The Importance of Education in Promoting the Benefits of ENS Domains in Latin America

As many of you already know, the Ethereum Name Service (ENS) has been instrumental in providing an alternative to the traditional domain name system. ENS offers a decentralized way of managing domain names, making it possible for people to own domain names that end in .eth. However, despite the potential benefits of ENS, it seems that the management has focused more on creating new applications and functions rather than educating people about the benefits of using ENS domains. :roll_eyes:

As Romans 10:14 says, “How, then, will they call upon him in whom they have not believed? And how will they believe him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?”

:person_facepalming:
In other words, if people are not aware of the benefits of ENS domains, they won’t use them. This lack of education is particularly concerning in Latin America, where many people face challenges in accessing financial services, and where fraudulent activities are common.

Let me provide you with an example of how ENS domains can be used to combat fraud in the sale of tickets to events and concerts. In many cases, fraudulent websites and social media pages advertise fake tickets, tricking unsuspecting buyers into sending money without receiving anything in return. By using ENS domains, event organizers can create subdomains that point to their official websites, making it easier for people to identify legitimate sources of tickets. This way, people can avoid fake websites and social media pages that have no connection to the event organizers.

Another example is how ENS domains can be used to help people in Latin America access banking services without risking making mistakes in transactions. For many people, the traditional banking system is either inaccessible or too complicated to use. By using ENS domains, people can create personalized domain names that can be used as wallet addresses. This way, people can easily send and receive money without worrying about making mistakes in transactions.

In conclusion, education is essential in ensuring that people in Latin America and other regions are aware of the benefits of ENS domains. We need to focus on educating people about ENS and how it can be used to solve real-world problems. Let’s work together to ensure that people in Latin America and beyond can benefit from the full potential of ENS :rocket:.

Thank you for reading.

5 Likes

Make a specific suggestion, how to arrange such an initiative

Scope of work, budget, other required resources

ens could as your id card

The initiative should include a comprehensive outreach campaign to reach potential users of ENS. This can involve creating educational content such as blog posts, videos, and tutorials to explain the benefits of ENS and how to use it. It may also involve organizing events, webinars, and online meetups to engage with the community and answer their questions.

The budget will depend on the scale of the initiative and the resources required. The costs may include marketing and advertising expenses, fees for organizing events, and compensation for content creators and community managers.

• A team of developers, marketers, and community managers who can create content, organize events, and engage with the community.
  • A website or platform to host educational content and engage with users.
  • Social media accounts to promote the initiative and engage with the community.
  • Tools and software to track user engagement and measure the effectiveness of the initiative.

Important: While speculators may be interested in the potential financial gains from investing in ENS, they may not necessarily understand its actual utility or practical applications. For this reason, my suggestion is to address this from the benefits of ENS.

Benefits of ENS include:

Improved user experience: ENS simplifies the process of sending and receiving cryptocurrencies by allowing users to use human-readable names instead of long, complicated addresses.

Enhanced security: ENS uses the decentralized and immutable nature of the Ethereum blockchain to prevent domain name hijacking and ensure that domain names are owned by their rightful owners.

More efficient transactions: ENS reduces the chances of transaction errors by eliminating the need to copy and paste long addresses, saving time and improving the overall user experience.

While speculators may be interested in the potential financial gains from investing in ENS, they may not necessarily understand its actual utility or practical applications, it is important to educate them and others about the practical benefits ENS provides to its users. In doing so, we can encourage more people to use and adopt ENS, which will ultimately benefit the entire Ethereum ecosystem.

2 Likes

No I’m mean be specific, put actionable business plan together, that way community can evaluate it. Provided that everyone likes it, then it can get funding.

EDIT: timetable, number of people with specific roles, locations, content of materials, audience coverage, means to measure outcomes (this one is very tricky but why not), detailed costs breakdown

like proper actionable business plan, at least draft of some sort, then it’s a valid proposition

The lack of potential profit is deterring speculators from showing interest in this project, which is why @ens.eth and the DAO must take a conscious approach to initiate it and address this issue.

1 Like

well… if you are raising the problem actively, you might as well be part of the solution

everyone is an advisor and very few are doers

3 Likes

Lack of education about ENS domains hinders adoption and limits their potential Details:

• Despite the benefits of ENS domains, management has focused on creating new applications instead of educating people about their benefits
  • Lack of education is particularly concerning in Latin America, where people face challenges accessing financial services and fraud is common
  • ENS domains can combat fraud by creating subdomains that point to official websites, helping people avoid fake sources of tickets
  • ENS domains can also simplify transactions by creating personalized wallet addresses
  • Education is essential in ensuring people are aware of ENS domains’ potential
  • The focus should be on educating people about ENS and how it can be used to solve real-world problems
1 Like

You talk a lot about this and from what appears, you seem to be on top of it. Why are you not spearheading your ideas and making them happen?

Create solutions for real world problems.

Create media and share it.

Put together a robust documentation that goes into even further detail than what is available.

You already have half the work done just by talking about it.
@imrulo.eth

1 Like

There are two primary reasons why I haven’t pursued this project further:

1. The individuals I’ve discussed this idea with privately haven’t shown much interest in supporting it. Their focus seems to be more on selling their domains rather than contributing to public goods.
  2. I currently lack the necessary financial resources to carry out this project on my own.
1 Like

The ENS Ecosystem and Public Goods Working Groups have monthly small grants and are accepting submissions. Deadline is Friday. They are found at https://ensgrants.xyz/.

For grants larger in size, reach out to @slobo.eth or any other steward should be able to assist you.

3 Likes

Following @accessor.eth recommendation, I wrote this private note to @slobo.eth.

Subject: Request for Financial Support to Promote ENS Adoption in Latin America

Dear ENS Management Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to discuss a pressing issue: the slow or non-existent adoption of ENS in Latin America. I believe that with the right resources and dedication, we can work together to address this problem and expand the presence of ENS in the region.

About me: I am a native Latin American, fluent in Spanish, and although I am not a programmer, I have experience as a social worker and entrepreneur. I have a strong passion for ENS and its potential to revolutionize the internet landscape.

Given my background and commitment, I would like to request financial assistance in the form of a monthly stipend to allow me to fully dedicate my time and efforts to promoting ENS in Latin America. I believe that with your support, I can create a meaningful impact in the region by raising awareness, educating individuals and businesses on the benefits of ENS, and fostering a community of ENS enthusiasts and adopters.

Here is a brief outline of my proposed strategy:

1. Establish partnerships with local tech and entrepreneurial communities to host workshops, webinars, and events focused on introducing ENS and its benefits.
  2. Develop educational materials in Spanish to cater to the Latin American audience and ensure that they have access to accurate and relevant information.
  3. Engage with local influencers and media outlets to create a buzz around ENS and its potential applications in the region.
  4. Launch a social media campaign targeting the Latin American market to build a strong online presence and drive engagement.

With your financial support, I am confident that we can successfully expand ENS adoption in the Latin American market.

To further strengthen this strategy, I propose the following additions:

1. Conduct thorough market research to identify the unique needs and preferences of the Latin American audience, which will help tailor our offerings and messaging to better resonate with them.
  2. Collaborate with established businesses in the region that can act as early adopters or ambassadors of ENS, showcasing real-world use cases and success stories.
  3. Offer localized customer support and resources in Spanish to ensure that users have a seamless onboarding experience and can readily troubleshoot any issues they may encounter.
  4. Organize hackathons and innovation challenges in collaboration with local universities and incubators to inspire and encourage the development of new ENS-based applications.
  5. Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of our initiatives and make data-driven decisions to optimize our outreach efforts and maximize our impact in the region.

By combining these additional steps with the existing strategy, we can foster a strong ecosystem around ENS in Latin America, paving the way for widespread adoption and long-term success.

imrulo.eth

After some intermediate responses, his final response was this.

Preformatted textThe ecosystem group is the right place to request this. I am able to speak on the ecosystems group behalf.

The ecosystem group cannot proceed with your request.

@slobo.eth I appreciate your response, but I’m left wondering about the DAO’s objectives.

1. Isn’t the DAO’s primary mission to facilitate the global growth and adoption of ENS, including in emerging markets like Latin America?
2. If not through localized support and evangelization, how does the DAO plan to empower and engage the Latin American community in embracing ENS?
3. Can you clarify what criteria the ecosystem group uses to evaluate proposals, and how our initiative falls short of meeting those standards?

Your insights will help me better understand the DAO’s perspective and explore alternative avenues for achieving our shared goal of expanding ENS adoption.

2 Likes

I suggest that you read an article I published on Medium. An Outline for Obtaining Funding for Your Project

NOTE: this article does not guarantee any particular outcome. Best of Luck.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will read it.

1 Like

Hola!

¿Cómo estás?

Your idea sounds like something everyone can help, but since there is not a financial gain this kind of ideas usually takes time to be developed.

The idea seems in draft format from what I can read, and it doesn’t go into any specific but rather broad points and actions.

if I may, I’d suggest to take a look as @accessor.eth point out, to Small Grants, you got a very similar but great example on: ENS Small Grants.

He received funding from the DAO after proving that his idea was running and being used, rather than “fund me” and then I will do, and even then it was through the small grants, fully community supported, not ENS personally handing over money.

There are great projects already working on spanish content, like ENSEspañol.eth, so my hope would be that you team up from folks like them to advance the efforts of education regarding ENS in LatAm.

Disculpa si fui muy directo.

Saludos.

2 Likes

This comment has no basis, I am doing since December 2020…so it is: Support me to continue doing, and also to achieve the objectives mentioned above that no project has been carried out in Latin America.

:thinking::arrows_counterclockwise::bulb:

If support doesn’t lead to financial gain, the community won’t show interest. That’s why @ens.eth and/or @ensDAO.eth should be the ones providing support.

En serio, asĂ­ es como siempre tenemos que hablar. :saluting_face:

1 Like

@ens.eth This is an ideal example of taking action (requiring financial support):

“CORPES—a tool provided by the RAE for all Spanish speakers on their website—plans its design so that each year is chronologically represented by 25 million forms (words). As it’s built, CORPES incorporates texts from the current year and completes previous years, combining open and closed corpus characteristics.

I own the corpes.eth domain, I live in Belgrade (Serbia), 4h away from Madrid.

I could meet with the RAE (Royal Spanish Academy) board members in Madrid, explain the benefits and advantages of ENS (under the supervision of the ENS development team), and I’m willing to donate the domain.

Imagine the potential of over 600 million Spanish-speaking people if only 10% used this tool?

These are the actions I believe carry weight in ENS adoption; creating a dancing watch is also important (as innovation), but I don’t think many people are interested in this.

1 Like