Submission of Request for Proposal
28 April 2021
Request for Proposal to ENS DAO to provide funding for costs occurred to stand up an official ENS merchandise store using Shopify and Printify. Previously on forum; multiple members had discussed about implementing an official ENS merchandise store, discussed different services, looked at different designs and provided positive feedback. The original post can be found here.
Scope of Work
The core duties of the person(s) directly involved and or who assumes the responsibility for the proposed implementation into the ENS DAO ecosystem will be the following:
To stand as the ENS Merchandise Lead (EML) person of contact regarding all merchandise activities. Act as a liaison for communication and representative for official business between the services and or platforms used and ENS DAO.
EML will also act as the lead designer for illustrations, art and other imagery to be used and displayed on merchandise sold. Designers and artists that are within the DAO are encouraged to assist in merchandise design and ideation processes but should also be aware that we will need to implement a limit of choices for production purposes.
- EML must be familiar with web platforms that provide a service such as Shopify.
- Be competent in their ability to find solutions for incorrect orders, shipping and or billing issues etc.
- Be fluent, concise ad professional in all official communications.
- Have a background in providing exceptional customer service.
- Familiar with design tools like Adobe CC
- Experience in product marketing ad or advertising preferred but not required.
- Uphold the fiduciary integrity and responsibility in transfer of funds between EML, DAO and service providers.
I hereby nominate myself to complete the tasks and responsibilities aforementioned.
- Online store
- Unlimited products
- 24/7 support
- Abandoned cart recovery
- App ecosystem with 4,100+ apps
- Print shipping labels
- Sales channels
Sell on online marketplaces and social media. Channel availability varies by country.
- Fast and reliable checkout
- Free SSL certificate
- Over 100 currencies for your online store
- Discount codes
- Shopify POS Lite
Accept casual, in-person payments at markets, fairs, pop-ups, and more.
- Shopify POS Pro for $89 USD a month for each location (not needed unless for RL Events)
Run your brick-and-mortar business with powerful tools built for omnichannel selling.
- Manual order creation
- Gift cards
@ $79 per month
The service allows for custom pricing. So the difference between the cost to print and ship and the order price will be the profitable margin.
For example if a shirt cost $10 to make and the order price is $20 then $10 would be the net profit. I will let the DAO decide as to what would be appropriate to keep for compensation of work and how much would be redistributed back to the DAO
On average a quality shirt costs about 18-25 to make. At a $25 cost per shirt, $10,000 would cover the cost to make 400 shirts. The cost will be received back plus the profit margin on top of that.
If I could also retain a small stipend for a ISP upgrade that would be very beneficial over using a MiFi.
I’ll leave compensation amounts up to the DAO as I’m not exactly sure how much work this will involve until the work starts.