Agenda for Weekly Ecosystem Meeting, May 16, 2022 @ 7PM GMT

Elected Stewards : @slobo.eth, @Ginge.eth, and @bobjiang
Time : 7PM GMT
Google Meet link : https://meet.google.com/oaj-qrgv-var

A) Review status / progress of PFP Generator RFP (@5pence.eth)

B) Highlight ecosystem projects/people & consider retroactive funding:

1. ENS Resolver
  2. ens.vision
  3. opentown
  4. gregskril @gregskril

C) ENS core updates, if any***

D) Review any upcoming events with ENS involvement

Always open to additional topics.

3 Likes

Notes

Attendees: Ginge, Spence, Slobo, Alisha, Anas, Anthony, Ashutosh, CerealSabre, Ethlimo, Eze Kenecheukwu, Greg, Jonathan Graepner, Sasha Dj, Julius, ENS Vision, Colton, Maintainer

Special thanks to @Ginge.eth for taking very detailed notes!

A) Review status / progress of PFP Generator RFP

• Had a discussion on the current status of the artwork PFP generator
  • @5pence.eth & @Ginge.eth, will make the the changes discussed and Ginge will post the final version on the forum sometime this week

B) Highlight ecosystem projects/people & consider retroactive funding:

• Stewards will confer on what the feasible amount of retroactive funding for this term and get back to the group this month.

• ens.vision
    Sasha DJ described the vision for the project. They want to move beyond being a bulk upload tool. They already have support for 10kclub among other ENS niches. Monthly infrastructure cost are about $250/month, with dev cost amounting to a far bigger expense. Subdomain features are actively being thought about; execution limited by dev resources. Ideally, funds would be used to fund an extra developer.

• opentown
    Jonathon Graeup described how they use GPT 3 on the backend to generator alternative suggestions for ENS names. This is early in development, all dev and infrastructure costs are being paid out of pocket.

• gregskril
    greg has created Ethleaderboard + Ethgasalerts + ENS banner, among many other projects. Details can be found on the notion page

C) ENS core updates, if any

• rarible approched ENS with a pitch to set up a white labeled solution for ENS marketplace
  • creates an incremental source of revenue
  • requires active involvement of TNL, due to smart contract integration
  • example

D) Review any upcoming events with ENS involvement
n/a

E) Open topics

6 Likes

Ah, I messed up my timezones! Can someone check my math here so I don’t miss the next one, this is on Mondays at 3pm EST, correct?

These calls alternate between two times.

Next weeks is on Tuesday at 1am GMT. (9pm eastern Monday)

We have a public gmail calendar here: ENS Master

1 Like