Steward Nominations — Community WG

Steward Nominations are now open!

To nominate yourself to be a steward of the Community working group, complete the steps below before 9am UTC on June 9.

Nomination Process

To nominate yourself as a steward of the Community working group, follow these three steps:

Step 1

Reply to this post with the following information:

• Link to Snapshot: (fill this in after Step 2)
  • Preferred Name and/or ENS name:
  • Forum username:
  • Twitter profile link (optional):
  • Why do you think you would be a good steward of this working group?

Step 2

Create a Snapshot vote in the ENS WG Steward Nomination space here. Select “New Proposal” and use the following template:

Template

• Title: [[Name of working group]] Nominate [your preferred name or ENS name]
    example: [Community] Nominate validator.eth

• Body: copy and past your forum reply from above which includes:

• Your preferred name/ENS name
    • Forum username
    • Twitter profile link (optional)
    • Why you think you would be a good steward of this working group

Vote Timing

• Select the start date and time as your current local date and time
  • Select the end date as the equivalent of 9am UTC June 9 in your local time
  • For help converting timezones, please consult this website.

Step 3

Once you have replied and created a Snapshot vote, you can edit your forum post in this thread and include a link to your Snapshot vote.

After successfully nominating yourself to be a steward, you are able to campaign for 10k votes in support of your nomination on Snapshot.

Any nominee with 10k votes supporting their steward nomination will be included in the ballot for the steward election of this working group.

Important Dates

The nomination window for stewards will be open from 9am UTC on June 6 to 9am UTC on June 9 for the second term of 2022.

The steward election will start at 9am UTC on June 10, 2022 and remain open for 120 hours. The three steward nominees with the most votes will be offered the role of steward in the relevant working group, based on the order in which they are ranked.

Write-Access

In order to nominate yourself as a steward, you must have write-access to all of the categories in the governance forum. Please submit the Participant Request form if you require write-access. If you have submitted the form and have not received a response it is because there is an invalid entry in your form. Please resubmit the Participant Request form.

Please reserve replies to this post for nominations only. If you have any questions please post them in the the ‘how it will work’ post here.

2 Likes
  • Link to Snapshot
  • Preferred Name and/or ENS name: daylon.eth
  • Forum username: daylon.eth
  • Why do you think you would be a good steward of this working group?
    I have been actively involved in ENS DAO since the airdrop in November 2021. I have experienced what was lacking in the first term and believe I can do better. Specifically, I will provide regular updates to provide transparency and to demonstrate accountability. Also, I am able to dedicate as many hours to the position as a full time job, if necessary.
4 Likes

Snapshot: Linked Here
Preferred Name: coltron.eth
Forum username: coltron.eth
Twitter profile link: https://twitter.com/coltron_eth

Why do you think you would be a good steward of this working group?

I currently serve as a Community Steward and am dedicated to the ENS DAO.

Some tasks I have helped or overseen this past term:

• I am currently involved in shepherding the technical redesign of the DAO Learn Docs, that will enable crowdsourced translations. Work in Progress can be seen here, and is expected to be delivered before end of term.
  • I have helped manage the multi-sig and working group budgets. Our Gnosis Safe and a payment worksheet available for anyone to view
  • Have set up a Merch Store RFP with @5pence.eth.
  • Worked with @Limes on IRL Events for ETHNewYork
  • Assisted the CoC team with revisions of the Code of Conduct
  • Established and hosted weekly onboarding calls with @vegayp

If re-elected, I would continue the type of work outlined above. Additionally, I would support the following:

• A more well-defined relationship between TNL and the DAO
  • Additional outreach to those who do not speak the English language.
  • All translation efforts, including the governance and technical docs if requested
  • ENS marketing in a way that is valuable to the DAO
  • More refined DAO practices surrounding user onboarding, contributor recognition and retention.

I am nominating myself for two working groups, but will only assume one steward role.

10 Likes

Link to snapshot: Here.
Preferred Name: Eduardo
ENS name: VegayP.eth
Forum username: vegayp

Let me provide some context first: I think ENS as a community have an enormous potential yet to be explored. I joined the Community WG meetings as soon as they launched, because I have always been curious about what it would like, and because I was willing to help as much as I could, with the development of an organisation that for me, seemed one of the futures of the Public Goods.

5 months have passed now, and this is the things that I have helped with during my time as a Contributors on ENS DAO.

• Prepared and proposed a layout for the Onboarding process.

• Prepared and proposed a potential user journey for anyone who joins.

• Helped to develop, along side coltron.eth, the Onboarding call.

• Helped to develop, along side coltron.eth, the Onboarding documentation.

• Pushed forward the need of a coordination layer

• Implementation of a coordination layer using Zenhub, and the following test on the Community WG
    (Zenhub | Productivity Management for Software Teams)

• Presence on almost every onboarding and Community WG call.

• Provided 1-1 and support to potential contributors as well as organisation that were trying to collaborate with ENS on the onboarding / user journey area.

• Provided support with the creation of the Code of Conduct.

• Provided a suggested audit to the ENS discord, so it could reflect a more update state of the DAO (ENS Discord Audit - Google Docs)

I am heavily community driven, and on the past months at the Community WG, we have lay down a baseline from where we can develop and improve the practices around onboarding and coordination.

For the next term I’d like, as a steward, support the following efforts (as well as the already stated ones):

• Scale the coordination layer to other WGs
  • Implement a culture of transparency and accountability, through cultural practices such as Praise, bi-weekly open calls for contributors, open calls for newcomers and bi-weekly calls for stewards
  • The creation and support of “ENS Culture” and what it means for the ENS DAO. To create and provide safe space to anyone interested on ENS, as well as foster cultural practices that run parallel to development of the DAO.
  • Identify and improve our boundaries within the DAO and with TNL.

I acknowledge the responsibilities here stated and commit 20 hours per week to achieve this, with periodic reports (using the coordination layer) about the state and advances of the steward work.

5 Likes

Snapshot: Link

Preferred Name: limes.eth

Forum username: limes

Twitter profile link: https://twitter.com/EnlightenedLime

As a current community steward, I’m well acquainted with the ENS DAO and its parts. I have rapport with the current established members and would push the following goals.

1. Building out irl events. I think quality IRL events provide the foundation of connection in the ENS DAO community. Ideally, I’d love to see friendships, partnerships, and relationships spawn out of an ENS DAO event where we bring together people who are ideologically aligned
  2. Make ENS DAO swag for the biggest contributors. ENS DAO at its core is made up of nothing more than its community and custom merch makes these people feel valued
  3. Build relationships at conferences and a brand on twitter. In a full web3 world, we identify each other by our ENS domains, I’d like to see that bleed into real life

In addition, I’m a crypto accountant at a large US based institutional firm. My experience there makes me knowledgeable about the space in ways of best practices among large crypto companies. Using this knowledge we can take best practices and apply them within the DAO.

2 Likes

Snapshot:Link

Preferred Name: validator.eth/Kevin

Forum username: validator.eth

Twitter profile link: [https://twitter.com/ValidatorEth]

Over the first term I served as a steward of the Community working group. As Support Lead for True Names Limited it is my role to serve the users and builders in the ENS community. I’d be honored to be a steward in the second term and continue growing ENS adoption.

4 Likes