Steward Nominations — Meta-Governance WG (Q3/Q4 2023 Term)

Nomination for 5pence.eth

• Link to Snapshot: Snapshot
  • Preferred Name: Spence
  • Forum username: 5pence.eth
  • Twitter Profile: @5pence_eth

Thanks for your time. Those of you that know me are familiar with my priorities and skillsets, but for those that I haven’t had the priviledge of interacting with, here’s what I would say is the most relevant info for this position:

Why?

First, The existing stewards should all be commended on the job they’ve done and the work they’ve put into the last three terms. It’s not an easy job.

I’m throwing my hat into this nomination ring because as an active member of the DAO I feel volunteering for this type of service is important, and member participation is integral to any DAO’s long term health and success.

I’ve been a long time DAO particiapnt and contributor having written multiple RFPs, and I’ve been a signer on an ENS DAO working group pod multi-sig for almost two terms.

Yes, but what would you do different?

My approach to the role would be driven by my belief of what a steward is. I believe a steward’s job is to carry out the will of the delegates, and by extension, the voters. The steward role is to put into action the consensus formed by the DAO. To do so, a steward needs to be present, available, accountable, communicative, and generally understanding to all parties.

Those that know me know that I am a listener first. That I take great pains to understand and evaluate all sides, that I always seek to fully understand any situation, and that I patiently build strong bridges. I believe in consensus.

What else I believe:

• I believe in decentralization and the promise of a better system.
  • I believe ENS is an essential protocol for the Ethereum ecosystem.
  • I believe the ENS DAO’s mission is to protect the ENS protocol and ensure it’s longevity. In action, this looks like:
    • The endowment and treasury management
    • Ecosystem growth through funding and fellowships
    • Pay it forward (and backward) through public goods grants when possible
    • ENS community outreach and social inclusion

Metagov is a crucial gear in this machine and I appreciate your consideration.

8 Likes