Recently, ENS registration ushered in the crazy growth, but there are many friends found that many names are only registered for about a month, especially those 3-character names. Let’s take a look at what happens if these temporary registrations expire:
- Go through a short normal period, say 28 days
- There will be a 90-day grace period first
- Then there is a 21-day premium period
That means they will be affected for at least 28 + 90 + 21 = 139 days before returning to normal. This is very unfriendly to users who want to use ENS normally.
With EP9, the premium period mechanism has been well addressed. Since
GRACE_PERIOD have been written into the
BaseRegistrar contracts as constants. So, we know that it is very difficult to change this situation.
However, if these two contracts need to be replaced in the future, we feel that the values of MIN_REGISTRATION_DURATION and GRACE_PERIOD should be improved. Such as:
- Set MIN_REGISTRATION_DURATION to at least one year.
- Let GRACE_PERIOD vary within a certain range according to the length of the registration period, so that users who have used the same name for a long time can use it more confidently.
The above are just some simple ideas, thanks to the following two friends for bringing them up in our chat.