who can get in touch with secondary marketplaces like OpenSea, LooksRare, X2Y2 and recommend above mentioned practices? Thanks.

I think you are possibly confusing the avatar text record with the image of the ENS domain (as an NFT) itself?

The ENS metadata service dynamically creates the representation of the ENS token for secondary marketplaces and galleries by rendering the standard ENS overlay on top of the image linked via the avatar text record.

So the place to change the font to fix named issues (slashed zero, 1, l (lowercase L), I (capital I) etc. confusion would be the metadata service itself: https://github.com/ensdomains/ens-metadata-service

The community must also be careful with what they report because in my personal case I bought Ronald1nh0.eth intentionally. It is not to scam anyone, my real son’s name is Ronaldinho and I have played creatively that Ronaldinho is the eternal 10. And it is not for sale.

2 Likes

Assuming that this is a problem that needs to be solved, I don’t understand why you’re proposing such a convoluted solution to what can be solved with a simple outline:

bfd4b316d07d3d6bfa9929f3361e2c41412ab0a2

397ab2bac3ac04b3c48a9bc9732e59ded658c51b

Adding a simple outline makes it immediately apparent if a character is a part of the background or not.

In order to solve people adding things like umlauts to characters using the avatar you could also make the fill inside the outline be non-transparent.

You could also do things like add semi-transparent dithering around the ENS name so that any white text close to it that’s part of the background would become light/dark grey:

gloo_darkglow

igloo_darkglow

The i in the avatar is then tinted grey by the dark glow around the text, this distinction could be adjusted to be more or less obvious by how heavy the dark glow is.

These are just two of many different methods that can be used to solve this issue.

2 Likes