Proposal to Correct ENS Transfer Mistake

Hello ENS DAO Governance Forum,

I appreciate the forum is brand new, however I have a personal issue I would appreciate you could consider. I have raise this already through the ENSDomains discord forum, and the Devs/Mods recommended I take my case here.

As an owner of domains, I was able today to claim my $ENS (117.7 tokens). However, when I went to transfer my $ENS to my other MetaMask account, I accidentally sent back to the ENS contract. I guess I had the ens contract copied from when I added the coin to MM, and I didn’t copy my target wallet address correctly.

I know the transaction cannot be “reversed”. And I know my claim cannot be “reset”. I am asking that the tokens which I “returned” to the DAO be gifted back to me.

I really believe in ENS and the DAO. I actually had already invested in tokens OTC and am holding them. It is a shame I made this mistake… I appreciate your consideration.

I am really crushed by my mistake. I have evidence of the claim and return below. This is the transaction ID: 0xa398acc2a5d76cf815df0e678f1e00cd7b940bd8c861038336887189e76b39a0

Kind regards
slacker

2 Likes

Thank you @nick.eth for moving my request to the appropriate category. Could you please advise on how best I can follow this up / propose this formally to the constituents?
Thank you

1 Like

I think the best option would be to apply for access to the DAO (“Request Access”, top right), and put this forward as a Temp Check in the Meta-Governance category. If enough people were affected, the DAO may agree to put through a proposal to pay this out of the treasury, since the tokens can later be reclaimed.

4 Likes

Thank you Nick, I have submitted my participant request. I appreciate the advice!!

1 Like

SAME EXACT issue with me too. Sent my tokens back to ENS. Feeling bummed about this! @nick.eth id I post my question in the correct category? I also requested access but was denied - any advice on how to be accepted?

1 Like

Thank you @slacker same happened to me! Thank you for spearheading this topic :slight_smile:
@nick.eth also much appreciated!

2 Likes

My ENS was also transferred to the contract address by mistake, a total of 122, I hope the team can return it, transaction hash: 0x888654c907ad971c1bbfb404eeb2382720f1290b92a480f453e6a920d70c7c10

1 Like

My ENS has also been transferred to the contract address by mistake. There are 122 in total. I hope the team can return them. These tokens are very important to me. Transaction hash: 0x888654c907ad971c1bbfb404eeb2382720f1290b92a480f453e6a920d70c7c10

2 Likes

Wow am I glad to find this thread. Same exact issue as all of you! Completely crushed and sent my ENS tokens right back to smart contract vs my personal wallet. Would love to put forward a proposal as a group to reverse. I am sure the DAO community would completely understand.

Appreciate some of the veterans taking the lead on this issue. (Slacker & Nick.eth) Thank you. As a newbie, it’s tough to navigate these waters.

2 Likes

Already a proposal for this. I, for one, will be in favor of supporting this. I believe for the DAO to keep these tokens would be dishonest, as they should belong to their rightful owner.

1 Like