Stems: An alt bluesky server with native ENS support

I’m working on Stems, an experimental server on the Bluesky social network.

Bluesky has two unique features: (1) anyone can run a server with its own features and (2) domains are used as handles. It’s great that Bluesky does not roll their own identity system and instead outsources this to DNS.

Stems takes that concept a step further by extending our server’s resolution so that ENS domains can be natively verified and used as more sovereign and secure handles. We do this within the existing Bluesky format of TXT-based verification by allowing users to set onchain TXT records following the EIP-1185 standard.

(Note: TXT is a DNS format different from ENS “Text Records”)

You can claim an invite and join the server at invite.stems.social

7 Likes

Hey @brxwn.eth really cool concept here… Also seeing it’s your first post to the forums, so welcome!

It may be good to present(if that’s something you want to do) the concept and demo at the ENS Ecosystem Working Group meeting. The meetings happen weekly and here is the agenda for today’s meeting.

Joining those calls would give the community a chance to see it in action and hear it explained a bit more. It’s also a great avenue to receive feedback and suggestions from the community. Hope to see you there one day!

3 Likes

Thank you, I will inquire about presenting at a working group meeting.

1 Like

Here’s the Q1/Q2 Dashboard. It has the meeting links. Even if you don’t present, come by and check it out! (The ENS Ecosystem WG call is ~15 minutes from now.) :slight_smile:

T̶h̶i̶s̶ i̶s̶ g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶, p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ c̶o̶m̶e̶ t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ a̶ w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶ c̶a̶l̶l̶ a̶n̶d̶ s̶h̶a̶r̶e̶ m̶o̶r̶e̶ a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ t̶h̶i̶s̶ @̶b̶r̶x̶w̶n̶.e̶t̶h̶;̶ @̶E̶c̶o̶s̶y̶s̶t̶e̶m̶_̶S̶t̶e̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶.

Edit: realized this communication had already taken place.

1 Like