Meeting Link: https://meet.google.com/eus-xubt-uxj

Term #2 Elected Stewards : @theanthonyware, @AvsA , and @ceresstation

A) Updates on Gitcoin GR15

• Public Goods WG support for Advocacy Cause Round
  • Ecosystem Round

B) Public Goods project highlights
C) Updates on supporting women in web3 initiatives
D) Open space for additional public goods topics

Feel free to suggest topics by replying to this thread.

1 Like

5pm or 6pm GMT?

Yeah, looks to be an hour later. Weekly Public Goods Meeting, August 23, 2022

2 Likes

I see…thanks @zadok7

Apologies. I Should have made note of the time change. I did on the event, but not here.

Attendees: alisha.eth, avsa.eth, cerestation.eth, estmcmxi.eth, hellenstans.eth, Okoronkwo Chidi, wolfram.eth, zadok7.eth

Call Minutes

A) Updates on Gitcoin GR15

Stewards will organize a grants review workshop on Google Meet for all grantees to take place next week.

Public Goods WG support for Advocacy Cause Round

• “The Crypto Advocacy round is focused on building support for trailblazing organizations at the forefront of good crypto policy and in defense of the open web.” - Gitcoin.
  • The Public Goods Working group will be dedicating 50k USDC for the advocacy cause round in GR15.
  • To continue support, the PG Working Group will ask for an additional 100k at the upcoming mid-term budget request period to replenish the ens-gitcoingrants funding.
  • No objections to this plan express on the call.

ENS Ecosystem Round

• The Public Goods working Group is committing another 50k to the ecosystem matching round.
  • No objections to having the max matching set at 5% with broad criteria for the ecosystem round.

B) Public Goods project highlights

C) Updates on supporting women in web3 initiatives

• Discussed ways to fund Women in Web3 initiatives.
    • Looking to target specific projects first.
    • Aiming to have presentations by estmcmxci and hellenstans during next week’s calls on funding ideas.

D) Open space for additional public goods topics

Retroactive vs. Proactive Funding

• The Working Group should focus on retroactive funding rather than proactive funding.
    • The proactive method creates complexity, such as following-up and accountability tracking.
    • See the Optimism post on Retroactive Public Goods funding for background.
  • These retroactive grants could be framed as “ENS PG Awards” with separate categories to give organizations and individual builders significant acknowledgment beyond monetary compensation.
  • This could be a streaming award for Public Goods.
    • Stream $12k over a year
    • The award program will be discussed further as something to be launched in November, coinciding with the anniversary of the DAO or potentially at DevCon in October.
7 Likes

Hello - thanks to the Stewards for giving consideration to this topic:

Myself and @Elle97 will work async to prepare for next week’s PG call.

3 Likes