Elected Stewards : @slobo.eth, @Ginge.eth, and @bobjiang
Time : 1AM GMT
Google Meet link : https://meet.google.com/oaj-qrgv-var

A) Parcel update & recent payouts in queue
B) Highlight ecosystem projects
C) ENS core updates, if any
D) Review any upcoming events with ENS involvement
E) How we can do better?

I encourage folks to reply with other topics they would like to discuss.

We will continue to post notes of the calls as a reply to each weeks agenda to reduce the clutter in the forum.

Notes

A) Parcel update & recent payouts in queue

Key improvements that ENS ecosystem would like: @Anubhav

1. Implement SIWE
  2. When approving a txn, we should be signing the message vs. the hash

B) Highlight ecosystem projects

Discussed at length Ensers nft project. The project leader was very receptive of feedback. He will be in touch with the Community Working Group to see how it can move forward. @Coltron.eth

C) ENS core updates, if any

Two on chain votes are live:

1. End the $ENS and EP2 airdrops
  2. Change to Exponential Premium Price Oracle
  • TNL continues to make progress to getting the reverse register out & the universal resolver

D) Review any upcoming events with ENS involvement

Call went full length and we ran out of time to cover this item

E) How we can do better?

Call went full length and we ran out of time to cover this item

2 Likes

new media kit

2 Likes

Thanks Tate!

We should always encourage using the the ENS and DAO branding responsibly. Having these assets available helps ensure uniformity, and that we don’t end up with any rogue brand marks.

1 Like

Hi @taytems

Thanks for sharing the media kit, by the way, do we have any document for how to use these media kits?

Here is reference from Gitcoin - Presskit | Gitcoin

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback - I’ll post updates on the implementation of SIWE and EIP712 here as and when they go live

Branding guidelines are definitely on the to-do list, just not the highest priority right now. There’ll hopefully be one sometime in the near future.

If the ENS DAO does not define these brand/legal guidelines soon,
then the wider NFT community will define the brand/legal guidelines for us.

2 Likes

I agree. This is not to be trifled with. Which working group should this fall under?

1 Like

@inplco I think this could either be done as a Metagov or Community thing.

I would imagine that the ENS DAO has some latitude considering we are a separate entity, but I would heavily advocate that we work with TNL to make sure it’s cohesive.

@taytems I would support an RFP for professional quality work to be done and present to TNL to edit/polish up. This might be a good opportunity to use our unique organizational structure to fill in the gaps. If we don’t address resource constraints, it may turn into a “too late” scenario?

Edit: You could define how you wanted to work presented, in Figma, InDesign, etc. There was a graphic artist with experience working for globally recognized brands (art Direction for YSL/Cartier) that reached out about this a few weeks ago.

1 Like

TNL doesn’t currently have an in-house designer, we are however actively looking for one. Until then, design capacity at TNL is limited with core/crucial design work being delegated to me.

I could definitely get a basic set of guidelines that can then be iterated on by the DAO, but it would probably just be a placeholder until we get something more solid. I don’t however think we need to worry about rushing things here.

Are you talking about brand guidelines here, or re-developing the ENS DAO branding?

3 Likes

This is helpful context. It doesn’t make sense to do anything redundantly.

Guidelines.

@taytems I think the brand guidelines being referred to is something written/published so that projects or people wanting to use ENS logos or media have some clear understanding of what they can and cannot or should not do with it.

The concern was projects using the ENS logos for things, and it confusing people that they were “officially” associated with ENS or the ENS DAO. I’ve also fielded questions in Discord about this. A person asked about making business cards for their web3 consulting business and using the ENS logo on that. I wasn’t quite sure how to answer. Clear guidelines would be super helpful.

@Coltron.eth or @garypalmerjr or @NicLaz.eth Maybe one of you would like to begin a separate topic on this thread? We can move the convos there and link over?

3 Likes

This was brought up again today in a support ticket. Someone wants to make t-shirts with their own ENS name on it, and they are wanting to know whether they can use the ENS logo on it or not.

1 Like

My first question in Discord was " is it ok to make ENS t-shirts and pass them out at events?" Passing out free t-shirts in LA is popular for advertising and promotion.

1 Like

what is legal?
what is enforceable?
what the DAO encourages & supports?

personally, i’d have no problem with a someone making a t-shirt for themselves and their frens. it gets a little murky if they run at scale with a profit motive*. ultimately, even if they do who or what entity would even bring action against them? (rhetorical)

*i’d hope and that fans would try to work with the DAO in a prosocial way.