Steward nomination: Public Goods working group

Hey all!

Today, I’m super excited to submit my nomination to help steward the public goods working group. A link to my Snapshot nomination can be found below.

https://snapshot.org/#/nominations.ens.eth/proposal/0xa01ed1059ab2017e94e9404a40920a27b16b28f418addce612c96aa1cec656ca

A bit more quick info on me to start:

• My preferred name is Scott
  • My ENS name is ceresstation.eth
  • My forum username is ceresstation
  • And my Twitter is @notscottmoore

In general, I’ve been a long time supporter of public goods in Ethereum and beyond. Among other things I’ve:

• Actively participated in the Ethereum ecosystem since 2016 (and surprisingly, started a DAO project back then as well)
  • Co-founded Gitcoin which has funded over $50m in Ethereum public goods to date
  • Helped push forward one of the first Digital Public Goods Alliance communities of practice
  • Served as a volunteer committee member in a variety of community grants programs including Ethereum Foundation Grants
  • Helped provide guidance to a number of public goods projects throughout web3 including ENS DAO

But so beyond the credentials, why do I want to be part of the public goods working group?

I believe that the true potential of web3 is to completely change how we coordinate value, in particular around our digital infrastructure. In the metaverse as many are now calling it, our identities are a core piece of that infrastructure, and so we have to ensure we maintain their integrity collectively, and continue to evolve them in an interoperable way.

This doesn’t only mean funding goods within the ENS ecosystem. There are so many builders in the Ethereum ecosystem that have brought us to where we are today, and that will help us find a path to where we need to be tomorrow. Our task as a working group should be to identify those builders, and the mechanisms that we can use to sustainably fund them.

By helping to steward this workstream, I commit to helping us do that in a transparent, accountable way, alongside any and all ecosystem partners who want to help us on this journey.

Together, we can create a positive-sum world.

4 Likes