Re-election of Meta-Governance WG Stewards

Hello - this is a great opportunity to bring up the CoC. There’s been significant progress on this document and an ongoing open discussion on the forum as well. The CoC has been a Community WG Initiative so far, but I would love @simona_pop and the rest of the MG Stewards to provide their input.

Check this thread for more: [Temp Check] ENS Code of Conduct

3 Likes

@estmcmxci I was going to message you - @Coltron.eth mentioned your work on the Code of Conduct and I am definitely keen to review and even pull from the WG budget for compensation. As mentioned in some of the comments above, there was a post meant to go out re sub working groups and this was going to be one…

2 Likes

Inty, don’t be as confrontational. This is the first term of stewardships: roles are not defined, work streams are being worked on, the work is voluntary and unpaid. The term is also very short, just six months, which is enough for us to have an idea which working groups are working and which aren’t. I think Simona made a very good response on why she was absent and you’re being a bit too reactive. This is not very productive.

7 Likes

I apologise for being reactive and confrontational. Sorry @simona_pop

3 Likes

Also exists as a .eth website.

3 Likes

Is it? I thought they get paid 100 $ENS a month, whereas the lead coordinated (who is it?) gets 250 $ENS a month.

1 Like

Having a chat to @Coltron.eth tomorrow on a few things and will discuss this also :slight_smile:
We have also hopefully found a time for the WG call to happen (we span 3/4 timezones) so will keep everyone updated

1 Like

Thank you for the support, @AvsA and everyone who reached out via DM :slight_smile:

Thank you for the apology, I am hopeful this is genuine and not a reaction to Alex stepping in.
Let us move forward :arrow_forward:

1 Like

To move forward or not, is not decided by me. Two out of three stewards still remain awol. The vote stands at 10-1 for re-election. I apologised to you for my confrontational and reactive behaviour on a personal level, but I do not apologise for what I said. I should have chosen better words and maintained decorum, but the points made in the proposal remain. Do we have a schedule for “the call” yet? Looking forward!

Link to a post on an upcoming Meta-Gov call.

https://discuss.ens.domains/t/meta-gov-wg-call-april-7-europe-usa-timezone/11888

4 Likes

thanks for sharing, @alisha.eth

1 Like

I meant move fwd in general and from your negativity. :v:

1 Like

Yes, absolutely. I hope we can work together since I believe for now at least that you are willing to come back and work with us. I am making my fair share of enemies and I am happy to get reigned in by others when necessary :woozy_face::sweat_smile:

Thanks everyone who attended the Meta-Gov call last week. It was refreshing to get back to work and see the group together again on a call.

On our side, we’re working on a proposal with @James to increase overall engagement and participation. Expect to see that later this week.

This proposal stands at 10-5 in terms of informal voting. By all accounts, rules & protocols of ENS DAO, this should go forward into Draft state. The issue here, of course, is that the Stewards who are supposed to push this forward are also the subject of this proposal. Is any Steward willing to do the dirty work as per DAO’s wishes and push this forward at their own expense perhaps?

1 Like

The DAO has spoken. From 10-5 to 8-11 in 20 minutes. Nothing to see here :grin::grin:. Looking forward to the work Stewards! There is all of Q2 left.

This proposal is now closed since it has failed TempCheck. Mods should close this thread at their own accord.

That’s not how it works. A temp check is an informal process to see if it’s worth spending the time writing a draft. It’s still up to someone interested to write the draft, and there’s no obligation on the stewards or anyone else to write it for you.

4 Likes

Email should be with you following my catchup with Coltron on Friday (April 8)

1 Like