Agenda for Weekly Public Goods Meeting, July 12, 2022 @ 5PM GMT

Meeting Link: https://meet.google.com/vah-wzom-ubb

Term #2 Elected Stewards : @theanthonyware, @AvsA , and @ceresstation

A) Small Grants update / discussion
B) Strategy & Planning Update
B) Budget Update
D) Open space for additional topics

Call Minutes

Attendees: anthonyware.eth, avsa.eth, alisha.eth, coltron.eth, carlosdp.eth, ricmoo.eth, slobo.eth, Hellen Stans, Steve G, zadok7.eth, oakgroup.eth , ashu, gregskril.eth

A) Small Grants update / discussion

• Should be ready by next week. Everything is nearly built out. The WG needs to determine the funding round details.
  • The deliverables for Carlos’s team will be considered completed when the first round is completed. It is anticipated there may be a few bugs, but Carlos assured the WG his team would provide support throughout the process.
  • Officially, one full grants round per month starting in August. Proposals will be called for before August 1st to give time to crafts proposals.
  • It was suggested to run a 7-day round in July for 5E. This would cover five projects with 1E being disbursed to each. The timeline would be 19-26th for proposal submission with voting occurring the 26th-31st.
  • The voting will use Serenae’s voting strategy, ERC-20 voting with override.
  • Aiming host the grants wither on a subdomain or a .xyz domain that has already been secured. The WG will look into hosting all of this on a decentralized platform.

B) Strategy & Planning Update

• Updates on subgroups will happen during next week’s call when budget drafts are proposed.
  • Looking to refine a notion dashboard with coltron.eth and Hellen Stans.
  • We should remember that one reason for the grants mechanism is to bring visibility to builders. The working groups focus is to ensure they are supporting a broad number of builders.

C) Budget Update

• Everyone wishing to suggest a term initiative for the DAO should refer to the the forum post here.

D) Open space for additional topics

Non covered. Meeting ran for full hour on topics above.

4 Likes

Hi Anthony, could you please add the Small Grants Program to the agenda? Thanks :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Done! Look forward to learning about the progress of the Small Grants and where we can help move things to the next stage.

I am myself looking for updates on it actually. It was funded by the PG WG late May and a number of small teams have been waiting for it. Sorry about the confusion; I didn’t mean to imply that I will be presenting updates :sweat_smile:

Relocated minuted to original post.

What’s Serenae’s voting strategies?

Just curious :slight_smile:

I guess this means a .eth website? There’s a .eth websites SG, and we’re experts for those things, so feel free to talk with us!

Added a link! :point_up:

1 Like