$9000 gas fee on registering a domain

original registration requires a process. it is one at a time. You can, however, do bulk renewals since there is no process there.

Thanks, maybe you can advise how to do it? If I choose domains the system on app.ens.domains calculates gas per each domain name, not bulk…

FWIW - I registered teakdust.eth the other night, took step 1) at midnight PST. Step 2) waited few minutes and boom gas fees were $9-10k.

Checked back 18 hours later and the gas fee was estimating ~$270 so I went for it.

I may have been lucky to still be able to take step 3 that much later, I’ve read a few stories about getting blocked out and repeating the first transaction.

The first step should not be lost if you cancel the third step. The first step saves information into your browser local storage. That info is not lost if you cancel the third step transaction. You should be able to restart the process later and be already on the third step. This is the way it should work anyway.

1 Like

Up to 7 days later… per the constant written into the smart contract:

https://etherscan.io/address/0x283Af0B28c62C092C9727F1Ee09c02CA627EB7F5#readContract

1. maxCommitmentAge

This is the window in number of seconds the domain registration contract can be completed.

604800 / 60 / 60 / 24 = 7 days