Bring in outside Auditor in so the masses see where they money is going

The DAO needs to audited by external auditors like a a 500 company would like a Deloitte or a PWC. Anyone against this on the board should be removed.

2 Likes

You can see every transaction to/from the DAO wallet here. The wallet is controlled directly by onchain votes, so the only way for any funds to be disbursed is via a publicly declared vote.

7 Likes

That wallet has 336 outgoing transactions (ENS + USDC). There has not been 336 votes/proposals.

Another concern is that there have been payments to individuals originating from multisigs not under the control of any workgroup. Some of these payments are going to stewards. We need some transparency on why these funds were paid out outside the workgroups.
Here is one of the addresses etherscan that is not under the control of any workgroup but has been paying out funds to certain individuals.

Maybe we need an auditor after all.

3 Likes

This wallet belongs to True Names Ltd., and they are a private and also the parent founding organisation of ENS. They paid out to the contributors out of their own pocket. They are not obliged to be transparent. But I love the fact that people are searching. Keep up the good work! We donā€™t need auditors when we have an amazing community with eagle eyes :handshake: :clap:

tl;dr This is not a DAO wallet

2 Likes

You then need to go saying we donā€™t need auditors. Be transparent not our job to dig.

1 Like

I applaud the response of the team. In other projects, they would have removed or blocked the comment. Good job :ok_hand::+1:

I understand @Sad point of view. As a financial administration graduate, I issued to make companies financial statements and evaluate other companies performance according to them.

Now as an small investor, I have to ā€œdigā€ a little but for me itā€™s both fun and interesting.

2 Likes

I understand your concern and is 100% valid. We are very lucky to be on the forefront of technology that has established a blockchain that allows us to see the entire ledger with transparency. You are also correct. It is not your job to dig. It is a personal choice that you have made.

A great benefit to being part of tech in the early stages is running into obstacles. How you approach those obstacles is up to you. Find a solution that is viable, conducive and beneficial to everyone and then make a proposal and if that is accepted by the community and beyond, you might find yourself in a rewarding and successful career and or business opportunity.

2 Likes

Fair and I agree. But this dao if one of the biggest and how do we know who is actually getting the money. How do we know itā€™s not some Smurf accounts. Just real borderline sketchy. Nick.eth himself has received grants from ens DAO. Kinda sus. DAOs are gonna be regulated within the next 5 years and they will back date stuff. Feels like a bunch of Nate Opensea type stuff could be going on here but down a different lane.

1 Like

Who is going to regulate DAOs? Where did you see that information?

Are you serious? Lol Iā€™m The U.S they are already taking steps to start regulating DAOs.

1 Like

Yeah, I was asking for you to provide information.

My way or the highway. :confused: Not sure this is the best way to convince people. Auditors are expensive. Thatā€™s a big counterargument. Why the need for bloat when it can be reconciled by signatories themselves?

I do agree that there have been loose payments from stewards. One guy got 80 cents a word for translating an already translated piece to Russian. The going rate in the country he is from is about 3 cents a word. Why did the DAO pay out 80 cents a word, and offer retroactively for work that was volunteered?

These sorts of things do deserve better oversight. It seems like because the DAO is wealthy it can splash money around to whom it favors emotionally. While itā€™s great to compensate fairly, that 20x overpayment means 19 other languages might not get translated.

There are plenty of instances of loose payments. Anyone who sucks up gets paid. Anyone who asks questions gets booted. This is the way of the world of corrupt. I think the core private company just got $6M or something. No questions asked there either I bet

1 Like

ENS has the potential to have a multi-billion $ MC / valuation

Just look at the recent announcement for UD

It needs to be run like a business with a billion $ MC

Things can quite easily run out of control

Iā€™m not for or against an outside auditor, but the questions seem to be stacking up on various subjects, I know the team are stretched right now, but itā€™s only going to get busier and worse

1 Like

Seeing this is your first post. It would be good to review the Code of Conduct for the forums. You can read that here: Code of Conduct - ENS DAO Governance Forum

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. Thatā€™s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people . Please avoid:

• Name-calling
  • Ad Hominem attacks
  • Responding to a postā€™s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction

If youā€™re unfamiliar with Ad Hominem attacks, hereā€™s a useful article with examples: Ad Hominem Examples: Types & Functions | YourDictionary

There was a user who continually attacked others here. After several warnings they continued. Thatā€™s not the same as ā€œanyone who asks questions gets booted.ā€ Thatā€™s just not factual. Youā€™re welcome to look at that userā€™s history of posts on the forums and weigh that against the Code of Conduct.

In my opinion your very first post does not ā€œprovide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.ā€ It actually detracts from the topic and conversation.

I aint no attorney man but the dude got called a scammer by another user. Where does that rank on the your conduct scale? since you seem like the guy who got the rules memorized and all, perhaps you can tell me if getting called a scammer, which is a criminal allegation, not worse than ad hominim

You could start a separate topic for that if youā€™d like. You are welcome to do that. Only trying to keep this thread on topic. There was good dialogue going on as to if it should, why it should, or should not, if itā€™s needed. I learn a lot from these threads, and it just makes everything better to be reasonable people with each other. Your comments seemed unreasonable and frankly unfounded. Youā€™ve posted a diversionary reply, and this thread continues to go off topic, again. Not attacking you, just saying stay on topic and avoid attacks. They derail the thread.

2 Likes

Yeah that right man, I agree. We gotta stay on topic. I aint his defense lawyer but since you peeps booted that guy, it dont look good on the DAO is all. I aint got the time to fight others battles though. Peace

On topic though, you guys need to get your accounting right. Itā€™s like the wild west here. Money flyin and all, no one knows where and why :v:

1 Like

I kind of see your reply more as derailing tbh. The tone might not have been to your liking, and tone can be hard to translate in text, but it was on topic.

I think itā€™s pretty clear that evidence of loose payments based on ā€˜sucking upā€™ are a thing, and thatā€™s a problem. A better counterargument than attacking someone with a condescending tone (thatā€™s how it came off to me), would be to state that money being allocated based on emotion unilaterally is a process issue, while auditing is a state issue. In other words, you canā€™t fix the problem being discussed with an audit, so it deserves itā€™s own discussion outside of this thread.

So on that, if that would be your argument, which I kind of think you may have implied, I agree. An audit wouldnā€™t solve corruption, it would just tally its score.

In my opinion your very first post does not ā€œprovide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.ā€ It actually detracts from the topic and conversation.

Disagree 100%. The recent incidents being spoken of are of tense geopolitics that donā€™t belong. They, like me, did not attack the beliefs that lead to the implied mismanagement, rather specifically the act itself, because itā€™s absolutely irrelevant the politics involved.

Iā€™m now changing my viewpoint based on your reply. I think there should be a full audit from two different firms in both the English speaking world, and a country that is not a friend to the chosen country. I would nominate the UK and Iran to perform an audit. Both countries have deep cryptocurrency expertise, and a history of honesty in accounting.

1 Like

If yall wanna see how corruption works, this delegate lodged a protest coz he got done bad by the DAO process and the core team offers them a grant to stop them from complaining. Right on

Maybe just an idea fam, your team should listen to community and allow criticism instead of throwing $$$ at those who got complains and buying them or booting them off. I dont like the vibe man. I got done being told by the guy Zadok to shut up coz what I gotta say aint good enough for his taste. I donā€™t want no fights man but it looks to me that I aint even allowed to ask questions and criticise. But I aint gonna fight tho. I am small ENS token holder but this guy seems big and like on a payroll or something that he came running to defence. Nobody likes questions being asked around here seems :v: