What are the .ENS thumbnail dimensions?

When I register ens name, the blue thumbnail with the ens logo appears. I noticed some people have really distorted images, top and bottom are cropped, or the sides are cropped. To avoid distorted thumbnail, what are the dimensions of the ens logo on the names? Also, what type of images are allowed to be used; .jpg, .png, .gif etc. Just wanted to make sure I’m using image with proper extension to avoid getting funny results.

1 Like

A square aspect ratio works best. Other than that, it depends on the apps UI as in how they integrate the avatar. Even if you have a square aspect ratio, I have seen some apps absolutely massacring the avatar, although most apps leave the aspect ratio intact. An ideal avatar would be a centred 1:1 aspect ratio. You can use any of the .jpg, .png or .gif (or .whatever), it is up to the apps UI to render the avatar in its correct format from the metadata; I have personally used .png and .jpg/.jpeg without issues; haven’t tried .gif yet. I’ll give it a shot actually for funsies :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks a lot! And one more time thanks, to fill the 20 char requirement :slight_smile: