Proposed ENS Constitution

• We will support community governance and expand the ENS ecosystem
4 Likes

Agree.
I believe that both ENS and the DAO space have matured enough that now is the time to pass ENS governance over to the community via the creation of a DAO and the $ENS governance token.

5 Likes

I agree with these four rules.

I thought all of them are very important to run DAO and should be followed.

6 Likes

I feel like there is some misunderstanding over article II. The point is not to try and lock in ENS’s rent-based model; it would be totally legitimate for the DAO to decide to change how ENS charges for domains. The point, rather, is to emphasise that the reason to charge for domains is first and foremost to preserve the namespace for future users - that is, to prevent all the desirable names being registered by speculators immediately - and not primarily as a source of income. That’s why the negative example is charging for registration of a DNS name; there’s no legitimate reason for the DAO to charge for this, even though DNS names nominally compete with .eth names.

4 Likes

totally agree, owners should be able to obtain hacked or missed domain previously they have had

6 Likes

It is undeniable that ENS is currently on the rise. DAO governance seems to be a good way out. After all, unlike traditional web domain projects, openness is the advantage of the blockchain world.

6 Likes

Totally agree
In addition to the amendment, I think at least 20% of the participating tokens can be amended, as this proposal is a constitutional level proposal for ENS.

2 Likes

目前具体是什么细则,还在等待中吗?不是很清楚当前的规则

1 Like

同意,支持社区共同治理,长久激励政策跟随

I. The name absolute should be the main right. Holder have rights to do with their EN, but do not do any KYC in the future, this is blockchain world. and Maybe one day we will enter the metaverse, and ENS is the passport.

II. People who hold ENS token can be discount to register the name, but should not free for it, or it will become so massvie. And ENS DAO should be developed in the future, this needs money.

III. the funds and income can be given to your ENS team, because you guys work for it. Although you have token, but that is 2 things. I hope you can do more to ENS and make it better. I think you are the future of web3.

IV. yes, ENS needs to integrate with other namesapce. and I hope you can do some thing for other chains.

V. I think we can have a page like Terrastation, voters can easily vote for that. and we just do the majortiy.

6 Likes

I. Name ownership is an absolute right(Permissible)
II. Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism(Permissible)
III. Income funds ENS and other public goods(Permissible)
IV. ENS Integrates with the global namespace(Permissible)
V. Amendments to this constitution by majority vote(Permissible)

I support the joining conditions of all DAO members that I have seen so far, because the prerequisite for choosing ENS and blockchain is to have absolute consensus and trust.
I applied to become a member of the DAO because of unconditional trust and consensus in the blockchain. At the same time, our community also has to learn and make more interesting blockchain links to support liquidity and more charity and feedback in real life!

11 Likes

I agree with these four rules.

5 Likes

ENS name:

我想成为一名代表的原因:

我对每一部分的看法提出存在宪法

• 姓名所有权是一项绝对权利:(同意/不同意/评论)
  • 注册费作为一种激励机制存在:(同意/不同意/评论)
  • 收入基金、ENS和其他公共物品:(同意/不同意/评论)
  • ENS与全局命名空间集成:(同意/不同意/评论)

我的web3资格/技能:

totally agree !
I will support community governance and expand the ENS ecosystem

6 Likes

Agreed .The Article 4 shall not create new top-level domain names at will. ETH is the most powerful proof and performance of ETH’s ecology. simple and clear

4 Likes

I support this proposed constitution and have no amendments.

3 Likes

I have spent a portion of my career leading organizations and this constitution would be much improved if it set the 30,000 principles and had a mission - what does ENS DAO want to achieve; vision - what is the position and influence in the world it wishes to have; and values statement - ie fairness - what that means, respect - what that means… etc , in lieu of discrete examples. In this way many if not most future responses to eventualities will not be reactive.

4 Likes

1 Name ownership is an absolute right: (Agree)
2 Registration fees exist as an incentive mechanism: (Agree)
3Income funds ENS and other public goods: (Agree)
4 ENS Integrates with the global namespace: (Agree)
:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I agree to support the voting agreement, and our community will always support it.

3 Likes

Agreed .The Article 4 shall not create new top-level domain names at will. ETH is the most powerful proof and performance of ETH’s ecology. simple and clear

3 Likes