A second Snapshot needs to happen 2.0

A second snap shot needs to happen. Gonna keep beating this drum till it happens. It can happen if you say it can’t when you reply you are wrong and need to educate yourself. Thank you.

Can you further explain your proposal and how it aligns with the ENS DAO constitution?

3 Likes

It aligns with Article 3 of the Constitution of the DAO. The income that has mainly been generated by the masses of people registering the ens domains over the past year to six months. Even in the lows of eth/nfts As whole. I am not speaking from a point of just myself. The hundreds of clubs from the 999 club to the anime clubs of ens Domains to so many more who are pushing ens domains awareness out of a discussion board to more mainstream areas. ENS governance should put it up to a vote and bring it up in the next Twitter monthly spaces. Web3 in a whole has been down minus the ENS community because it’s more than jpegs a second snapshot would NOT hurt the DAO. It will help the ENS community going forward. The last Snapshot sent ens domains awareness up like a rocket. A second snapshot would do much more to help push the goals of ENS in a whole.

This would not be funding the development or improvement of the ENS system directly right? So I assume you’re talking about the other bit that says that funds may be used to fund other public goods within web3, right?

What public good would be funded here?

Also, I think you need to expand on what you mean by “snapshot”. Without a clear idea of what that means, it’s hard to answer any of the other questions. Any such future airdrop would need to be discussed and agreed/voted upon by the DAO members well in advance, meaning that it opens farming possibilities, and anything that can be exploited will be.

You know exactly what I’m talking about. For some reason it feels as if the delegates now not all but some are opposed but it’s not their call. Put it up for a vote as you’ve said in your reply. So I don’t see what the issue is. It’s seems like certain people in the discussion board like to rebuttal. Like when I said the ens DAO needs to be audited by a 3rd outside party. Some replied back why it’s all on chain. Like it’s up to us to know who on the blockchain each person is. All I am saying PUT IT VOTE.

No, unfortunately I don’t, you will need to define what you mean by “snapshot” or this is a non-starter.

There will never be another surprise airdrop in the same fashion as the first one, because of the reasons I outlined above. Any possible future airdrop will have different circumstances and different eligibility requirements. Maybe it’s not even a block-height “snapshot”, maybe it’s something else, I don’t know. These are the sorts of things you need to flesh out in your proposal first.

There’s nothing to “put to vote” until you can articulate the actual proposal you want people to vote on, agreed?

6 Likes

Put it to a vote. Second airdrop.

Strongly disagree with the philosophy that because of the existence of clubs (which comprise users of different motivation) this warrants an airdrop of ‘responsibility’ which offers quick financial upside to individuals over ENS. This lacks strategic direction and longevity.

Those groups stand on their own, and fall on their own.

Continuing to beat that drum is noise. A well thought out proposal can be a symphony.

I hope the DAO continues to uphold standards for everything going to a vote - Lest ENS become obsolete & the DAO broke and mismanaged.

3 Likes

Same standards as the first snapshot. Enough said. Put it up for vote.

If you would like to put a proposal forward, you will need to do it yourself or find someone who can help you. Someone has to actually draft the proposals that are voted on by the DAO. If you would like to put forward a proposal for a second airdrop based on the same conditions as the first airdrop, you should draft a proposal to that effect.

For more information on the proposal process, you can visit the Governance Docs here. A distribution from the treasury would require an Executable Proposal to be passed. You can also reach out to @Coltron.eth, a MetaGovernance steward, for more information on the process.

4 Likes

Given the overall market conditions–
There is a lot of uncertainty in the future of the crypto ecosystem, Ethereum itself, the merge and regulation.

I don’t think this moment in time is appropriate to disperse responsibility in the from of ENS tokens as a way of saying thank you to the community. Personally–and this is just my opinion; and I hope most agree to this – I don’t / won’t support the idea of another ‘airdrop’ of ENS tokens until there is an exponential increase in voting participation from holders now.

Any existence of ENS ‘clubs’ should not be a determining factor or mitigating reason for or against any prospective disbursement community wide.

@Sad what would you think of a second airdrop of 1 $ENS to addresses that bought at least one ENS name since the first airdrop? I think a 1 $ENS token drop would be a cool symbolic gesture.

I’d like that for the community.

1 Like