Suggestion: Deploy ReverseRegistrar on other EVM chains to support primary ENS name on other chains

The address of ENS supports multi chains, so I suggest deploy ReverseRegistrar on other EVM chains(such as BSC, Polygon, Arbitrum, Optimistic) to support primary ENS name on other EVM chains.

1 Like

I use eth chain

We have been discussing the exact topic at Future of the Primary ENS Name

2 Likes

Option1: When the user has registered reverse name on the multiple chains, the last registered record wins (assuming that the registration date exists on chain).

I did not understand why “the last registered record wins”. @matoken.eth

For the current Ethereum ReverseRegistrar, any wallet address can set any ENS name, such as Wallet A can set the reverse address as abc.eth, Wallet B can also set the reverse address as abc.eth . The ENS SDK will check if the forward address and reverse address are the same, only they are the same, the ENS name can be the primary name.

For EOA account, the address are same at different EVM chains, but for contract account, the address may different in different chains.

Gas fee on BSC, Polygon and Arbitrum are lower than that of Ethereum. I think Deploy ReverseRegistrar on other EVM chains is a simple scheme to expand the use of ENS.

1 Like

I use globalso.eth as my id card

1 Like